EAB5F585-BEA0-4403-9E14-C866AC94C4B1.png
    849.9 KB · Views: 60

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is why not many enjoy cricket anymore, especially Aussie cricket, and 20:20.
Politics and money. Wearing the baggy green was always the honour.
Footy is going the same way. Political correctness, social media.
It used to be about the enjoyment of the contest.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sounds like we are somehow supposed to believe Langer was unaware of this despite CA knowing.
Isn’t he involved with West Coast? By their levels of scandal and cover-up this is almost a non-story so maybe he legitimately thought it was no big deal?

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sounds like we are somehow supposed to believe Langer was unaware of this despite CA knowing.

They haven't said that - I would be surprised if he didn't know.

Having said I have seen instances of a HR investigation into am employee and management at different levels not know. Having said that, I would be surprised if Langer didn't know.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
We all know it won't happen but Richardson has put himself ahead of Starc for the first test.

Would be a deserved and on form pick. 99% won't happen though. Unfortunately it is a lot easier to continue with the existing formula. Until you lose that is..

What are peoples tips for the series?

I desperately don't want it to happen but if Root and Stokes get a hold of us with Lyon looking less effective than he was and Starc on the decline I have England with the series win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
Unfortunately it is a lot easier to continue with the existing formula. Until you lose that is..
Australia did lose though, to India last summer. Starc had a horrible series, 11 wickets @ 41. Lyon was worse, 9 @ 55. Yet they're rarely under pressure to hold their spots.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Australia did lose though, to India last summer. Starc had a horrible series, 11 wickets @ 41. Lyon was worse, 9 @ 55. Yet they're rarely under pressure to hold their spots.

Yes - sorry I should have been clear. I think the T20 could wrongly act as a pressure reliever for the Test team. And if they view it as they are on a winning formula then it will be hard to change. We need to start trialling another option to Lyon and Starc asap. I personally think we must have a better keeper option given Paines age.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Would be a deserved and on form pick. 99% won't happen though. Unfortunately it is a lot easier to continue with the existing formula. Until you lose that is..

What are peoples tips for the series?

I desperately don't want it to happen but if Root and Stokes get a hold of us with Lyon looking less effective than he was and Starc on the decline I have England with the series win.

5-0 Australia.

Stokes the only danger to us losing a test.

Hope this doesn’t come back to bight me but until Stokes was included in the squad, it was the worst England squad selected for an Ashes since 2002/03.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
5-0 Australia.

Stokes the only danger to us losing a test.

Hope this doesn’t come back to bight me but until Stokes was included in the squad, it was the worst England squad selected for an Ashes since 2002/03.

I don't have the same confidence. But that would be a fun summer!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back