The Official "What ever happened to that poster?" Thread :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he is as we chat a bit and of course sometimes the dudes that wear their hearts on their sleeves are the most vunerable. There is always two sides to every story. It's actually ******* sad BF nuked him.

I miss Choppy and as much as snake pissed me off, sheesh we hand out harsher penalties that any courts in the land. Both posters should be allowed back on here. If you don't like 'em ignore 'em.And when someone is struggling maybe a better approach would have been to reach out , not put on the collective righteous hat and besmirch a dude. Hey but what the fu** would I kinow. Oh not directed at you Nate and yes next weekend let's hit the town. I'm thinking StKilda? lol

Both enjoyed posting and did offer the wider audience a point of difference. Anywho I'll take up the fight to free the Big Footy two in other ways.

All I’ll say is not everything is superficial. Both posters had many many chances afforded them over the years. Snake was a big personality across the entire website and with a points penalty system (that resets yearly) it’s more a death by a thousand cuts. He’s played it right though, not trying to sneak back in as a new user and no real major incident in their posting history is always looked upon with some favour by BF admin, should he ever even want to post here again (he seems to be quite happy and vocal on Twitter).

Choppy on the other hand had a new user name for each time he was given one last chance. He knows that more than anybody. Eventually the patience and chances run out.

Of course, everybody that eventually gets infracted out of this place is hard done by, that’s part of the game.

Yeah he is as we chat a bit and of course sometimes the dudes that wear their hearts on their sleeves are the most vunerable. There is always two sides to every story. It's actually ******* sad BF nuked him.

I miss Choppy and as much as snake pissed me off, sheesh we hand out harsher penalties that any courts in the land. Both posters should be allowed back on here. If you don't like 'em ignore 'em.And when someone is struggling maybe a better approach would have been to reach out , not put on the collective righteous hat and besmirch a dude. Hey but what the fu** would I kinow. Oh not directed at you Nate and yes next weekend let's hit the town. I'm thinking StKilda? lol

Both enjoyed posting and did offer the wider audience a point of difference. Anywho I'll take up the fight to free the Big Footy two in other ways.
No.
Could you imagine how toxic this place would have got with Dani Laidley at the club and Snake on here?
He wasn’t civil and respectful. Place is better for it.

No.
Could you imagine how toxic this place would have got with Dani Laidley at the club and Snake on here?
I wasn’t even surprised he called her ‘it’ the bar is that low.

No.

Yes and you can also choose to ignore any comments you find offensive. Again not everyone has their house in order all the time and a place like this can be good for them. I am not a fan of Snake if I'm being honest, I just learnt to ignore him during his outragious moments.

He did bring some knowledge, it wasn't all bad. And sometimes people like that can teach you a lesson. I'd worked hard on not getting fired up and Snake at times did test my resolve. Actually ended up good for me.

All I’ll say is not everything is superficial. Both posters had many many chances afforded them over the years. Snake was a big personality across the entire website and with a points penalty system (that resets yearly) it’s more a death by a thousand cuts. He’s played it right though, not trying to sneak back in as a new user and no real major incident in their posting history is always looked upon with some favour by BF admin, should he ever even want to post here again (he seems to be quite happy and vocal on Twitter).

Choppy on the other hand had a new user name for each time he was given one last chance. He knows that more than anybody. Eventually the patience and chances run out.

Of course, everybody that eventually gets infracted out of this place is hard done by, that’s part of the game.
I am not suggesting Choppy didn't have his moments and heck sometimes I'd face palm. But at days end I miss the dude and he isn't a bad guy.

Is a passionate North fella and has done it tough personally. Anyways thanks for the reply it wasn't expected and I appreciate you taking time out.

I'll be intouch :)

Back like an addict who's relapsed.

