Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt4 - Beyond the Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

An old idea from New Idea.

Predictably, Edwards scores an imperfect dix.

This whole bunch of Killers deserves nothing more than blanks.

However, as readers of this thread well know, it's not a New Idea that Edwards killed at least 3 people and damaged so many others along the way.

Spot the basic factual error in the below.

'10. Claremont Serial Killer
It is believed the Claremont Serial Killer murdered at least three people in Perth in the mid-90s. All victims were last seen in night spots in Perth’s well-heeled Claremont.

The first woman who disappeared was Sarah Spiers, 18, on Jan. 27, 1996. She was last seen waiting for a taxi on a main road. Her body has never been found. Jane Rimmer, 23, disappeared on June 9 that year, and her body was found nearly two months later in bushland.

On March 14, 1997, lawyer Ciara Glennon, 27, disappeared from Claremont and her semi-clothed body was found on April 3.

Following one of WA’s biggest investigations, Perth Telstra technician Bradley Robert Edwards, 48, was arrested in 2017 over the murders. Bradley was later convicted in September 2020 of abducting and killing Jane and Ciara, and was sentenced to life in prison with a non-parole period of 40 years.'

You wonder how much further interest WAPOL could/might have in this property when it does come time to demolition? Also has there ever been reports of family/friends or the likes removing any previous furniture from within the house I wonder? Is anyone aware?

Normally the news mobs makes themselves well known to the neighbors near by from day one with these sorts of things and offer a financial incentive for a reasonable tip off of such events.

Last edited:
An Ex-WA Cop connected to the CSK case in the news today for some murderous comment caught on a Facebook video.

'The Northern Territory's Deputy Police Commissioner has apologised after accidentally live-streaming a video on social media in which he jokingly refers to the collective noun of officers as "a murder".'

'Deputy Commissioner Smalpage was previously Assistant Commissioner Professional Standards at WA Police, before taking on his role at NT Police in February last year.'

In the live CSK podcast that Tim Clarke and his team broadcast, Policeman Murray Smalpage (now NT Police Deputy Commissioner) was what Tim Clarke called the 3rd sliding door in the CSK case, rose to a very high rank in WAPOL, and was described as 'meticulous'.

Smalpage was alleged to have been the Police officer that took BRE's fingerprints in one of the 1988 Huntingdale break-ins, and then later Smalpage was handpicked by a Detective running the CSK who claims to have known Smalpage from the Police Academy, to be the Exhibits officer on the CSK case. And it was those same fingerprints that Smalpage took in 1988 which matched with the BRE 1990 Hollywood Hospital fingerprints.

For some reason Smalpage never made it into the final cut of Tim Clarke's CSK book.

Last edited:
'Seven is set to produce a new drama based on the Claremont killings, to start filming next year.
The news came during the network’s annual Upfronts event which outlined its 2022 programming line-up for media buyers.
“It’s a two by two-hour miniseries that, assuming border openings and access to WA and funding from WA, will get made next year"'

So it's a 'drama' as opposed to a documentary?
Or is it a documentary with re-enactments, dressed up as a 'drama'.
Possibly just a very dramatic documentary.

Who will play young, old and in between Bradley?

Dramatising key people related to this case, whose identities are either still being suppressed or who have requested they not be publicly identified, (like BRE's 1st and 2nd wives, and his step-daughter), could be tricky.

I wonder what the family and living victims think about this 'drama' being aired?

Last edited:
'Seven is set to produce a new drama based on the Claremont killings, to start filming next year.
The news came during the network’s annual Upfronts event which outlined its 2022 programming line-up for media buyers.
“It’s a two by two-hour miniseries that, assuming border openings and access to WA and funding from WA, will get made next year"'

So it's a 'drama' as opposed to a documentary?
Or is it a documentary with re-enactments, dressed up as a 'drama'.
Possibly just a very dramatic documentary.

Who will play young, old and in between Bradley?

Dramatising key people related to this case, whose identities are either still being suppressed or who have requested they not be publicly identified, (like BRE's 1st and 2nd wives, and his step-daughter), could be tricky.

I wonder what the family and victims think about this 'drama' being aired?

Could be for legal reasons they need to call it a 'drama' rather than a 'documentary' where every fact presented could be challenged under law. I understand they might be portraying some rather litigious characters who prefer the whole thing just went away and was never spoken of again.

