Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
One day one of these year-before trades of picks for an academy player will go completely **** up.
Collingwoods deal this year was bad enough…

hypothetical for you: Collingwood do that deal…then Daicos does his knee Jamie Grahame style…what then
Pies probably still match a bid for him but in like the 50s, so essentially a free hit but they gave up pick 2 for no reason

To be fair to the pies, they did undersell their F1 but noone expected them to finish 17th and have pick 2, even if they finish 16th with pick 3 then Daicos probably always gets bid at 2, 17th or 18th were the only 2 positions that really made them look like clowns.

I'm sure they would have preferred holding pick #2/#3 at the trade period and been able to buy a really good player with it - Cerra would probably be a Pie now if they did and we would have padded out the deal with later picks.

Much better than two picks 20 to 30, but oh well. That wasn't the worst thing that happened to the Pies that trade window.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
It was interesting to read only 13 clubs have spoken to Jack Williams. That's not a lot this close to the draft, particularly for someone who was rated as an early 2nd Rounder not that long ago.

I think if we trade down our 2nd for a F2, we'd be a good chance he's still there at the pick we get in return.

It was also interesting that Cal was saying that West Coast are desperately trying to shift their 2nd rounder up the order - would an Eagles F2 and 29 for 19 be fair?

Polo342

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
It was interesting to read only 13 clubs have spoken to Jack Williams. That's not a lot this close to the draft, particularly for someone who was rated as an early 2nd Rounder not that long ago.

I think if we trade down our 2nd for a F2, we'd be a good chance he's still there at the pick we get in return.

It was also interesting that Cal was saying that West Coast are desperately trying to shift their 2nd rounder up the order - would an Eagles F2 and 29 for 19 be fair?
Negative mate! I reckon we could get another club with better picks interested

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

That would be pretty close. Not compelling depending on who is available, but a nice starting point.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
My phantom draft for what it's worth:

1. JHF- North Melbourne
2. Daicos- Collingwood
3. Darcy- Bulldogs
4. Callaghan- Giants
5. Andrew- Gold Coast
6. Rachele- Adelaide
7. Hawthorn- Johnson
8. Hobbs- Fremantle
9. Richmond- Ward
10. Amiss- Fremantle

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Twomey’s phantom is up.

Aimiss, Johnson and Goater

Average. I seriously hope it doesn’t go that way. Given who was there at the picks I would say a C for Twomey.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That is an excellent haul.

In addition, with Gibcus available at 8 and Goater at 21 there could be some excellent live trade options. But I would be very happy with those three lads.

Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Twomey’s phantom is up.

Average. I seriously hope it doesn’t go that way. Given who was there at the picks I would say a C for Twomey.

Lol that is a great haul. Taking a Tall forward and 2 mids isn't the worst idea.

Last edited:

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle

mayne man

Senior List
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Twomey’s phantom is up.

A kPF that can kick straight
A tall midfielder with pace and class
A mid/wing/defender with great size and Athleticism

looks good too me

Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gees just watched Goaters highlights.... anyone think that he’s unlikely to be there by the second night? Looks very good and better than some first rounders highlights I’ve seen. I’d say if he’s still there come pick 21 , we might jag a late first round 2022 pick on the second night. He looks very quick and polished midfielder to my untrained eye. I’d be stoked if we pick Amiss, Johnson and Goater.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
Gees just watched Goaters highlights.... anyone think that he’s unlikely to be there by the second night? Looks very good and better than some first rounders highlights I’ve seen. I’d say if he’s still there come pick 21 , we might jag a late first round 2022 pick on the second night. He looks very quick and polished midfielder to my untrained eye. I’d be stoked if we pick Amiss, Johnson and Goater.

Doesn't use the ball well when traveling at speed + Victorian HBF = perfect whipping boy.

Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Also listening on the road to draft podcast Hobbs interview with Twomey he mentions the two clubs he has interviewed with Hobbs said something like “ one club id love to go to and another’s interstate” they dig a little more and it’s the Tigers (Love) and Freo the interstate. The manager was also there, seemed to be a little flag to Freo don’t pick him.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Also listening on the road to draft podcast Hobbs interview with Twomey he mentions the two clubs he has interviewed with Hobbs said something like “ one club id love to go to and another’s interstate” they dig a little more and it’s the Tigers (Love) and Freo the interstate. The manager was also there, seemed to be a little flag to Freo don’t pick him.
Ffs these mumma boys.

Hope the army doesn't start drafting again..

