The off topic thread 5.0

How f’ed up is it for Peng Shuai, hopefully she can get out of this alive.

Gives a bit of perspective for the people here complaining about how intrusive our government is.
While that is a horrible situation, it doesn't mean we should accept the government's "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about" bullshit, especially when it comes to things like raiding the ABC offices.

Unless you mean the people ranting about QR codes tracking them when they use Google Maps all the time. In which case, agreed.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
I just got my second vaccine and it all went really well.
我做出的最佳决定是接种疫苗来保护我的亲人和朋友。终于可以去任何我想去的地方就好了。
No side effects at all.
Hopefully that's not anti government or we'll never hear from you again.

Held out for 20 months but looks like me and son have both got Covid. Just waiting for PCR confirmation, both tested positive on a lateral flow.

Have to reschedule my booster if it does turn out positive, and miss Everton, PSG and West Ham.

No symptoms from either of us yet, although I'm freezing at moment (I've always tended to feel the cold more than most).

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Held out for 20 months but looks like me and son have both got Covid. Just waiting for PCR confirmation, both tested positive on a lateral flow.

Have to reschedule my booster if it does turn out positive, and miss Everton, PSG and West Ham.

No symptoms from either of us yet, although I'm freezing at moment (I've always tended to feel the cold more than most).
Not good, hopefully you're OK.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon bud. Hopefully a false positive.

Hope you and your son stay well and recover quickly…but I have to say mate is it coincidence KDB also has just got it as well? ;)

Hope you and your son stay well and recover quickly…but I have to say mate is it coincidence KDB also has just got it as well? ;)
I've been telling him mine and KdBs have been mixed up.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

Get well soon, hopefully just a mild case being vaccinated.

Inevitably we will all have covid at some stage of our lives unfortunately.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees

Hope you all get better soon and it doesn’t pass to the rest of your family. Stay well 👍🏼

None if he was found not guilty by a properly selected jury. That system generally works.
You don't think there will be copycats?

My concern is people will see this and think "well if it's self defence it's okay" and then either bait people or completely misconstrue what constitutes a threat.

Back