Manchester United Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk that both Poch & Ten Hag would absolutely be interested in becoming United manager.

Poch with financial backing could turn us into something special.

At this stage it simply has to be one of those two and I'm fairly convinced it will be.

Sorry but where is the BBC saying it? All these sites just do a round up of the daily news.
quoted in one of their articles Bruce is keen but we want Ragnik or Blanc

Feel

Draftee
Nov 19, 2021
Europa
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United
Line up against Villarreal:

Henderson

Wan-Bissaka
Jones
Bailly
Telles

Van De Beek
Matic
Fernandes

Sancho
Cavani
Rashford

But Jadon are sold after this year and an by Dutch and Bruno is an star AM lot one by is sold in january?

There is a big difference between saying someone is interested in the job and that person being in line for the job.

Bruce is no chance of the job, United won't even be looking at his name.

You right.

Bruce is no proper trainer by the team.

Luis Enrique and Brendan Rodgers are favor for trainer chief staff.

Gary Neville is if no success happens about three years next trainer.

Last edited:
Steve Bruce is not happening don't know how his name got thrown into the mix.

Because like Blanc he is ex-United, absolutely nothing from the club to suggest either were considered.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Poch gathering huge pace which means huge disappointment when PSG go nah.

Most likely, unless PSG can convince Zidane to come in and take over. United would have to buy out Poch’s PSG contract wouldn’t they? He’s contracted until 2023 iirc, not sure on how much.

Most likely, unless PSG can convince Zidane to come in and take over. United would have to buy out Poch’s PSG contract wouldn’t they? He’s contracted until 2023 iirc, not sure on how much.

Basically yeah.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
We are in serious trouble if we have Carrick for the remainder of the season, won’t finish top 4 & won’t go far in this seasons CL.

Hopefully can get Poch now, or get in a quality interim to take over from Carrick until seasons end at the very least.

Steve Bruce is not happening don't know how his name got thrown into the mix.
Because he put his hand up and is telling anyone that will listen haha

Looks like Zidane to Paris is happening and Poch to us

Poch wants full control and doesn't get a say in transfers at PSG

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Because he put his hand up and is telling anyone that will listen haha

Looks like Zidane to Paris is happening and Poch to us

Poch wants full control and doesn't get a say in transfers at PSG
Poch can have full control.

Watch the players start tracking back when he's in the job.

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Late to the party but here's my 2 cents

I've always known that Ole was out of his depth but when he walked in things were so toxic and the state of the list was terrible so I didn't mind so much. A massive rebuild was clearly needed and he mostly did a good job of improving the culture and overhauling the list, so it was easy to ignore his other short comings. I think after the summer signings we made the squad improved to a point where he had now reached his shelf life and taken the club as far as he could. After Liverpool it was clear that he was undoing his good work and was taking us backwards. It was embarrassing that it took so long for the decision to be made.

I'm just blown away by the incompetence of the board at the end of the day. He should never have been offered the full time gig, certainly not that quickly into his interim role anyway. He was always out of his depth and that was such a needlessly rushed decision. Then to surround an inexperienced manager (at this level) with a coaching team of rookies and an assistant who was semi retired...How did anyone involved think that was going to lead to success?

It will be interesting to see who gets the full time job though. I'm not as crazy about Poch as most are.

Feel

Draftee
Nov 19, 2021
Europa
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United
New trainer choice Jones and Bailly in pair 1?

11362-1509815696-800.jpg

Or he choice Maguire and Varane in pair 1?

SPORT-PREVIEW-Maguire-Varane.jpg

Late to the party but here's my 2 cents

I've always known that Ole was out of his depth but when he walked in things were so toxic and the state of the list was terrible so I didn't mind so much. A massive rebuild was clearly needed and he mostly did a good job of improving the culture and overhauling the list, so it was easy to ignore his other short comings. I think after the summer signings we made the squad improved to a point where he had now reached his shelf life and taken the club as far as he could. After Liverpool it was clear that he was undoing his good work and was taking us backwards. It was embarrassing that it took so long for the decision to be made.

I'm just blown away by the incompetence of the board at the end of the day. He should never have been offered the full time gig, certainly not that quickly into his interim role anyway. He was always out of his depth and that was such a needlessly rushed decision. Then to surround an inexperienced manager (at this level) with a coaching team of rookies and an assistant who was semi retired...How did anyone involved think that was going to lead to success?

It will be interesting to see who gets the full time job though. I'm not as crazy about Poch as most are.

Wasn't Phelan completely retired as a coach? Wasn't he football dept at mariners or something?

I can understand reservations on Poch but it seems like this has been the right move several seasons late. Good manager, good person. Time for him to now be successful.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
It does seem like he isn’t far away from success. United & Poch could be a perfect match, we don’t know, but he is a good manager & bloke.

Need to surround him with quality coaching staff too, can’t keep what we have.

We’ve got to move on from the ‘United way’, give Poch the keys to the place and let him run things how he wants, it’s time we caught back up with City, Liverpool & Chelsea, it’s time!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back