Could be for legal reasons they need to call it a 'drama' rather than a 'documentary' where every fact presented could be challenged under law. I understand they might be portraying some rather litigious characters who prefer the whole thing just went away and was never spoken of again.

At a guess, they probably want to add Sarah Spiers into the series and can't legally do it if they present the series as being completely factual. I can't imagine the Edwards family would let that slide without dragging them into court (although can you really argue defamation if you it's implying a convicted murderer also committed a murder that 99.9% of people believe he committed?).

That being said, I imagine they'd still tread carefully. They'll probably include Sarah Spiers but in a way that never shows the killer but heavily implies it like showing partial shots of the actor playing Edwards and the car. The sort of thing where if you watch the full show it's obvious the person was Edwards and the partial shots of the car were of Edwards' car. But if the family tried to sue them there's plausible deniability cause they didn't show the actor's face so it might not be Edwards.

I dunno how I feel about the mini-series being produced at all to be totally honest. I think it's very difficult to dramatise true crime for film or television without it descending into some low-budget gore p*rn that's basically just a big build up to the murder scenes and feels super disrespectful to the families of the victims. I don't know if I'd trust any of Australia's commercial networks to not aim for views and entertainment rather than respectfully telling the story

I dunno how I feel about the mini-series being produced at all to be totally honest. I think it's very difficult to dramatise true crime for film or television without it descending into some low-budget gore p*rn that's basically just a big build up to the murder scenes and feels super disrespectful to the families of the victims. I don't know if I'd trust any of Australia's commercial networks to not aim for views and entertainment rather than respectfully telling the story
100%. The idea made my stomach turn over & just the fact it's being refered to as a "drama" makes me snarl. A living ******* nightmare is all it will ever be for so many. They better hope they get it really right & have a damn good reason for making it. Most importantly, if they dont have the full support of each victims family & any living victims being portrayed, they should absolutely shelve the idea IMO.

Its under offer!
Sold for a bargain AUD$390k.

Tomato lake=prized?

'The property where Claremont killer Bradley Edwards lived most of his double life has sold, and like many homes with a grim past, it fetched below market value.
While the Kewdale home sold about 20 per cent below value, some recent sales show the stigma of a violent crime can lead to discounts closer to 30 per cent.
The 794 sqm property on Acton Avenue sold for $390,000, within a month of listing through Craig Goodridge of Welsh Real Estate.
The home is subject to a demolition order due to its poor state, which includes a caved ceiling and exposed wires, rather than to concern it would attract disaster tourists if left standing.
Experts estimate a $25,000 demolition cost, which means the block - which sits close to prized Tomato Lake - effectively sold for $365,000.
In comparison, a nearby block on St Kilda Rd - less than half the size at 356sqm - sold in July for $335,000.
While Mr Woodridge could not comment, local agent Franklin Martinez from Laurie Kelly Real Estate said the block was worth about $450,000, suggesting prospective buyers could not stomach anything to do with the killer - including the dirt he once walked on.
The proceeds will partially reimburse the State for Edwards’ legal fees.
Real Estate Institute of WA boss, Damian Collins, said agents were legally required to disclose “all material facts to the transaction” to buyers, but there was not a set length of time crimes were considered relevant.
“While it’s highly likely that high-profile cases will be easily ascertained, incidents from a long time ago may not be known and also may be less relevant,” he said.
“There’s no set discount, and the further back in time the incidents were, the less impact they would have on values. Certainly you’d expect recent high-profile cases to put more buyers off and the discount could be 20-30 per cent or even more.”'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sold for a bargain AUD$390k.

Tomato lake=prized?

'The property where Claremont killer Bradley Edwards lived most of his double life has sold, and like many homes with a grim past, it fetched below market value.
While the Kewdale home sold about 20 per cent below value, some recent sales show the stigma of a violent crime can lead to discounts closer to 30 per cent.
The 794 sqm property on Acton Avenue sold for $390,000, within a month of listing through Craig Goodridge of Welsh Real Estate.
The home is subject to a demolition order due to its poor state, which includes a caved ceiling and exposed wires, rather than to concern it would attract disaster tourists if left standing.
Experts estimate a $25,000 demolition cost, which means the block - which sits close to prized Tomato Lake - effectively sold for $365,000.
In comparison, a nearby block on St Kilda Rd - less than half the size at 356sqm - sold in July for $335,000.
While Mr Woodridge could not comment, local agent Franklin Martinez from Laurie Kelly Real Estate said the block was worth about $450,000, suggesting prospective buyers could not stomach anything to do with the killer - including the dirt he once walked on.
The proceeds will partially reimburse the State for Edwards’ legal fees.
Real Estate Institute of WA boss, Damian Collins, said agents were legally required to disclose “all material facts to the transaction” to buyers, but there was not a set length of time crimes were considered relevant.
“While it’s highly likely that high-profile cases will be easily ascertained, incidents from a long time ago may not be known and also may be less relevant,” he said.
“There’s no set discount, and the further back in time the incidents were, the less impact they would have on values. Certainly you’d expect recent high-profile cases to put more buyers off and the discount could be 20-30 per cent or even more.”'

