TV Rights

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Not a good start by Paramount. Showed the starting lineup image for the first 5 mins of the Victory game last night. Cant go backwards, replay took ages to be uploaded. They are copping it on social media.

Hopefully it gets sorted quickly, bringing back memories of the Optus Sports shitshow when it first had the PL which they sorted out.

Not a good start by Paramount. Showed the starting lineup image for the first 5 mins of the Victory game last night. Cant go backwards, replay took ages to be uploaded. They are copping it on social media.

Hopefully it gets sorted quickly, bringing back memories of the Optus Sports shitshow when it first had the PL which they sorted out.

Was fine for every game I watched, but yeah sounds like the Victory game struggled.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Was it? There was a lot of complaining about the stream in the Reddit match thread.

It was ok for me, by the looks if not for everyone else lol.

MVFC game was stuck first on the paramount logo than the starting lineups after the game had started.

Commentators were discussing a replay not shown to the viewers lol.

Its gonna take them a few rounds to get up to speed by the look of it. Lack of pre/post game content needs immediate attention.

Most of the big games. being on 10 is good for them because I honestly believe their servers would s**t themselves under the load of a popular fixture.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
My main issue with paramount was the layout and finding the game, it was as if it was listed within an individual "TV show" rather then beinga separate screen.

What was your price for a third?

Like $30, but that was with the A-League membership discount so that's why I dunno what the normal monthly price is.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
For $8 a month right?

Do you mean can you watch on 3 screens with the $8 sub? I just tried and you can. I tested on different matches for all 3 screens (Adelaide/Perth, WSW/Sydney and WU/MV) and no problems with watching them.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
SBS on demand will showing extended highlights of the remaining stages starting mid-December. The will also be showing two matches a week for all 30 rounds of the 2022 Chinese Super League starting in March of next year.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
You’ve got to wonder about Galati and Mariani’s involvement as ‘investors’ and eventually taking over. May as well just started their own streaming service. I’d imagine UEFA will in future require a bit more diligence on proposed bidders…maybe not

Back