Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

So you don't think that racial profiling is a thing?
I didn't mention racial profiling. There is definitely a disproportionate representation in crime statistics, particularly in things like young men murdering each other in places where political control of the area has been dominated by one side who claim to represent them - but only one group there has benefited in that deal and it's the politicians. They got what they wanted and then push the discussion elsewhere when they are finished with them.

I'll point your attention to the times that BLM turns up and gets national attention. The only thing more predictable than it showing up is that it falls off the political radar as soon as the voting has been counted.

They use people. They've been in charge of programs and thrown billions of dollars at what they've decided is the problem and social results are dropping - but as long as they keep voting democrat then it's doing it's job.

There is a wealthy elite in the US and then there is everyone else.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
That's exactly what does, and is happening. Do you honestly believe that no one other those with white skin get aquitted of killing someone under the self defence law? I can't believe the stupidity of those trying to make this about race or skin colour. It reeks of trouble making. We should get on as humans despite skin colour and these trouble makers aren't helping.
Yes.
Im not going to spend my life provinyou wrong, suffice to say there are 1000's of almost identical cases where a white person has received far lesser or no penalty for a crime when a black person has has been given a lengthy jail term.
Heres a white kid who got 8 years probation for raping 4 teenagers.

Here's a black kid that spent 3 years in jail for stealing a backpack (that he said he never stole)

If you can find a case where someone black was aquitted using the self defence I'd appreciate it.

JBMAN

Team Captain
Aug 8, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bridget McKenzie (Sports)
Alan Tudge (Car Parks)
Josh Frydenburg (JobKeeper)

Now go do some reading..

Don't get the Frydenburg one. The other two at worst are Pork Barrelling, remembering the Rudd/Gillard govt spent 500million contrary to its own guidelines in marginal seats. Both parties have indulged in that for ever and will continue to do so until they find a way to stop it. When you are talking about rorts I was more thinking of people who have been convicted, like Craig Thompson (stole from Health Service Union or Andrew Theopanous (goaled for bribery)

Sep 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Don't get the Frydenburg one. The other two at worst are Pork Barrelling, remembering the Rudd/Gillard govt spent 500million contrary to its own guidelines in marginal seats. Both parties have indulged in that for ever and will continue to do so until they find a way to stop it. When you are talking about rorts I was more thinking of people who have been convicted, like Craig Thompson (stole from Health Service Union or Andrew Theopanous (goaled for bribery)

But the liberals have taken it to a new level. Need the integrity commission, which was promised at the last election and the libs want to implement after next election as a toothless tiger.

JBMAN

Team Captain
Aug 8, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
But the liberals have taken it to a new level. Need the integrity commission, which was promised at the last election and the libs want to implement after next election as a toothless tiger.
I think they are aiming for early next year for that. Anyway it's just been announced Pauline Hanson and one other One Nation senator and two Liberal senators will cause a DD and Governor general will dissolve parliment asap over the Mandatory Vax's. Each Way will go which way?

I think they are aiming for early next year for that. Anyway it's just been announced Pauline Hanson and one other One Nation senator and two Liberal senators will cause a DD and Governor general will dissolve parliment asap over the Mandatory Vax's. Each Way will go which way?
I think the Governor General dissolves the parliament on the advice of the Prime Minister with an attempt to pass legislation not completed twice.

So if Morrison is going to do that it's because he thinks there is a political advantage to press. It's a near nuclear option that a sitting government will use when they think they have a bigger majority waiting for them.

I really hope we don't end up with one party controlling passage through both houses of government. That is not good for democracy.

JBMAN

Team Captain
Aug 8, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think the Governor General dissolves the parliament on the advice of the Prime Minister with an attempt to pass legislation not completed twice.

So if Morrison is going to do that it's because he thinks there is a political advantage to press. It's a near nuclear option that a sitting government will use when they think they have a bigger majority waiting for them.

I really hope we don't end up with one party controlling passage through both houses of government. That is not good for democracy.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
That's exactly what does, and is happening. Do you honestly believe that no one other those with white skin get aquitted of killing someone under the self defence law? I can't believe the stupidity of those trying to make this about race or skin colour. It reeks of trouble making. We should get on as humans despite skin colour and these trouble makers aren't helping.
Here's another good one.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas

Sure Pauline Hanson's got the numbers. A coalition of 4 people in a chamber of 76. Just another example of how stupid this society has become.

20 plus years of multi channel reality television and you end up with lot of d*ckheads with a webcam wanting the rest of the world to witness their ignorance.

Last edited:

oldgoat

All Australian
May 22, 2017
fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
I didn't mention racial profiling. There is definitely a disproportionate representation in crime statistics, particularly in things like young men murdering each other in places where political control of the area has been dominated by one side who claim to represent them - but only one group there has benefited in that deal and it's the politicians. They got what they wanted and then push the discussion elsewhere when they are finished with them.

I'll point your attention to the times that BLM turns up and gets national attention. The only thing more predictable than it showing up is that it falls off the political radar as soon as the voting has been counted.

They use people. They've been in charge of programs and thrown billions of dollars at what they've decided is the problem and social results are dropping - but as long as they keep voting democrat then it's doing it's job.

There is a wealthy elite in the US and then there is everyone else.