I'm really interested to see how this all unfolds now, with reference to my earlier post about this its hard to fathom that anything could or might have been removed from within the house/shed/yards etc without it being reported on to some degree and potentially a lot of it might still remain as it was when he was arrested to a large extent, what is everyone else's thoughts about this? I mean I guess its not to say that the house wasn't emptied of all/the majority of his/step daughters belongings during a period of time following his arrest and prior to either him becoming an hourly conversation topic in this state and a lot more was publicly known about him/up to the start of his trial?

And lastly what is everyone's thoughts on as to whether you think WAPOL will have an active interest during the demolition period of this property and also actively investigate everything to a certain degree prior to the removal and disposal of it to landfill etc? along with inspecting the leveled site afterwards with whatever equipment they have at their disposal to potentially discover anything that might offer a very small clue or could also be a critical piece to an incomplete puzzle that to date they have only been able to assume as likely but unfortunately have not been able to prove.

The fact remains that no matter how thorough the house and property has previously been searched, you simply could not possibly detect anything and everything that might or could exist with the house in an erected state, but geez I reckon it should further highlight the fact that if and when an opportunity exists where it does occur through natural courses in time such as this then it should be an absolute given that they do, especially even more so when it relates to an ongoing active and open investigation.

It will be interesting to see what transpires none the less, appreciate everyone's views and comments on this and am keen to hear your thoughts.

I imagine WAPOL might have a bit of a squizz at the rubble and maybe even have one final thorough sweep before demolition just to be absolutely certain there's nothing of value that's lost but I can't imagine they'd find anything interesting. Edwards doesn't sound like the type of killer who kept trophies so I doubt there's something of Sarah's hidden away in some deep crevice in a wall somewhere.

I'm more inclined to believe Edwards was the type of killer to purge all evidence. I know it had been 2 decades but even after taking his car apart there was absolutely no trace of Jane or Ciara in it, even in the most hard to reach places. In the end, it was a case of matching them to a model of car used by Edwards rather than matching them specifically to Edwards' car. His DNA under Ciara's nails was the only way they could connect Edwards specifically to the murders at all. Given he wasn't tipped off that he was about to get his door kicked down I also don't think he's engaged in a mass purge of evidence/trophies etc., at least not immediately prior to his arrest.

In my opinion, that house has told all it's gonna tell which is the sum of bugger all. The only way they're gonna get a line on Sarah Spiers short of pure luck is if they can somehow get Edwards to talk or slip up in an interview

almost FIVE years since the arrest it would not reflect well on wapol should anything of significance now be discovered either at/in/on the kewdale property. it would certainly put an abrupt halt to the new owner's work in progress, and what was thought to have been a steal purchase, at the time, could end up costing considerably more than intended.

imho

almost FIVE years since the arrest it would not reflect well on wapol should anything of significance now be discovered either at/in/on the kewdale property. it would certainly put an abrupt halt to the new owner's work in progress, and what was thought to have been a steal purchase, at the time, could end up costing considerably more than intended.
Is the new owner possibly WAPOL?

i doubt it. wasn't it on the open market?
anyway, aren't such transactions supposed to be open, honest, and at full arms length so as to avoid any possible conflict of interest?
even though, i think it was said, that part proceeds were destined to go towards the funding of his legal expenses, i imagine any other innocent party who may have been listed on the title would be more than a bit peeved about it being sold for an alleged song, especially if the sale had contravened guidelines.
imho

I'm really interested to see how this all unfolds now, with reference to my earlier post about this its hard to fathom that anything could or might have been removed from within the house/shed/yards etc without it being reported on to some degree and potentially a lot of it might still remain as it was when he was arrested to a large extent, what is everyone else's thoughts about this? I mean I guess its not to say that the house wasn't emptied of all/the majority of his/step daughters belongings during a period of time following his arrest and prior to either him becoming an hourly conversation topic in this state and a lot more was publicly known about him/up to the start of his trial?

