Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently all our players are vaxxed. Looks like the no dickheads policy is paying dividends.
Did they get their shots done off site?

Fair dinkum. This ******* club is ****ed!

They were mini draft
i have my wires crossed as well
GCS didn't have mini draft picks, they traded into them with GWS.
GWS got Picks 2, 4 & some other 1st rd pick to get access to Jaeger & Martin.

Zorko was a pre-listing they then on-traded (i guess similar to what GWS could have done with Shiel/Cameron)
As i've gone through it, what GWS were given v. GCS is ridiculously imbalanced.
Perhaps luck of the draw with the drafting years, but **** me how GWS haven't won a flag is an indictment on them

i have my wires crossed as well
GCS didn't have mini draft picks, they traded into them with GWS.
GWS got Picks 2, 4 & some other 1st rd pick to get access to Jaeger & Martin.

Zorko was a pre-listing they then on-traded (i guess similar to what GWS could have done with Shiel/Cameron)
As i've gone through it, what GWS were given v. GCS is ridiculously imbalanced.
Perhaps luck of the draw with the drafting years, but **** me how GWS haven't won a flag is an indictment on them
Yeah GWS got a much larger leg up than GC

Yeah GWS got a much larger leg up than GC
I read somewhere (would have to search for it) that if you add the draft and salary concessions Gold Coast initially got in 2010 and the additional ones they got in 2018 together, they only just added up to what GWS got to start with.

Not to mention GWS got a brand spanking new accommodation and training facility at Breakfast Point from the get go and Gold Coast were working out of sheds and portables for the first 6 years, its actually quite ridiculous.

It's pretty obvious the AFL wanted a presence in Western Sydney far more than their interest in SEQ.

Statement from the AFLPA about Liam Jones, pointing out that they have ensured financial protection for players who don't want to vaccinate and cannot otherwise fulfil their contractual obligations due to state restrictions and border rules.

Liam Jones has made the difficult decision to retire from his AFL career. The AFL Players’ Association respects Liam’s right to make this decision and also respects his request for privacy.

As such, we will not be making any comments about Liam’s specific situation.

The AFLPA congratulates Liam on his AFL career and his contribution to the game. As a past player, Liam will continue to have the support of all AFLPA services and people.

The agreed COVID-19 vaccination policy between the AFL and AFLPA was developed in accordance with a number of key principles, including the understanding that some AFL and AFLW players may elect not to be vaccinated.

With current Victorian State Government directions for workers and various state border rules making it impossible for unvaccinated players to fulfil their contractual obligations, the policy ensures that unvaccinated players exiting the game have financial protections that they would not otherwise be legally entitled to.

The policy specifies key timelines that enable players to make decisions around vaccination in line with state directives, and also provides for a review mechanism of the policy should Government directions change.”

Basically if the agreement wasn't in place he'd be walking away empty handed in breach of contract, rather than having a partial payout. 🤔

Who would have thought a couple of Carlton players would be anti vax or in that rabbit hole. Probably goes to explain why they performed so poorly this year. Not a lot of intelligence in that group and it is just spreads.

If you are making pretty ordinary decisions outside of match day, it doesn't really bode well for when you get out there.

Good to see that Norf were finally able to unleash the warchest. On Hugh Greenwood.

That will teach all the naysayers that they couldn't land a big fish tadpole.

Touk Miller is a legend. My favourite non-Essendon player by far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be in the minority but I do not think it is a big deal GC lost Greenwood and I do not see it being a massive plus for North .
GC knew there would be someone asking a question. Clubs do not delist players they 100% want to keep. They where prepared to risk Greenwood. I think the shock to them was someone actually offering more money over more years.
Anyway gives them a chance to play their 2nd to 4th year players.

Carlton has also been knocked back on their request for a draft pick to replace Jones.

Throw in the reason for the retirement there is probably not too many people happy with him there.

Carlton has also been knocked back on their request for a draft pick to replace Jones.

Throw in the reason for the retirement there is probably not too many people happy with him there.
If he'd retired two days earlier they would've been fine too. It's a bit shitty. He's lucky he gets the pay out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back