Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishful thinking. Vic has no opposition and Andrews win easily. Libs would need a miracle.
Probably, in fact most likely. But we are 12 months away from the election. A lot can happen.

Today we learn that $3bn in the state’s budget deficit cannot be linked directly to the pandemic, prompting a warning from the Victorian Auditor-General’s Office. Some will say “$3B, big deal”.

Victoria has more debt than any state, and more debt than any state has ever had. Debt is fine when the going is good. Victoria’s net debt is expected to exceed $150B in 2023/2024. Interest rates are on the way up. S&P has described Victoria’s fiscal position as “very weak”. So what? Any more credit rating falls will make the cost of incurring debt higher.

We are already one of if not the highest taxed state in Australia. Get used to it. Taxes will rise. There is no alternative.

So many capital infrastructure projects are underfunded and/or costs have blown out exponentially - tram interchange; Metro Tunnel; and the Westgate Tunnel, to name three. The blow out in the Westgate Tunnel project cost is criminal. No due diligence was done by the government.

Something will have to give. On the one hand, Labor has created this looming problem so it can fix it. But on the other hand we saw what happened under Cain and Kirner; Victoria became an absolute basket case.

From memory that was always super close.

Swings have happened. Vic Libs need a massive swing. Can't see it.
Like I said, the only poll that counts is on voting day.... time will tell.
I think Dan Fanatics are in for the shock of their lives.

Community is still exempt from the rule.

27 Physical recreation premises

Exception for community sport

(2) The obligations in Part 2 do not apply in relation to any indoor space or outdoor space in a physical recreation premises if that space is being operated only for the purpose of conducting a community sport activity.

Right ok - just saw some tweets saying kids sports teams having to forfeit games on weekend as not enough vaxxed?

Don't have kids myself so no idea personally

All polling is done that way. They get it right lot more often than not.

And there's few polls conducted and they all point to the same conclusion.
On the other hand, there's been plenty of polling upsets where the "left wing" candidate was expected to win, here with Scomo and abroad with Trump and Bojo + Brexit. Dan may well win, but I think polling (particularly online) is an indicator only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The overwhelming narrative from the protests is basically a whole heap of nuffies not wanting to be told what to do - "my choice - freedom - coercion is not consent"

There is a myriad of things in life that most would rather not do, but they do anyway because of the consequences of they don't - first thing that comes to mind is having a job - Most people hate their job, and would quit if they could, but the consequence is not enough money to survive, or end up on the dole with stuff all money and constantly being considered a social pariah -

Sounds familiar, but I have not seen upwards of 100k knobs choke up cities because the incentive to gain employment is "coercion not consent"

And I did. But there’s a world out there of people who for whatever reason, be it fear, be it uncategorised medical issues, be it they’re Jehovah’s Witnesses or whatever, that don’t want to be vaccinated.
People like you, and Dan, who are happy to exclude them from society disgust me. You preach tolerance. You practice fascism.

Lets not forget in Dans world, if you’re brother got vaccinated then a week later died due to the vaccine, you still have to get vaccinated or be excluded from society.

That’s ****ed!!!

Lets not forget in Dans world, if you’re brother got vaccinated then a week later died due to the vaccine, you still have to get vaccinated or be excluded from society.

That’s f’ed!!!

Let's not forget in the real world, if you're (sic) brother started a dangerous job then a week later died after scaffolding collapsed at his worksite, you still have to get a job or be effectively excluded from the expendable economy - otherwise known as society

Let's not forget in the real world, if you're (sic) brother started a dangerous job then a week later died after scaffolding collapsed at his worksite, you still have to get a job or be effectively excluded from the expendable economy - otherwise known as society

Yet you wouldn’t go work for the same company he died working for…

But that’s the most ridiculous comparison in this thread so well done, a new low for the DAK.

Yet you wouldn’t go work for the same company he died working for…

But that’s the most ridiculous comparison in this thread so well done, a new low for the DAK.

Your brother took Astra? You got Pfizer and Moderna to choose from

Yeah my argument might sound ridiculous but it's only because we've absolutely normalised gaining employment and the consequences of not having one

Edit: what is DAK?

And it's no surprise you would prefer the alternative.

Good to see you've decided to melt in multiple threads.
I just came in here to have a look, and - surprise, surprise - up popped the well known Trump supporter expressing his preference for right-wing protests.

I repeat. There's a surprise.

Yeah, you'd be there waving your MAGA + Q flags.

Why would I be wearing either of those at an Melbourne rally?

They do caus less damage than bricks and molotov cocktails
I just came in here to have a look, and - surprise, surprise - up popped the well known Trump supporter expressing his preference for right-wing protests.

I repeat. There's a surprise.

But Trump. You are so limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back