Toast North Melbourne Debt free

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James and Euge deserve the lion’s share of the credit, in my view. Great news all round. Not to mention the general “vibe” it creates. We’re like a re-invigorated war vet emerging from the bush after 20 years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep.

The first steps are always the hardest to take. The gumption and balls it took to reject the pressure from the AFL, knowing full well the challenge that lay ahead, then to get hit with the GFC and still lay the foundations for this day. Magnificent work.

To everyone on this board that bought a membership, made a donation, bought some merch or attended a game… take a bow, you own this as much as anyone.

A great milestone.
giphy.gif

This actually makes me so happy

The transphobic comments on it are not on.

To be fair, there's barely any comments on there that Dani would have a problem with. I found it encouraging that people are becoming more enlightened and let's say, "woke" in all the right ways around these issues.

From the AFL website: https://www.afl.com.au/news/688198/hooroo-debt-north-makes-history-after-years-of-financial-pain

HooRoo debt: North makes history after years of financial pain
North Melbourne becomes debt-free for the first time in decades... NORTH Melbourne is celebrating after wiping its debt for the first time since 1987.

NORTH Melbourne is an AFL pauper no more, with the Kangaroos debt free for the first time in almost 35 years.

Often the talk of merger and relocation speculation, North heading into the black is a significant achievement for the once-cash strapped battlers.

The Kangaroos rejected a lucrative deal to relocate to the Gold Coast in 2007. Turning down the record package from the AFL split opinions of many, but the bold decision has paid off.

It is the first time the club has been debt free since 1987. Despite COVID interruptions, a bottom-placed finish, and, for the main, crowdless stadiums in 2021, the club has just recorded its 13th profit from the past 14 seasons.

North Melbourne chairman Ben Buckley and chief executive Ben Amarfio will join with past and present coaches to make the announcement official on Friday.
Ha. Now, apparently, we’re the ‘once-cash strapped battlers’. They just can’t help themselves …

To be fair, there's barely any comments on there that Dani would have a problem with.
I cannot speak on her behalf, she says on her instagram that she wants to stop discrimination among trans people, that includes constant misgendering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back