IMG_4432.JPG

Subi, South Freo and Swan Districts Indigenous

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Light jumpers with dark shorts are increasingly rare (e.g. Collingwood's change in 2001, North's more recently) but surely when you have a set-up like this Brisbane should just wear the home shorts and avoid introducing the block of white.

View attachment 1175015
It would be neat if Southport did an an alternate strip like the current kit but with a black back, a black strip with a white v or even a black strip with a gold v, their branding is so slick it would work regardless

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BlackWing

Debutant
Apr 28, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Centrals
Unlike the VFL where the rules were home team wore black shorts and away teams wore white shorts, in the SANFL each team nominated either white or black shorts for home games. I think in 1964 Central, North Adelaide, West Torrens and Woodville wore white shorts at home and possibly South Adelaide and not sure about Sturt, the other teams wore black at home. After a couple of seasons Woodville switched to black shorts. Therefore Central only wore black shorts away to these teams and so majority of games were white shorts.

From memory Central wore red shorts for clashes from about 1988 to 1992. This was with the white guernsey and the first year of the hooped guernseys.
White shorts were worn for clashes from 1993 to 1994. In the 1994 finals for their 3 finals games Central wore white shorts. The president announced at the AGM that white shorts would be worn as 1st choice shorts. I believe this decision was for historic and nostalgic reasons as Centrals had mainly worn white shorts up until about 1975 when colour television saw the introduction of coloured shorts.
In 1995 and 1996 South Adelaide also wore white shorts as 1st choice and so in these away games Central wore blue shorts. From 1997 to 2012 Central were the only team with white shorts as 1st choice so there wasn't any need for clash shorts. From 2013 North Adelaide decided to wear white shorts as 1st choice so since that time Central have worn blue shorts in away games against North Adelaide.

My preference is for white shorts mainly as i think they look better and also for the historic reason. Also only need to wear a different colour away against North.

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
Unlike the VFL where the rules were home team wore black shorts and away teams wore white shorts, in the SANFL each team nominated either white or black shorts for home games. I think in 1964 Central, North Adelaide, West Torrens and Woodville wore white shorts at home and possibly South Adelaide and not sure about Sturt, the other teams wore black at home. After a couple of seasons Woodville switched to black shorts. Therefore Central only wore black shorts away to these teams and so majority of games were white shorts.

From memory Central wore red shorts for clashes from about 1988 to 1992. This was with the white guernsey and the first year of the hooped guernseys.
White shorts were worn for clashes from 1993 to 1994. In the 1994 finals for their 3 finals games Central wore white shorts. The president announced at the AGM that white shorts would be worn as 1st choice shorts. I believe this decision was for historic and nostalgic reasons as Centrals had mainly worn white shorts up until about 1975 when colour television saw the introduction of coloured shorts.
In 1995 and 1996 South Adelaide also wore white shorts as 1st choice and so in these away games Central wore blue shorts. From 1997 to 2012 Central were the only team with white shorts as 1st choice so there wasn't any need for clash shorts. From 2013 North Adelaide decided to wear white shorts as 1st choice so since that time Central have worn blue shorts in away games against North Adelaide.

My preference is for white shorts mainly as i think they look better and also for the historic reason. Also only need to wear a different colour away against North.
Interesting about the black shorts - I did not know that. Re the shorts, you're the Centrals fan so what you say goes. My preference though would be for blue shorts home and white shorts away (perhaps blue v NA). I'd be partial to the odd use of red shorts too - against Sturt & WWT perhaps!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back