Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

At first I was all “gee not a class act by Brayshaw” and then got all confused so I stopped to think…

I look forward to a future Port CEO spitting in the eye of a lender who’s just foregone $1.5m of our debt after we used their interest free facility for 10 years, especially if it was a facility cobbled together as a backhanded return of some costs they were gouging us for anyway.

THAT would be some sort of “equalisation” rather than this… “AFL standard” everywhere, of ugly rent seeking vying with just as ugly cronyism for who can screw who hardest.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep there is more to this story than immediately smacks you in the eye.

A lot of excitement in the West Lakes Corral. Tex is returning early to training. What leadership.

Letting him mix with all the 1-2 year players? He'll corrupt their young minds, even though he ain't no philosopher.

What is with the all the fit and healthy footballers getting cancer the last few years? Just off the top of my head there's been Robbie, Jesse Hogan, Jarryd Roughead, Sam Docherty twice, and Ben Cunnington twice.

What is with the all the fit and healthy footballers getting cancer the last few years? Just off the top of my head there's been Robbie, Jesse Hogan, Jarryd Roughead, Sam Docherty twice, and Ben Cunnington twice.
Stewy Cochrane was still really fit aswell☹️

PEDs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuey is struggling. He's positive but the prognosis isn't great.
Bloody hell that's what I was afraid of ☹️.
Stewy and I both had the same type of leukaemia ALL Russ had AML both are acute types of leukaemia and obviously deadly.
I survived by the skin of my teeth but have been left with life long side effects and ofcoarse the fear of a relapse.
On a selfish note that about Stewy really scares the s**t out of me as my mother's best friends daughter unbelievable also suffered with ALL which is quite rare.
We went through bone marrow transplants about the same time an unfortunately she passed 6 mths later at 26yrs old.
Boaky use to visit her all the time she had it 5 yrs before I did but had the transplant at the same time .
Sorry for going on but this really does shake me to my core☹️

It does some like an anomaly without knowing if it is representative of society as whole, to my knowledge the average young male isn't finding testicular cancer more commonly than before.

It does some like an anomaly without knowing if it is representative of society as whole, to my knowledge the average young male isn't finding testicular cancer more commonly than before.

A quick google came up with this quote from the US Cancer Society.

'The incidence rate of testicular cancer has been increasing in the US and many other countries for several decades. The increase is mostly in seminomas. Experts have not been able to find reasons for this. Lately, the rate of increase has slowed.'"

I'm sure there are local research sources that will be able to shed light on this and suggestions as to why. Perhaps it has something to do with increased awareness amongst young males and hence detection and reporting rates?

I'm sure there are local research sources that will be able to shed light on this and suggestions as to why. Perhaps it has something to do with increased awareness amongst young males and hence detection and reporting rates?

I considered this.

I'd be surprised if the clubs don't run a sort of program too about it and players have to do mandatory checks.

3 years removed from working in the cancer field.

Rate of getting cancer is up.

However detection of cancer and treatment is slightly getting better each year (and thus death rates are getting slightly lower as well). People are even living longer with terminal cancers than 10+ years ago.

My professor turns off every WiFi and 4G before going to bed and I don't blame him.

Psychological stress can contribute to cancer. It's scientifically proven that the immune system weakens when the mind is put under heavy stress it can awaken dormant cancer cells, so it's not a huge stress to suggest that it can also be a factor in cancer appearing in the first place.

1637461194316.png

Elite sport would have some of the highest stress levels in the world. The pressure to maintain your fitness and perform to the expectations of the fans, without having the outlet of a beer or two after the match, would be off the charts. Then of course you have the scourge of social media and people who actively abuse you after a poor performance, which would add to it.

I'd say some poor schmo trying to keep a roof over the heads of a family of four on the breadline is more stressed than cashed up sports people.

Please, these are mostly private school boys from well to do families, probably the most stressed they'll ever be. The poor schmo trying to keep a roof over a family's head is probably better equipped to deal with the struggles.

Please, these are mostly private school boys from well to do families, probably the most stressed they'll ever be. The poor schmo trying to keep a roof over a family's head is probably better equipped to deal with the struggles.
The ones that don't commit suicide perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back