Player Watch #1: Hugh Greenwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Well this makes a lot of sense now. Cunners' health is obviously priority #1, however from an on-field perspective, we are very lucky that the club was able to bring in coverage of Greenwoods caliber.

Anyone questioning this move now has rocks in their f*kn head.

Humble pie being scoffed down left snd right!!

Nah, they will skulk in the shadows and admit nothing.

I’m sad for Cunners. So yes.

Shows what a bloke you are, worrying about me and not our best midfielder of the last 25 years in his time of need.

I said if he retires (and I made that perfectly clear), the Greenwood acquisition is a:

“Welcomed and genius move”

Now the fact that you can’t seperate your emotion from the actuality of my post, again says more about you than me.

The problem isn’t just this post but the sum of the ludicrous posts that are just simply stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ll cop my right whack for the post where I said I’d rather fold then relocate on the main board, I also know I’m not alone with that opinion despite how unpalatable the concept is for some. Again, just my opinion but it was a bit much for the flogger wavers, but that’s how I feel.

But my assessment of players are just an opinion, do you think perhaps you’re just a bit upset at being s**t for 2 years and you’re inability to understand a poster who has been posting the same nonsense for 17 years and winding up bogan numptys like you.

So you understand the difference between a supporter who has paid $1000 a year for 15 years despite not being in the country for years and years and every ******* time I come home and spend thousands to watch - I get let down, my average cost per win in the last 15 years is over $10,000 per WIN.

I don’t know you, I’ve never seen your name before so just because you and countless other compete and utter gooses can’t take a joke or accept reasonable and emotionless analysis of our players - perhaps you shouldn’t be on the football Forum of the worst performing team in the last 24 months.

Now, Just to reiterate I will say whatever the * I want about anyone and anything. I even sponsor the women’s team now thanks to another poster who thought I was harsh on a delisted player for the last 3 years (again underestimating the critical eye that I have on blokes who are not hard, fast and skilful).

Everyone always defends Will, oh he did not play or he hasn’t played in 2 years oh his injury from last season.

All excuses, he was ordinary this year for a player we were told was as good as Rowell and performed better than him and Anderson in Finals. I get there are reasons and I’m a fan, and notwithstanding the performance in Perth where he was exceptional, the fact remains, if another Team had reached for a kid and they had performed like Will in his debut season - the very same posters would be hanging s**t on that Club for reaching and making mistake.

Now with Cunnington’s issues, the drafting of Greenwood is important, this was outlined in both my posts as being the only reason to trade for Huge and that the deal will be welcomed should Cunnington retire. As for the rest of your considerate, sermon.

I’m not going to sit and say Will looks like a pick 3 gun, because he doesn’t.

I’m not going to say that Dumont was an elite runner and wingman, because he isn’t.

I’m not going to say Goldy is a warrior ruckman, despite being a club champion.

I’m not gutted at losing Tarrant because I feel he is overrated.

I do not rate Hall, I think Ziebell is lucky to be on an AFL list.

I thought Gibson was a cat.

I take Polec over Gaff everyday.

I take Zurhaar over JDG.
I wouldn’t swap Thomas for Walsh.

I don’t rate Brisbane’s model despite being on board with Nobles.

I forgot, Turner and Mahony are s**t small forwards.

These are just opinions, if you don’t want to read them, ignore me, Kevin.

feel like UG hasn't watched any of Will's matches this year.

Elite user, clever vision, quick, clean, can find the ball already.... What's not to like?

At the very least, consider the fact he had interrupted seasons due to COVID.

He will be a star in a very talented midfield.

lol at his opinion on Carlton too. We dismantled them by 7 goals? They are still a long way off especially when it comes to disposal by foot. Horrendous.

Delusional, bordering on deranged assessment of future prospects based on a single one-off game.

$1000 Carlton finishes top 6?

If you insist😜

You can ring my bell, Ligs, I assume there is no charge!?

