Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The article says he's expected to make a full recovery after a 9 week course of chemotherapy.

Admittedly I have no experience or knowledge in that area, but is that a common prognosis with this kind of thing and perhaps even a silver lining that it's been caught early and is expected to be eradicated?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing worse than cancer and the effects it can have on the person and the family. Wishing him all the best with the chemo and a speedy recovery.

Makes the Greenwood steal all the more important now.

Last edited:
The article says he's expected to make a full recovery after a 9 week course of chemotherapy.

Admittedly I have no experience or knowledge in that area, but is that a common prognosis with this kind of thing and perhaps even a silver lining that it's been caught early and is expected to be eradicated?
Not 100% sure as it can differ with the different types of cancer at different stages, but both my parents went through chemotherapy for early breast (mother) and early tongue/mouth cancer. Both were detected fairly early and the chemo was torture for them both, but both beat it in the end. A lot of follow ups since that will never end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back