Which club has the worst guernsey?

Which club's guernsey is the worst?

• Total voters

Selim

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
probably a hot take here especially since the fans love "tradition" but they are all boring as hell and every club needs to modernise there kit and go more of the NBA and soccer route with it, just make it look better and not a sport stuck in 1967. but i imagine i am very alone on that opinion

but that being said port and freo y'all uncreative and boring asf and easily the worse

nickcat0

Team Captain
Jun 22, 2007
Southport, Lancashire, England.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
St Helens RFC
probably a hot take here especially since the fans love "tradition" but they are all boring as hell and every club needs to modernise there kit and go more of the NBA and soccer route with it, just make it look better and not a sport stuck in 1967. but i imagine i am very alone on that opinion

but that being said port and freo y'all uncreative and boring asf and easily the worse

Traditional guernseys aren't boring, they're stylish. It would be a huge improvement if all clubs looked like they did in 1967, or in the case of the expansion clubs, look as if they were around in 1967

fsdgf

Rookie
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Of the original Victorian sides, it's Hawthorn followed by the Bulldogs. Both colour schemes are awful, although the Dogs' is fixable if they just changed the tones slightly, like to match the Union Jack or the Russian or French flags. They're just slightly off working well together.

Then throwing in the first group of expansion sides, it's again Hawthorn and then a toss-up between Port and Adelaide. Freo, West Coast and Port have had some shockers over the years , but Freo and WC have at settled on some decent designs now.

I'm only separating them out because you then come to Gold Coast, which is so shockingly bad that you can't honestly put anything else in its league. GWS's isn't great either, but that is probably more from me liking the traditional designs.

I'm also going to throw in Peel in the WAFL as having the worst in nation-wide footy behind Gold Coast.

Philth

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2008
Geraldton
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United
What specifically is so bad about Gold Coast's jumper? Is it simply the colours, or the design?
For me, its the design.
They didnt have a lot of choice with the colours, but could have done a lot better with how they used them, and a better logo.

Port and Freo have shown you can turn things around, they both had shockers but are now quite good. Suns can do the same.

For me, its the design.
They didnt have a lot of choice with the colours, but could have done a lot better with how they used them, and a better logo.

Port and Freo have shown you can turn things around, they both had shockers but are now quite good. Suns can do the same.
I like the design, it's better than Freo than Ports rather boring efforts. The logo is also good, it's basically a modern take on the Carlton one. In fact, the whole jumper is basically a modern take on the Carlton one except in red and yellow. Anything you can say about one as to why you hate or like it you can pretty much say about the other, except of course for the colour.

Philth

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2008
Geraldton
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United
I like the design, it's better than Freo than Ports rather boring efforts. The logo is also good, it's basically a modern take on the Carlton one. In fact, the whole jumper is basically a modern take on the Carlton one except in red and yellow. Anything you can say about one as to why you hate or like it you can pretty much say about the other, except of course for the colour.
Yes it is all a matter of opinion.
Although you're definitely in the minority with this one Father!

Yes it is all a matter of opinion.
Although you're definitely in the minority with this one Father!
Yes, and it is bewildering. It's like people just mindlessly go negative whenever GC are mentioned in regards to anything. How is Freo or Port's jumper better?

NeutralFan

All Australian
Feb 15, 2015
Somewhere, Probably
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, ATP
I'm not a huge fan of how GWS and Gold Coast's guernsey just had their logo at the front instead of trying to adopt a pattern.
I wish GWS' full charcoal was their home strip instead of the orange jumper + charcoal shorts. Not a fan of that combo.
Gold Coast's home outfit doesn't look established to me, still looks like a concept.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Why GWS hasn't gone the orange, charcoal, and white tricolour vertical style that looked great in early training outfits already, I'm not sure.

Personally, I actually like the thick horizontal tricolour as a design.
That’d be very similar to St Kilda. Regardless of St Kilda’s thoughts on it, I don’t think it would be a great way for GWS to develop their own brand.

Bjo187

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
That's true. Also why I said I personally like the thick horizontal tricolour.

Agree a cool colour combo. I did design some of these last year.

20210106_204845.jpg 20210106_204912.jpg

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Really? I think it's awful.

hiking

Rookie
Nov 13, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Agree a cool colour combo. I did design some of these last year.
Yeah, I really like that one.

Even without the "G" and a smaller white part (thicker charcoal and orange stripes) would be great. Especially since it would be a traditional style yet with different colours, against the trend of the other newly introduced clubs (AFL era).

Philth

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2008
Geraldton
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yes, and it is bewildering. It's like people just mindlessly go negative whenever GC are mentioned in regards to anything. How is Freo or Port's jumper better?
Because they have tried to follow a traditional style design, and it worked.
If you think Freo and Ports guernseys are boring, then you must think the same of Collingwood, Essendon, etc.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seems Sydney and Melbourne both have the least hated guernsey's.

I really don't like Sydney's. I voted for St. Kilda (hate how it's a different colour depending what direction it's seen from) but Sydney's would be second. The opera house on the yoke looks tacky and harkens back to an era where they were desperate to distance themselves from South Melbourne and ingratiate themselves to the Sydney market, and the all red back doesn't match the most white front. I wish they'd just wear the V all the time.

Bjo187

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
I really don't like Sydney's. I voted for St. Kilda (hate how it's a different colour depending what direction it's seen from) but Sydney's would be second. The opera house on the yoke looks tacky and harkens back to an era where they were desperate to distance themselves from South Melbourne and ingratiate themselves to the Sydney market, and the all red back doesn't match the most white front. I wish they'd just wear the V all the time.

Yeah st kilda's annoys me too. How hard is it to switch the stripes on the back to ensure the different stripes pattern continues.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Traditional guernseys aren't boring, they're stylish. It would be a huge improvement if all clubs looked like they did in 1967, or in the case of the expansion clubs, look as if they were around in 1967

Carlton, Essendon, Bulldogs, Geelong, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Richmond and St. Kilda all essentially wear what they did back then (except for everyone wearing black or white shorts).

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
The west coast is the west coast of Australia and there is no coast further west, the Western Bulldogs have five teams more west than them. They should have called themselves something like the GWM Bulldogs or just stuck with Footscray as it's not as if any other Melbourne team feels limited by their suburban monikers.
Oh boy oh boy, forget it, its a loosing battle you are trying to win.

Wargreymon90

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think Essendon, Richmond, Collingwood, north, hawthorn and port have overrated jumper designs.

they’re fine, but look like default templates on any sports game ‘create a team’ mode.

Brisbane’s is the best imo

Back