Attachments

• CAF0358B-28EA-41C2-9EA1-7ED30E9537DA.jpeg
    CAF0358B-28EA-41C2-9EA1-7ED30E9537DA.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Well this makes a lot of sense now. Cunners' health is obviously priority #1, however from an on-field perspective, we are very lucky that the club was able to bring in coverage of Greenwoods caliber.

Anyone questioning this move now has rocks in their f*kn head.

It made sense before the news, given how much footy he has missed the last two years.

It made sense before the news, given how much footy he has missed the last two years.

Always makes sense to bring in quality people/players. It's not just about on field output, it's about training and culture too.

I'm not going to engage too with UG as he seems to be melting, but imagine how many times a negative poster like him would have tried to neck themselves following the Melbourne path over the past 15 years.
Gutting their experience killed their culture and it only started to repair with Roos.

Shows what a bloke you are, worrying about me and not our best midfielder of the last 25 years in his time of need.

I said if he retires (and I made that perfectly clear), the Greenwood acquisition is a:

Now the fact that you can’t seperate your emotion from the actuality of my post, again says more about you than me.

I’ll cop my right whack for the post where I said I’d rather fold then relocate on the main board, I also know I’m not alone with that opinion despite how unpalatable the concept is for some. Again, just my opinion but it was a bit much for the flogger wavers, but that’s how I feel.

But my assessment of players are just an opinion, do you think perhaps you’re just a bit upset at being sh*t for 2 years and you’re inability to understand a poster who has been posting the same nonsense for 17 years and winding up bogan numptys like you.

So you understand the difference between a supporter who has paid $1000 a year for 15 years despite not being in the country for years and years and every ******* time I come home and spend thousands to watch - I get let down, my average cost per win in the last 15 years is over $10,000 per WIN.

I don’t know you, I’ve never seen your name before so just because you and countless other compete and utter gooses can’t take a joke or accept reasonable and emotionless analysis of our players - perhaps you shouldn’t be on the football Forum of the worst performing team in the last 24 months.

Now, Just to reiterate I will say whatever the fu** I want about anyone and anything. I even sponsor the women’s team now thanks to another poster who thought I was harsh on a delisted player for the last 3 years (again underestimating the critical eye that I have on blokes who are not hard, fast and skilful).

Everyone always defends Will, oh he did not play or he hasn’t played in 2 years oh his injury from last season.

All excuses, he was ordinary this year for a player we were told was as good as Rowell and performed better than him and Anderson in Finals. I get there are reasons and I’m a fan, and notwithstanding the performance in Perth where he was exceptional, the fact remains, if another Team had reached for a kid and they had performed like Will in his debut season - the very same posters would be hanging sh*t on that Club for reaching and making mistake.

Now with Cunnington’s issues, the drafting of Greenwood is important, this was outlined in both my posts as being the only reason to trade for Huge and that the deal will be welcomed should Cunnington retire. As for the rest of your considerate, sermon.

I’m not going to say that Dumont was an elite runner and wingman, because he isn’t.

I take Zurhaar over JDG.

I forgot, Turner and Mahony are sh*t small forwards.

Delusional, bordering on deranged assessment of future prospects based on a single one-off game.

Give the obfuscation a rest Arj.

PS - nice knocker pic👍

Roos’ family ties
FORGET six degrees of separation when it comes to this week’s recruitment of Hugh Greenwood by North Melbourne coach David Noble.

Sixty years ago when Tasmania played in the 1961 Interstate Carnival in Brisbane, two of the players on its last line of defence were Noble’s father John and full-back Peter Marquis.

John Noble was named Tasmania’s player of the series while Marquis, who played in premierships with Melbourne in 1955-56-57, is the grandfather of Greenwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But my assessment of players are just an opinion, do you think perhaps you’re just a bit upset at being sh*t for 2 years and you’re inability to understand a poster who has been posting the same nonsense for 17 years and winding up bogan numptys like you.

