Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So....he did it? But was let off? But 4 years later has to step down??
Correct.
The CA and CriockTas investigation found that he did not breach any code of conduct by sending dick pics to a co-worker. Go figure.

Now the texts are about to become public, everyone has had a bit of a rethink about what is and is not acceptable behavior and found that perhaps it was a breach (surprise!)

Id say there will be some heads to roll in both those departments if there are any responsible parties still left (unless they are good enough to scape goat someone else)

He was exonerated and allowed to continue as captain because CA thought that nobody would ever find out. Ruh-roh, somebody found out. Bye bye Timmy.

Nobody comes out of this smelling like roses.

Edit: wait, when was he made captain? This all took place before sandpapergate, no? So he was actually made captain, knowing this had occurred?

He was exonerated and allowed to continue as captain because CA thought that nobody would ever find out. Ruh-roh, somebody found out. Bye bye Timmy.

Nobody comes out of this smelling like roses.

Edit: wait, when was he made captain? This all took place before sandpapergate, no? So he was actually made captain, knowing this had occurred?
This is what I was thinking. How did they think this would be a good idea!?

Jesus, even the woman comes out looking bad -

The allegations raised against Tim Paine by a former Cricket Tasmania employee were only brought to the attention of Cricket Tasmania when formal charges of theft were laid against that employee in mid 2018.
Cricket Tasmania Chairman, Andrew Gaggin, said there was no complaint raised at the time of the incident in November 2017, nor when the employee's position with the organisation was terminated.
"As soon as Cricket Tasmania was made aware, it undertook an investigation that determined the interaction was consensual, private, occurred on the one occasion only, was between mature adults and was not repeated," he said.
"Cricket Tasmania clearly does not condone this type of behaviour and addressed the matter directly with Tim Paine.
"However, because of the consensual nature of the actions it was determined that no further action was required or appropriate."
Mr Gaggin said criminal charges against the former employee were still pending and it was inappropriate to comment further given the matter was still before the courts.

On that it looks more like he's stepping down now so it isn't a distraction later when someone (British tabloid) publishes the story.

Selling the photos would help pay for a lawyer.

This is really disappointing. Two people had a relationship, it involved sexting (which all new relationships involve these days) and an investigation was done that confirmed it was all consensual. I don't see the problem. We need more leaders to stand up in these cases and say that their private life is their business - time to move on.

Whoever released the photos is looking at criminal charges too.

This is really disappointing. Two people had a relationship, it involved sexting (which all new relationships involve these days) and an investigation was done that confirmed it was all consensual. I don't see the problem. We need more leaders to stand up in these cases and say that their private life is their business - time to move on.

Whoever released the photos is looking at criminal charges too.
At the end of the day, he still cheated on his wife.

Also, what's with d!ck pics? I don't get it. I'm reasonably confident in saying that women wouldn't find them that attractive. Trucko? Anyone?

Unsolicited? Absolutely not. When you've been texting each other how horny you are for each other? Yeah, maybe. Equivalent of a topless shot I suppose. You wouldn't want a weird one though. Mainly I think they exist to stroke (ba-dum tish) the male ego by encouraging the woman to tell him how big he is and how desperate she is for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a correspondence with Australia Cricket authorities in June 2018, the woman claimed she was offended by “Mr Paine’s sexually explicit, unwelcome and unsolicited photograph of his genitals in addition to the graphic sexual comments”.

I don't see what people don't get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back