List Mgmt. Nick Daicos

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance Nick will be a dck like JDG - this one is driven to perfection just as his old man was. He lives and breathes football and his sporting heroes are driven and high achieving.

Has all the prerequisites for an outstanding career, it's in his hands as to how high he soars but I can't wait for him to swoop down on that ball in the pivot and leave 3 would be opponents gaping in stunned mullet surprise.
I wouldn't say no chance. Even Pendles got into a pissed fight when he was younger, after he and his mates had pissed people off in a pub. A pretty large percentage of the male population would have been in a fight in a pub.

snagbreac

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man City, BHAFC, Washington FT
He's 18 years old. I do not expect anything more from Nick than I do from anyone else. We have the luxury of time with Nick so there's no need to rush. If we take a season to properly develop him and that's the best choice, then I understand. If next season is a fizzer, then we keep faith. I think as a club we need to let him make a few mistakes and grow before placing all the pressure on him. He could easily be one of the steals of modern history. At the same time, he could have a very humble career. So that he can become a Collingwood icon, Nick needs to be supported and encouraged by fans.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wouldn't say no chance. Even Pendles got into a pissed fight when he was younger, after he and his mates had pissed people off in a pub. A pretty large percentage of the male population would have been in a fight in a pub.
Again you are being precious . .

My meaning was perfectly clear.

Any young man can make a mistake but only dcks repeat them.

Nick doesn't present as such and taking into account his father's demeanor and involvement with both his sons behavior he won't.

Give it up sr Jordan is a dck - 6 years of constant misdemeanors on the public record proves it

Might be time to take your own advice.
You have posted the same/similar view multiple times now - we get it.
I’m looking forward to Jordan showing Nick around his favourite bars.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
No far from it. Can see Nick being the ultimate professional in his preparation and his want to always improve his game. Just these things are huge steps in ensuring he is going to have a long, successful career.
Really impressed watching the "Going Places " video, how he would take Josh to the park to improve his game, so Josh could make the senior side....

Has future captain written all over him.

I honestly still can't get my head around that Nick, son of Peter, was a Carlton supporter.

How the hell did this abomination occur when your dad is arguably the greatest living Magpie of all?

Do we blame the mother? Grandparents?

Where did this Carlton loving influence come from?

We need answers quickly so Jett or Ayce aren't themselves seduced by the dark side.
The Daicos family are close with the Silvagnis. Honestly, I have no idea why people make such a big thing of it. Move on, he’s a pie now.

snagbreac

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man City, BHAFC, Washington FT
The Daicos family are close with the Silvagnis. Honestly, I have no idea why people make such a big thing of it. Move on, he’s a pie now.
I couldn't care less. The Silvagnis are lovely people and it's better he's spending time with the right people than screwing around with nuffies. I agree it's really not a big deal. There are AFL schoolmates who were best friends at school on separate lists and a lot would have played under age football together for Vic Metro, WA, SA, etc ...

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Parenting fail by Peter I'm afraid.;)

When Silvagni first came sniffing around that was the moment Peter needed to break out the highlights tape and introduce young Nick to President Ed who would have arranged for Silvagni to wake up with a pigs arse in his bed.

Nice try you Blue bastards!
A former Richmond board member told me how one day his young son came home and said he was going to change teams given how bad the tigers were. So he grabbed his son and drove down to an area where the streets had a number of homeless people. He pointed them out and said to his son “See these people? That’s what happened to them when they changed teams”. The kid stayed a Richmond fan.

Again you are being precious . .

My meaning was perfectly clear.

Any young man can make a mistake but only dcks repeat them.

Nick doesn't present as such and taking into account his father's demeanor and involvement with both his sons behavior he won't.

Give it up sr Jordan is a dck - 6 years of constant misdemeanors on the public record proves it
I wasn't commenting about JDG. I was commenting about the expectation that a young bloke is going to go through his 20s without stuffing up at any stage. Great if he does, but if he stuffs up a couple of times, he's pretty bloody normal.

there’s just so much wrong with this statement it’s not funny
You might be younger than me, as pub violence seems less common than it used to be. I hope my comment does become absurd, but there were some places (often where footballers of all levels drank) where you were odds on to see a punch thrown at some stage of the night.

stui magpie

Deity in training, practicing omnipotence
Oct 3, 2005
My place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tocumwal
I liked the article and video. The kid has an ego but he's also grounded with the example from his Dad and brother. If there was ever a kid capable of thriving being a high draft pick, it would be him.

I'm looking forward to 2022.

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah, the desire to be a high draft pick.. I dont know what to make of it. I mean, he is upset that GWS did not speak to him, but why would they when Collingwood will match the bid anyway, so in a way it would be wasting their time.. from a team-first perspective he should be hoping he gets bid on as late as possible..

Mike Olotripo

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

I was listening to this in the car on the way home. Nick seems to be pretty driven. Hopefully he falls a bit lower than he wants and we manage to pick him up with him being determined to prove clubs like North and GWS wrong.

I also really liked the fact Nick wants to win premierships. That's what he wants out of the game, to win flags at Collingwood. Good on him for being ambitious.

IMG_0422.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back