RD Pick 31 - GWS -
RD Pick 32 - Brisbane -
RD Pick 33 - Geelong -
RD Pick 34 - Port Adelaide -
RD Pick 35 - Western Bulldogs -
RD Pick 36 - Melbourne -

Last edited:

Pick 53 - Carringbush.....Colliwobb......Collingwood - Morgan Ferres

Sorry for the delay. I am finding harder to find diamonds in the rough this year.

Plus I had a massive case of Jeremiasitis (TM), thinking Brady Hough was still available at my last pick, which really threw me out when I finally saw Arr0w had hit the target before I did.

I really wanted to find a KPP that I liked, as I think Collingwood are really thin in the spine (ruck aside), but I struggled. I thought of bidding on Eric Benning, but he isn't the best fit for the Pies list. It might work if they play him purely up fwd (where he has some TDK-like attributes), but just too hard basket given their list demographics. Plus Freo would prob match anyway.

In the end I have gone with Morgan Ferres.

He's a tweener fwd, at 190cm. Which is hard yakka at AFL level. But he has good endurance, is a strong contested mark and is athletic enough. I am hoping that he will be too strong for medium defenders and too quick and too endurance-y....enduring.....endu...... he'll be too fit for tall defenders to keep up.

Needs to work on defensive pressure, but he has some really nice attributes. I think if you are good enough, you are tall enough. And at this point of the draft, he seems to have good upside if he can find his niche.

Next up: Blugazi

1637147959552.png

I don't think Brisbane actually have more list places to fill but I'll go anyway and fill a need pick
55 - Brisbane - Josh Cripps.

It looks to be a pretty shallow ruck draft this year and numerous places have Josh rated in the top 50 and the next best ruck after Conway. So it's not entirely a Patty's brother selection.

Proper write up coming.

Sin City with the Dockers next selection.

Port have a great list and with my earlier pick, Josh Sinn hopefully allows for a bit more speed and run-and-carry from the back half of the ground.

I think the biggest issue with Port is their inconsistency. They have one of the best midfields in the comp, yet they rank 11th for clearances. They made a prelim just this year, yet their average losing margin was 45.2 points. Most of these I believe comes down to game plan as well as the mindset and mentality of the players.

However Port's biggest issue this year was their ageing spine - Charlie Dixon, Tom Jonas, Travis Boak, Scott Lycett and Trent McKenzie are all 29-31 years of age. If you have a look at their defensive deficiencies, they seemed to get exposed down back when Aliir's intercepting ability was negated.

This lead to instances where Tom Jonas was stuck in disadvantageous one-on-one's with the opposition's best forward and exposed the poor positioning of Port's more attacking half-backs who were all undersized. A young key defender also provides some depth to replace Lienert who was just delisted (I don't have much faith in Skinner).

That being said...

With pick 57, Port Adelaide select Oscar Adams (key defender/ruck) - 198cm, 85kg

Well it's my pick again, but this time for the Blues.

Now if I was Nick Austin I personally would still use this pick on upgrading one of Matt Kennedy/Josh Honey, and use our free list spot from Jones on someone through the pre-season SSP. I would call up Blake Schlensog, Noah Pegoraro, Jack Hayes (all 3 are mature state league players) as well as Michael Hartley, Kaiden Brand and Ryan Garthwaite (all 3 are DFAs) and see who's interested in training with us over the pre-season for a position on our list.

I personally think that's the best way to find a short term replacement for Jones and depth for OMac/Young, while we hit the draft with our first rounder next year for a good KPD - that draft is meant to be filled with KPPs.

Despite all that, this is just a phantom draft so I might as well use the extra pick here instead. :p

So... with pick 58 Carlton select Noah Pegoraro - (West Perth-WAFL, 194cm/90kg)

STRENGTHS:
+ Athleticism
+ Reading the play
+ Upside

IMPROVEMENTS:
- Endurance
- Consistency

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 62 - Sydney - Angus Anderson.

Angus is the Captain of the Swans Academy team. He is a 188cm 85kg midfield bull who has progressed to be the only Swans Academy kid invited to the combine this year. He is also the class baby along with Darcy Wilmot with both born on the last day of the year i think.

The swans fans think they need a young contested mid with Kennedy playing his last year and Hewitt leaving. With Anderson available here, it allowed me to concentrate on some class earlier with Sonsie, a contested mid with oodles of class and Lohmann, the high end talent.

Anderson seems a great chance of being added to the Swannies list, and here or as a rookie fits well.

That is the Swans list done Jimmae

Next up is Coona Blues

Hmmm was going to be lazy and just take Father/Son Jackson Archer and pass on last pick, but will keep him as have two remaining, even after the Greenwood steal.

Weighing up four prospects
Overagers Will Papley with a profile not unlike his brother or more left field Ollie Sanders, undersized mid who dominated the interstate game V Queensland, know a bit about his lineage with the Sanders boys being almost legendary at North Launceston during my teens, many, many moons ago (177cm/76kg overages) who is a mid, but would have to become a small forward at the higher level. Contested ball and elite disposal are his outstanding traits.
Contested bull Kade Dittmar from East Perth is another consideration.

Finally settled on

Pick 63 - North Melbourne - Jai SERONG

192cm | 88kg | 16/02/2003

Brother of Caleb, but totally different profile.
Is he a KPP? Third tall? Tall midfielder?
Untapped, slow burn, skinny kid. Gifted player with aerial skills and great hands. Is versatility a curse or a blessing?
Kangas have most roles covered, a utility might just be a good option.

Considered Papley and Sanders along with a couple of dynamic “short people” as potential small forwards, as it is seen as a need by many. However Kangas have Mahony, Phillips, Powell, Lazzaro, Spicer, Bosenavulagi, and Turner who are options along with mediums Zurhaar, Scott and Ford. Next years draft has dynamic father/son Cooper Harvey promising as a mid/forward option.

Ash24

Pick 51: Ronald Fejo Jr
I think in reality he probably needs another year at SANFL level building up his body to get ready for the highest level but I'm picking him anyway because I like him so much. Smooth mover in traffic.Fantastic user of the ball. Uses the ball well at pace. Probably doesn't get enough of it at this stage but I think if you get a bunch of preseasons into him and shove him on a wing you're going to hit the jackpot.

Jeremias

Fejo would be the most skilled in the draft

Wouldn't be surprised an SA club pick him earlier

Remove this Banner Ad

Back