But in all seriouslyness, I am. The 18 months or two years or whatever it was that I took off from here was refreshing and actually helped me enjoy watching North again. I was genuinely getting to that stage where the performance/result of my sports team was affecting my mood and enjoyment for the rest of the weekend so getting away from here and other forums where I would talk Spurs as well let me take a step back from that so I wasn't consumed by it and talking sport all the time.
As a fellow north and spurs man I completely understand. There's definitely been a noticeable difference in my ability to enjoy my life since I've reduced the amount of time that I spend focusing on the two. It also helps that spurs often play Monday mornings so I can't watch them as much as I used to before I started working fulltime. Love the two but it isn't worth having a miserable time of it week-in week-out.

As a fellow north and spurs man I completely understand. There's definitely been a noticeable difference in my ability to enjoy my life since I've reduced the amount of time that I spend focusing on the two. It also helps that spurs often play Monday mornings so I can't watch them as much as I used to before I started working fulltime. Love the two but it isn't worth having a miserable time of it week-in week-out.
Yep, pretty much in the exact situation as you. Re North, there's still obviously a massive emotional investment but it's not as all-consuming as it once was. I came to an epiphany where I realised it was just stupid to let something I have no control over affect my emotions for days on end. And good timing too. I mean, i cant imagine what 2020 would have been like for me if i hadn't have taken that step back. In fact, in the end I was probably as optimistic at the end of 2020 as I ever had been and that's what made me want to come back here. The mass cull actually gave me a lot of hope.

And re Spurs, well yeah, nothing will ever be like those few years under Pochettino tbh. It's been a shitshow since the Champions League final and I'm glad that work has stopped me from being able to stay up to ridiculous hours every weekend to watch it.

Yep, pretty much in the exact situation as you. Re North, there's still obviously a massive emotional investment but it's not as all-consuming as it once was. I came to an epiphany where I realised it was just stupid to let something I have no control over affect my emotions for days on end. And good timing too. I mean, i cant imagine what 2020 would have been like for me if i hadn't have taken that step back. In fact, in the end I was probably as optimistic at the end of 2020 as I ever had been and that's what made me want to come back here. The mass cull actually gave me a lot of hope.

And re Spurs, well yeah, nothing will ever be like those few years under Pochettino tbh. It's been a shitshow since the Champions League final and I'm glad that work has stopped me from being able to stay up to ridiculous hours every weekend to watch it.

I don’t buy into the deep rivalry between the two so I consider the North-Arsenal fan and the North-Spurs fan to be equally brothers in arms.

I don’t buy into the deep rivalry between the two so I consider the North-Arsenal fan and the North-Spurs fan to be equally brothers in arms.
I remember looking into my beer when Woodson told me he followed Sheffield United .....

I remember looking into my beer when Woodson told me he followed Sheffield United .....

I was there. We were lucky a paramedic was on hand.

Back like an addict who's relapsed.

But in all seriouslyness, I am. The 18 months or two years or whatever it was that I took off from here was refreshing and actually helped me enjoy watching North again. I was genuinely getting to that stage where the performance/result of my sports team was affecting my mood and enjoyment for the rest of the weekend so getting away from here and other forums where I would talk Spurs as well let me take a step back from that so I wasn't consumed by it and talking sport all the time.
x2
Thought Ross Payne and I were the only ones.
Every painful moment will make the success even sweeter. I’m sure that’s just around the corner with Nobes and Conte in charge.

On another note, I miss BTron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

x2
Thought Ross Payne and I were the only ones.
Every painful moment will make the success even sweeter. I’m sure that’s just around the corner with Nobes and Conte in charge.

On another note, I miss BTron

BTron was the best poster on here throughout the Scott years IMO. Was around as GarnerSmash but don’t think he’s still here sadly.

As for an Internet forum being good for people who are seriously disturbed/irredeemable bigots I’m not so sure…surely better to put the time into therapy/going outside/taking to people in your life in the real world I reckon. Some units are just so cooked that they infect everywhere they go with it and poison the place for everyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back