And lastly what is everyone's thoughts on as to whether you think WAPOL will have an active interest during the demolition period of this property and also actively investigate everything to a certain degree prior to the removal and disposal of it to landfill etc? along with inspecting the leveled site afterwards with whatever equipment they have at their disposal to potentially discover anything that might offer a very small clue or could also be a critical piece to an incomplete puzzle that to date they have only been able to assume as likely but unfortunately have not been able to prove.

The fact remains that no matter how thorough the house and property has previously been searched, you simply could not possibly detect anything and everything that might or could exist with the house in an erected state, but geez I reckon it should further highlight the fact that if and when an opportunity exists where it does occur through natural courses in time such as this then it should be an absolute given that they do, especially even more so when it relates to an ongoing active and open investigation.

It will be interesting to see what transpires none the less, appreciate everyone's views and comments on this and am keen to hear your thoughts.

id say the house would be empty. items either donated to charity, taken home by family members to utilise or store (such as BRE important papers etc), dumped at the tip, or taken by relatives to be sold on. once the final sentence was imposed and the court case was wrapped up, i would guess WAPOL would relinquish all control over the site, and anything inside would be removed by people of BRE choosing. i doubt it would of been on the news, it would make for a boring news story. *tonight on 7 news, movers pack up BRE kewdale home. see the exclusive pics of his dining table and couch, only on 7 news at 6pm.*

personally i dont think WAPOL will have anything whatsoever to do with the demo, earth works or building on the site, unless some new info comes to light. they have already searched, if they had any other info they would be there now. the problem i can see though is future owners of the site. given the high profile nature of the case, and lack of closure on the SS angle, all it would take is someone to say they saw BRE burying a sunflower keyring in the yard and bam - your new house is getting dug up.

unless it was bought by someone from WAPOL on market as a free agent competing against joe public then i highly doubt it. with the way WAPOL have handled the case to date, and the fact that proceeds are going towards his legal debt, i think any form of scandal in the sale would not be well received.

I imagine WAPOL might have a bit of a squizz at the rubble and maybe even have one final thorough sweep before demolition just to be absolutely certain there's nothing of value that's lost but I can't imagine they'd find anything interesting. Edwards doesn't sound like the type of killer who kept trophies so I doubt there's something of Sarah's hidden away in some deep crevice in a wall somewhere.

I'm more inclined to believe Edwards was the type of killer to purge all evidence. I know it had been 2 decades but even after taking his car apart there was absolutely no trace of Jane or Ciara in it, even in the most hard to reach places. In the end, it was a case of matching them to a model of car used by Edwards rather than matching them specifically to Edwards' car. His DNA under Ciara's nails was the only way they could connect Edwards specifically to the murders at all. Given he wasn't tipped off that he was about to get his door kicked down I also don't think he's engaged in a mass purge of evidence/trophies etc., at least not immediately prior to his arrest.

In my opinion, that house has told all it's gonna tell which is the sum of bugger all. The only way they're gonna get a line on Sarah Spiers short of pure luck is if they can somehow get Edwards to talk or slip up in an interview
I think I saw in the media something about sandwich bags with semen? Seemed like he was lazy, didn’t throw them out or was keeping them *vomit emoji*
I suspect he may have kept trophies… but where? He had Ciaras undies for years before he left them on her grave. I think he has a place. Wouldn’t be a place that’s paid for, like a storage unit. I wonder if there is a place related to his work? A secret stash spot?

I think I saw in the media something about sandwich bags with semen? Seemed like he was lazy, didn’t throw them out or was keeping them *vomit emoji*
I suspect he may have kept trophies… but where? He had Ciaras undies for years before he left them on her grave. I think he has a place. Wouldn’t be a place that’s paid for, like a storage unit. I wonder if there is a place related to his work? A secret stash spot?
Sandwich bags are great and have many many uses. Great to see inventive people coming up with new life hacks. Not something I had considered but I’m sure he isn’t alone. I am curious as to why he kept them. Was he that paranoid about not spreading his dna ?

See
I think I saw in the media something about sandwich bags with semen? Seemed like he was lazy, didn’t throw them out or was keeping them vomit emoji

Whaaaaat? He kept her undies and then put them back on her grave years later????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back