Not open for further replies.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Where was the pre-game for the Victory game shown?

I wonder if updates between to the two games will be given during the coverage.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Seen a lot of complaints about Paramount's stream of the Western Hobos v Vuck game so far.
Yeah it's rubbish. Video didn't start until about 5 minutes into the game and the qulaity is legit 720p at absolute tops.

Geelong locals really taken to this powerhouse of a travelling salesman club. More Victory fans there.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
How big a crowd you think?
How is the game otherwise?
Maybe 4 thousand? Hard to tell.

Pretty non eventful aside from the ref not giving a foul (let alone potential red card imo) for a last defender challenger when Victory was through on goal.

Yeah it's rubbish. Video didn't start until about 5 minutes into the game and the qulaity is legit 720p at absolute tops.

Geelong locals really taken to this powerhouse of a travelling salesman club. More Victory fans there.
Not as many people in Geelong as a month ago. Since lockdown ended lots have taken the time to get away on a holiday.
Not to mention this game is on Saturday evening after lots of casual fans would have been doing DIY (bunnings etc) or playing cricket.

But yeah little interest in a side that will never be our own.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not as many people in Geelong as a month ago. Since lockdown ended lots have taken the time to get away on a holiday.
Not to mention this game is on Saturday evening after lots of casual fans would have been doing DIY (bunnings etc) or playing cricket.

But yeah little interest in a side that will never be our own.
People doing DIY on a Saturday night? That's a new excuse for a low crowd I've never heard of before.

People doing DIY on a Saturday night? That's a new excuse for a low crowd I've never heard of before.
clearly said 'after'.
But more pointing out yet again that as a populace we don't seemingly give a s**t about getting the odd token game for a Melbourne club.

Same applies to the BBL. Get the odd token game (also usually on a Saturday) and not many turn up.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
clearly said 'after'.
But more pointing out yet again that as a populace we don't seemingly give a sh*t about getting the odd token game for a Melbourne club.

Same applies to the BBL. Get the odd token game (also usually on a Saturday) and not many turn up.
The best thing for all would be if they relocated to Geelong. Playing in all these different locations isn't going to get you any members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Good. It ruined far more than it helped since coming in
Should have been used three times in the Victory game so unsure as to what on earth is going on.

Line ball offside in last nights game is another I thought warranted a check.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I've got a theory that the run a pseudo VAR now and will be only used to overturn howlers not the line ball decisions - like the offside last night.

Saw it heaps during the Olympics where you get limited or no telling replays of controversial incidents.
It is being used. I don't think it has been used officially yet.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
WU got a bigger crowd in Geelong than the Champions City at home. 🤦‍♂️

Still bitter about last year's grand final ? Besides the weather was disgustingly poor last night. We as the new powerhouse/Real Madrid of Australian are not concerned about crowd numbers at our games, just winning silverware.

Very confident we will overtake Vic-Tree in the trophy cabinet over the next decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back