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
If Goaters on the board at 21 I reckon Wallsy might get on the Pints on Wed night. Then when the draft resumes drop his dacks to show the words ‘NO TRADE’ on his buttocks for anyone who asks.

Hazelsnuts

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2016
The beach
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
North Beach. AIK Stockholm
Thanks Mora, verbatim of what I heard also - not what Paracleet heard ??? thought I was going nuts….

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
After pick 19 who’d we like to trade with?

20. North. No 2022 second doesn’t help but a one pick downgrade for say a third rounder? I’d think about it but they probably need the extra picks.

21, 24 Hawthorn. Need as many picks as possible. Doubt they consider it. Maybe Pick 24 and a future second I guess.

22, 30, 32, 34 Geelong. Can see this happening if they’re desperate to move up.

23. Western Bulldogs. Will be traded before a bid comes for Darcy. Most likely to Geelong apparently. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Bulldogs trade a future first if someone they really rate is still on the board at this point tbh.

25. Carlton. Rumours they’re looking to trade this pick. Could be a possibility. Doesn’t have much else to offer other than future picks.

26-28 Richmond. Multiple picks here could be tempting for us and them. Have North’s 2022 second rounder as well.

29, 35 West Coast. These picks packaged together may be tempting but I believe we’ll have a better offer tbh.

Multiple 2022 Second Rounders Gold Coast. Would involve us trading back into the second round imo but they have a stupid amount of 2022 capital and would be in a position to offer us a ridiculous deal. Would be hilarious given where pick 19 came from.

Outside of a team trading us a future 1st I don’t really see any other club that looks likely. My preference would be two later seconds this year, then sitting through the draft until either a Benning bid or the draft ends (whichever happens first).

Dayts

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle

Not sure he needs to say anymore! He’s not keen, and would be a poor investment given the local mids at his range. Melt warranted!

Wce17

Team Captain
Oct 4, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
After pick 19 who’d we like to trade with?

20. North. No 2022 second doesn’t help but a one pick downgrade for say a third rounder? I’d think about it but they probably need the extra picks.

21, 24 Hawthorn. Need as many picks as possible. Doubt they consider it. Maybe Pick 24 and a future second I guess.

22, 30, 32, 34 Geelong. Can see this happening if they’re desperate to move up.

23. Western Bulldogs. Will be traded before a bid comes for Darcy. Most likely to Geelong apparently. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Bulldogs trade a future first if someone they really rate is still on the board at this point tbh.

25. Carlton. Rumours they’re looking to trade this pick. Could be a possibility. Doesn’t have much else to offer other than future picks.

26-28 Richmond. Multiple picks here could be tempting for us and them. Have North’s 2022 second rounder as well.

29, 35 West Coast. These picks packaged together may be tempting but I believe we’ll have a better offer tbh.

Multiple 2022 Second Rounders Gold Coast. Would involve us trading back into the second round imo but they have a stupid amount of 2022 capital and would be in a position to offer us a ridiculous deal. Would be hilarious given where pick 19 came from.

Outside of a team trading us a future 1st I don’t really see any other club that looks likely. My preference would be two later seconds this year, then sitting through the draft until either a Benning bid or the draft ends (whichever happens first).

Would you do eagles 29 + A future second. The general consensus seems to be we are on the slide so that future second could possibly be a mid/low 20’s pick from us. Always a bit of a gamble with future picks though I guess

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Would you do eagles 29 + A future second. The general consensus seems to be we are on the slide so that future second could possibly be a mid/low 20’s pick from us. Always a bit of a gamble with future picks though I guess
I think we will get a better offer, thats a 10 pick drop

in 2019 port moved back 1 pick for a future 2nd

We would be looking for something closer to that

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think we will get a better off, thats a 10 pick drop

in 2019 port moved back 1 pick for a future 2nd

We would be looking for something closer to that

Almost didn’t bother including West Coast in my post tbh.

Firstly for the reasons you said. Secondly because I can’t see us trading with them even if it benefits both parties.

I think it’s Geelong, Richmond or we simply take the pick ourselves.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Almost didn’t bother including West Coast in my post tbh.

Firstly for the reasons you said. Secondly because I can’t see us trading with them even if it benefits both parties.

I think it’s Geelong, Richmond or we simply take the pick ourselves.
either that or a godfather f1 offer from a bottom-mid ranked team

We wouldn't want to take the F1 seeing as we want to hit this draft but if it came we would take that IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back