2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the initial hearing in regards to if they can appeal or not? And the whole hearing is based on their being "new significant evidence".

Is Max onboard footage really new significant evidence? They already know exactly what happened in regards to break and throttle application via telemarty and they could see he failed to make the corner via otehr camera angles.

No, you're right. I'm just exasperated it takes this long to even decide if they can appeal.

I'm also leaning towards a dismissal because it's not really new significant evidence. Provides an escape clause for the FIA.

No, you're right. I'm just exasperated it takes this long to even decide if they can appeal.
Personally I think the hold up is that the onboard footage doesn't really meet the criteria of new significant evidence so they don't want to allow the appeal on that basis, but now its out there and the incident has been replayed a million times, they are stuck between a rock and a hard place of "well it was probably a penalty but there isn't really any NEW significant evidence to launch the appeal"

New ICE and a measly 5 place grid penalty in 3….2….1…..

They were saying before they think he is using an older engine so they can flog the new one in the last 2 races.

azgysm959j081.jpg

Whatever you think of him or whether you think it's insincere or tokenistic, everyone surely agrees this is a cause worth highlighting when racing in Qatar (and the next two races).

That has been changed after FP1 so now it is on the purple and white curbs rather than the white line. Gives them a bit more width since there was so many problems with staying on track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perez didn’t make it though to Q3.

Barring a massive disaster for MERC, that’s got to be both championships over you reckon 😞

Perez didn’t make it though to Q3.

Barring a massive disaster for MERC, that’s got to be both championships over you reckon 😞

For the constructor's it's a blow, but not for the driver's. If Max gets himself to say, 2nd or 3rd in Q3, and stays there, the title battle will remain wide open.

I want the championship to be decided on the track, not off it.

Getting sick of the constant back and forth (and coverage of said back and forth) between Christian Horner and Toto Wolff.
I can't wait for Christian and Toto to get to Yas Marina and start angrily making love in the middle of the pit straight

It's what everyone wants to see

lol barring a disaster, seasons over.

Was good while it lasted. Pity we have 3 s**t tracks to finish it off with

Remove this Banner Ad

Back