Just so...

"In the US, there is basically one party - the business party. It has two factions, called Democrats and Republicans, which are somewhat different but carry out variations on the same policies. By and large, I am opposed to those policies. As is most of the population."

Noam Chomsky

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wow! Just wandered onto the Eagles board to have a laugh at their draft melts. Noticed they have a COVID thread and took a look. WTF??? I think there are a fair few of their supporters from the shallow end of the gene pool. :oops:

Wow! Just wandered onto the Eagles board to have a laugh at their draft melts. Noticed they have a COVID thread and took a look. WTF??? I think there are a fair few of their supporters from the shallow end of the gene pool. :oops:
I think it’s probably more a reflection of the demographic of each club. Our supporters are (generally) younger and very left-leaning. WC demographic is far older which increases the number of righties

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you can find a case where someone black was aquitted using the self defence I'd appreciate it.

This is an easy one... On the same day, and he killed a cop. Unfortunately you have to search past the first or second page of google to find anything other than the large left outlets who want to stoke the race narrative.

There are many more but you won't find them if you rely on left news sources. Today they are claiming a 'car drove through a parade' and not that a black person killed 6 people and injured 40.

If you don't think that the news is heavily biased towards a political ideology then you won't have a full understanding of what is happening. And that is that both the left and right in the USA have not done enough on this issue. The worst place to be a POC in the US now, are cities that have been run long term by democrats. The crime statistics year on year are out of control. The majority or Black people are killed by black people, and not a small majority, I think it is in the 90% range. The majority of white people are killed by white people (again I think it is above 90%).

I quite like breaking points: https://www.youtube.com/c/breakingpoints

They have a centre left and centre right host who cover news, don't bicker and make good arguments. They will each then add to or respond to the others monologue. And they either disagree or can agree on some points. Refreshing. I don't agree with a lot of what they say, and find it sometimes frustrating, but I think that is healthy in that it challenges my cognitive bias.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Here is how a good discussion on the Vaccine should take place (not the view portion but the part after that portion):

btw: I know a handful of doctors who have refused to get the vaccine. 2 of the 3 are rusted on ALP voters (that shouldn't be needed to be pointed out) and one is non committed either way. Do you think they are from the shallow end of the gene pool as well?

And before you come at me, yes I have had both jabs.

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
Here is how a good discussion on the Vaccine should take place (not the view portion but the part after that portion):

btw: I know a handful of doctors who have refused to get the vaccine. 2 of the 3 are rusted on ALP voters (that shouldn't be needed to be pointed out) and one is non committed either way. Do you think they are from the shallow end of the gene pool as well?

And before you come at me, yes I have had both jabs.

I'm not going to debate you on this. I'm also not going to debate you on mandatory wearing of seat belts, mandatory wearing of bike helmets or even the need to stop at a red light when there is no traffic. I'm not going to debate you about drug and alcohol testing for mine workers. I am not going to debate you about the requirement for people working with kids to get a Working With Children clearance.

I live in one of the greatest countries in the world and one of the conditions of doing so is I have to obey some laws I don't agree with. Go figure.

Personally I could not less care if other people are COVID vaccinated or not, I will act on the best available medical advice on the subject and clearly that does not come from an American talk show.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm not going to debate you on this. I'm also not going to debate you on mandatory wearing of seat belts, mandatory wearing of bike helmets or even the need to stop at a red light when there is no traffic. I'm not going to debate you about drug and alcohol testing for mine workers. I am not going to debate you about the requirement for people working with kids to get a Working With Children clearance.

I live in one of the greatest countries in the world and one of the conditions of doing so is I have to obey some laws I don't agree with. Go figure.

Personally I could not less care if other people are COVID vaccinated or not, I will act on the best available medical advice on the subject and clearly that does not come from an American talk show.

I agree that it doesn't come from the view. I am not asking to debate those things.

If you watch the clip you will see a discussion without the petty insults. That was my point.

I mentioned that I had the jab and that perhaps not everyone who disagreed was stupid.

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
I agree that it doesn't come from the view. I am not asking to debate those things.

If you watch the clip you will see a discussion without the petty insults. That was my point.

I mentioned that I had the jab and that perhaps not everyone who disagreed was stupid.
I agree not everyone who disagrees is stupid - what I said was: "I think there are a fair few of their supporters from the shallow end of the gene pool."

This does not in any way insinuate that everyone who disagrees is stupid, but there are some ******* stupid opinions on that thread.

I stand by that, and I reserve my right to call Eagles supporters stupid whenever the chance arises ;)

EDIT: For clarity, if you look back on my posting history I have purposely avoided the debate on COVID and have not resorted to petty insults - an insult to an Eagles supporter is never petty.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I agree not everyone who disagrees is stupid - what I said was: "I think there are a fair few of their supporters from the shallow end of the gene pool."

This does not in any way insinuate that everyone who disagrees is stupid, but there are some ******* stupid opinions on that thread.

I stand by that, and I reserve my right to call Eagles supporters stupid whenever the chance arises ;)

EDIT: For clarity, if you look back on my posting history I have purposely avoided the debate on COVID and have not resorted to petty insults - an insult to an Eagles supporter is never petty.

hahaaha more than fair enough!

Back