Now, Just to reiterate I will say whatever the fu** I want about anyone and anything. I even sponsor the women’s team now thanks to another poster who thought I was harsh on a delisted player for the last 3 years (again underestimating the critical eye that I have on blokes who are not hard, fast and skilful).

All excuses, he was ordinary this year for a player we were told was as good as Rowell and performed better than him and Anderson in Finals. I get there are reasons and I’m a fan, and notwithstanding the performance in Perth where he was exceptional, the fact remains, if another Team had reached for a kid and they had performed like Will in his debut season - the very same posters would be hanging sh*t on that Club for reaching and making mistake.

I take Zurhaar over JDG.

Once again you miss the main point; including bringing up Ben’s situation in a lame attempt to paint me as uncaring and dismissive of his on-going illness.

So you double down and continue to take the low road.

#sad

Apart from the , if nothing else, far too early appraisal of Phillips
Kid is only 19 now and jeez what did LDU and TT do for a couple of years…Answer is nothing Now they look the business Big Time

Agree re Goldy, all the stats just don’t equate to game impact…..tho maybe the Mids haven’t been up to it until now
Still a bloody good footballer, not a champion Same as Cunners in my opinion, anA grader but not elite if we want to split hairs

moving on, thought Buckenara rating Gibcus so high was good thinking, a question of supply and demand Also no Goater Chesser in top 20
We really should get a walk up best 22 at Pick 20, we are Due a good pick in the 20s
My punt, Fahey

Apart from the , if nothing else, far too early appraisal of Phillips
Kid is only 19 now and jeez what did LDU and TT do for a couple of years…Answer is nothing Now they look the business Big Time

Agree re Goldy, all the stats just don’t equate to game impact…..tho maybe the Mids haven’t been up to it until now
Still a bloody good footballer, not a champion Same as Cunners in my opinion, anA grader but not elite if we want to split hairs

moving on, thought Buckenara rating Gibcus so high was good thinking, a question of supply and demand Also no Goater Chesser in top 20
We really should get a walk up best 22 at Pick 20, we are Due a good pick in the 20s
My punt, Fahey
Is Fahey not GWS Academy?

I take Zurhaar over JDG.

See that’s part of your problem right there.

No one ever, in the history of the world said that Phillips played better than Rowell in the oakleigh finals.

That’s all in your head.

We've been fairly slow and unaccountable in the midfield prob since Jacobs stopped playing.

The blokes we should have playing midfield next year at least in H1 are fairly quick and are generally all good tacklers. Getting a good preseason into Phillips Lazzaro and Powell should help them cover the ground better for longer aswell.

Should be interesting to watch. Hopefully it takes some pressure off our defenders and improves our rebounding game.

See that’s part of your problem right there.

No one ever, in the history of the world said that Phillips played better than Rowell in the oakleigh finals.

That’s all in your head.
Many have said that Will's performances could be considered more impressive since he was 17 but no, no one said he outplayed Rowell in those games.

Just means they can match……
They may not value him as high as I do, we could really do with an accurate long kick down back
They’ll use 2 and 13. Then 53, 54 and 70 to match any bid for Fahey. Ain’t letting him go unless someone does the unthinkable and bids for him between 2 and 13.

Many have said that Will's performances could be considered more impressive since he was 17 but no, no one said he outplayed Rowell in those games.
Matt Rendell might have but my memory is he said he was as good as Rowell and Anderson or comparably good. Not better.

But I'm sure we all took that and ran with it.

They’ll use 2 and 13. Then 53, 54 and 70 to match any bid for Fahey. Ain’t letting him go unless someone does the unthinkable and bids for him between 2 and 13.
But….
If they use 2 and 13 on other players….
Those other picks don’t match our Pick
That was my thinking

They’ll be less than 100 points in deficit once you take into account the discount and their picks coming in due to Pies and Bulldogs matching for Daicos/Darcy

I take Zurhaar over JDG.

*geese

Remove this Banner Ad

Back