Jala_86

Finnen
Nov 8, 2021
Norden
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hammarby IF Manchester United FC
Liked youre speeches but heavy metal well not best music for old fashion Finn. 🌍

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Listening to the 2021 Remix & Remaster of Iron Savior's "The Landing" album. Actually sounds pretty good. Highly processed guitars and all. Worth taking a listen for the mighty "Heavy Metal Never Dies" alone if anyone is interested.
Heavy Metal Never Dies is an absolute classic. Havent really listened to much beyond that. Ill give The Landing a go today then :thumbsu:

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Gotta say on first listen I'm quite enjoying this Exodus disc.

Got through 7 songs whilst driving this morning. Found it really lacking IMO. That said If I see a $20 jewel case edition I will pick it up though not dropping $35 for the digi edition JB has on its website.

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
Got through 7 songs whilst driving this morning. Found it really lacking IMO. That said If I see a $20 jewel case edition I will pick it up though not dropping $35 for the digi edition JB has on its website.
Was thinking the same thing regarding the double disc

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Never been a fan of Exodus vocals in general. Musically they're killer but find Zetro a bit grating.

Love his vocals. Didn't love his 'death metal' ones that I heard this morning though. Just went to JB and nothing really there. Be nice if Melbourne had a Utopia.

1914 - Where Fear and Weapons Meet. Interesting symphonic BM (and it is nice to get a Ukrainian BM band that deal with war who don't seem to be NSBM for a change). It worked on me as the album progressed; from the first song it seemed like over-produced BM for a Wacken audience. That impression didn't necessarily change, but I found myself liking it more, though, and am now interested in their other work even if they're not the typical raw BM from Scandinavia or Deutschland that I tend to be obsessed with. The symphonic elements contain a certain bombast which reminds me of Ex Deo, for some reason, even though both bands play very different styles. It has led to me chasing it with Ex Deo - I Caligvla (Roman history is my favourite history).

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
1914 - Where Fear and Weapons Meet. Interesting symphonic BM (and it is nice to get a Ukrainian BM band that deal with war who don't seem to be NSBM for a change). It worked on me as the album progressed; from the first song it seemed like over-produced BM for a Wacken audience. That impression didn't necessarily change, but I found myself liking it more, though, and am now interested in their other work even if they're not the typical raw BM from Scandinavia or Deutschland that I tend to be obsessed with. The symphonic elements contain a certain bombast which reminds me of Ex Deo, for some reason, even though both bands play very different styles. It has led to me chasing it with Ex Deo - I Caligvla (Roman history is my favourite history).

The album before ‘The Blind Leading the Blind’ was one of my 2019 albums of the year.

The album before ‘The Blind Leading the Blind’ was one of my 2019 albums of the year.

I'll be sure to check it out, your recommendations never lead me astray.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure if anyone follows Annihilator main man Jeff Waters’ exploits but these pics of his Watersound Studios in the UK are pretty cool.

146fbc842d4fccc1e5ff17437fd35d68.jpg

SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Not sure if anyone follows Annihilator main man Jeff Waters’ exploits but these pics of his Watersound Studios in the UK are pretty cool.

146fbc842d4fccc1e5ff17437fd35d68.jpg
I saw the other day that he's recording with Lombardo?! Good get
And one of the 18000 iced earth singers.

Annihilator have some absolute classics (1st two albums are largely mint), and some absolute dross too.
As amazing of a guitarist as he is, i think he needs a good songwriting partner to help keep him focused and to weed out the rubbish

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
I saw the other day that he's recording with Lombardo?! Good get
And one of the 18000 iced earth singers.

Annihilator have some absolute classics (1st two albums are largely mint), and some absolute dross too.
As amazing of a guitarist as he is, i think he needs a good songwriting partner to help keep him focused and to weed out the rubbish

Yes Lombardo & Stu Block.

I’d agree with most of this, and I’d add he needs to work with a good vocalist again (hello Stu Block), Waters’ vocals are a bit bland.

FYI - Recent album his best in 15 years.

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
MGLA Exercises in Futility

As someone in the YT comments said, MGLA aren't angry, they are just disappointed.

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Are rumours about Drudkh true?

Are rumours about Drudkh true?

From what I've come across, Drudkh as a band may not be NSBM but some of the members have expressed some pretty dodgy sympathies and expressed admiration for some Ukrainian nationalists who collaborated with the Germans against the Russians (with plenty of the obvious groups caught in the middle). The issue is a lot of this is still conjecture, and there's a real climate of witch hunting driven by anti-fascist groups who tend to rely on fascist means to accomplish their ends. While Nazism is never okay, I'm also not going to just denounce anyone based on internet rumours.

Back