Draft Expert PMBangers' 2021 Draft Board - Come for the R1 phantom (post #1591), stay for the Simpsons references

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why does it matter so much to you, if the ball goes where he wants it to and from the games of his I've watched that's certainly the case, how it's delivered means nought if it hits the mark.

Because the pressure goes up in AFL level, so much more. Which means less time to dispose of the ball. much less time. Which means that what he's getting away with at under18 level I don't see him getting away with at the next level.

It doesn't affect me at all as I'd be surprised the dees picked him up

I’ll chuck this in here as a general open space. Rookie Me Central are chatting with Nick Daicos, Sam Darcy and Campbell Chesser tomorrow.

If anyone has any questions for them, let me know. Darcy will be filmed in the morning, Daicos and Chesser mid-arvo.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Mar 12, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, LA Lakers, LSU Tigers
I’ll chuck this in here as a general open space. Rookie Me Central are chatting with Nick Daicos, Sam Darcy and Campbell Chesser tomorrow.

If anyone has any questions for them, let me know. Darcy will be filmed in the morning, Daicos and Chesser mid-arvo.

To either or all: What skill do they think will be the most challenging when transitioning to AFL level?

ROYAL EAGLE

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
We have 2 interception defenders in Andrews and Adams already on the list Van Rooyen is more that possession tall defender that we don’t have

That's a very funny comment Van Rooyen is definitely a interceptor when he plays half back.
Leaves his man all the time to go for marks I dont know who you have been watching

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
One for PM and any of the draft watchers lurking...who's going to be the surprise undrafted player this year? I'll go big and say Jack Williams and Matty Roberts. And the early surprise? Alastair Lord will be one of the first 5 picks on night two.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
One for PM and any of the draft watchers lurking...who's going to be the surprise undrafted player this year? I'll go big and say Jack Williams and Matty Roberts. And the early surprise? Alastair Lord will be one of the first 5 picks on night two.
I have to agree on Roberts and Williams, although Williams is probably less likely to miss out just on being a well performed KPP in the Academy. Josh Browne is another that may not be a surprise to those that have been watching him through the year, but to people that love their stat's they'd be shocked to see him miss.
Early surprise, Caminiti is one I have a sneaky feeling someone in the early 30s or late 20s may take a punt on, and Sheldrick I think will go 15-25, not a massive bolt though

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
I have to agree on Roberts and Williams, although Williams is probably less likely to miss out just on being a well performed KPP in the Academy. Josh Browne is another that may not be a surprise to those that have been watching him through the year, but to people that love their stat's they'd be shocked to see him miss.
Early surprise, Caminiti is one I have a sneaky feeling someone in the early 30s or late 20s may take a punt on, and Sheldrick I think will go 15-25, not a massive bolt though

thats a weird snipe at Josh Browne, i have watched him and i like him, i dont go off stats, so thats just weird bro.

Caminiti i know nothing about, so good luck to him

Williams is the Schache/Patton/Boyd of this draft in prior years he would go real high, i hear Freo are into him, but it would be interesting if he missed getting drafted.

Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
GBay-WSox-Bulls-Blackhawks-LSU-UNC
Quite possibly Ned Long,

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns

Yeah I can see a team going ‘early’ on Caminiti. For the same reason I see Williams dropping. Teams love talls with perceived upside and athleticism.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks

Alastair Lord and Lewis Rayson are similar players, why do you think Lords stocks have risen while Raysons stocks have dropped?

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
thats a weird snipe at Josh Browne, i have watched him and i like him, i dont go off stats, so thats just weird bro.
Assessing a prospect is sniping? Better close the board down, bro

Back