Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Carey
Inglis
Wade

Should be the order for the keeper preference

Philippe if he can keep improving will be hard to ignore in a few years time also
Only way Phillippe improves is if Inglis gets picked for Aus

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Even in this era of increasing moral panic, this seems like a particularly weak reason to force Paine's departure.

Stinks of manoeuvring by CA to move him on. At best, I can't imagine they're too worried the timetable for handover has been moved up.

Only way Phillippe improves is if Inglis gets picked for Aus

Can always play as a batsman only.

With Marsh, Stoinis, Green, Turner, Short and co likely to miss at times due to internationals spots should be available

Jul 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, West Perth
Sure but he is already batting number 5 . He must be a better bat then those two. Just stick the gloves on him and add another batter better than carey or Inglis in at number 5 and wade slides in after green at 7 .
Inglis and Carey are a whole order of magnitude better with the gloves than Wade, and both are more than decent batsmen.

Carey, Inglis, Peirson, and maybe Philippe are all better keepers than Wade. Either he plays as a pure bat, or he doesn't play without several injuries.

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Inglis and Carey are a whole order of magnitude better with the gloves than Wade, and both are more than decent batsmen.

Carey, Inglis, Peirson, and maybe Philippe are all better keepers than Wade. Either he plays as a pure bat, or he doesn't play without several injuries.
I agree wades glove work is lacking but Paine also dropped some crucial not so hard catches last summer vs India. Wade is a far better bat than all of the other keepers .

Look at England butler isn't there best keeper but by far their best batsmen out of their keepers

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I agree wades glove work is lacking but Paine also dropped some crucial not so hard catches last summer vs India. Wade is a far better bat than all of the other keepers .

Look at England butler isn't there best keeper but by far their best batsmen out of their keepers
Have you forgotten how poor wade was between 2012-16. Buttler and Baistow better keepers. At 7 you don't need to be too special with the bat

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Have you forgotten how poor wade was between 2012-16. Buttler and Baistow better keepers. At 7 you don't need to be too special with the bat
Sure but after he was dropped from the Aussie team wade turned into one of the country's best Sheffield shield batsman .

TBH I really don't like wade personally but I would rather win the ashes . With our batting collapses of late I would rather our best batsmen out of our keepers .

Wade has been good with the bat since his return

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Sure but after he was dropped from the Aussie team wade turned into one of the country's best Sheffield shield batsman .

TBH I really don't like wade personally but I would rather win the ashes . With our batting collapses of late I would rather our best batsmen out of our keepers .

Wade has been good with the bat since his return
Wade hasn't kept at FC level for years and routinely makes errors even at t20 level. His poor keeping can easily lose you the Ashes when England have a few elite guys that can make you pay for basic errors. I honestly don't really care for keeping in ODI's and T20's but it's non negotiable in test cricket where things like dropped catches/missed stumpings can change momentum so easily. Wade even as a handy bat does bring the point of difference that a Pant or even Buttler brings to their teams.

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Wade hasn't kept at FC level for years and routinely makes errors even at t20 level. His poor keeping can easily lose you the Ashes when England have a few elite guys that can make you pay for basic errors. I honestly don't really care for keeping in ODI's and T20's but it's non negotiable in test cricket where things like dropped catches/missed stumpings can change momentum so easily. Wade even as a handy bat does bring the point of difference that a Pant or even Buttler brings to their teams.
I would have to agree but wade is a better keeper than pant .

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I would have to agree but wade is a better keeper than pant .
I meant Wade hasn't shown with the bat he can be that point of difference Pant and Buttler bring. WA bias aside I think Inglis definitely could be a very attacking keeper batsmen at the next level with his 360 play. However, you have to back him in now and give him a couple series to get in. At 26 he has a decade and more of cricket left in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back