Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

It’s fairly well-established how much I love the absolute throwback loose bastard… far and away my favourite player in the league, outside the Saints…

He’ll punch this latest cancer in the utensil, blow durry smoke in its face, then show its missus a night out in the clubroom dunnies.

In all seriousness, the absolute best of wishes to him, and his friends and family.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
The day he runs back out on the field will rival Jason McCartney’s final game.

The Filth Wizard and all our North friends, here’s to a full recovery for Ben and I know the club and supporters will give him the outpouring of love and support he will need from them.
Tough tough times for his family, they’re all in our thoughts reading this news 🙁
Good Luck Ben, from absolutely everyone x

Theicon

Rookie
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I reactivated my account for the first time in 8 years just to say how devastated I am to hear about Ben. Easily my favourite player of the last 10 years and equal all time favourite.

I know Cunners has got this and will make a full recovery, sending him and his family love and positivity.

Get well Ben. Couldnt give a toss if he doesn't play again, he has given everything to the club. Only hope that he makes a full recovery and lives a long life chasing his kids around the paddock.

Actually, I'd be gutted if he doesn't play again. But it's certainly not the main priority.

Get well soon, Ben, you are loved by all of us.

Real kick to the guts when I got this news. Feeling so devastated for Ben and his beautiful family.

He will beat this again however. A world of positive energy will lift him up, coupled with the quiet, indomitable strength of this man I am certain it stands no chance. Like many others here one of my all time favourites. Love this guy so much. Epitomises everything that’s great about this club.

Back