Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all never ever let personal anxieties and self doubt hold you back.

Starting the job at the department store I was sh*t scared, ball of anxiety but I took the challenge on, I put my mind to it and today 3/4 weeks later the team leader put me on the headset (only team leaders wear) to do what they do in the closing shifts and him asking me one day if I want to become a team leader (floor managers) describing me as confident “you act cool calm and collected, very chill”. I know it may sound stupid but I live by yolo cause like who cares if you make a mistake? It’s not the end of the world and I’ve made plenty and learned of them heaps but that’s made me a better person in the end.

I’ve always been a self doubter, it’s hard to change but once you do it’s the best thing for your mindset. Love you all.

Well done. Facing the fear and riding out the anxiety curve is called exposure therapy and it’s the best way to overcome it. The more you do it the less fear and anxiety you’ll feel. On ya Ligs.

Well done. Facing the fear and riding out the anxiety curve is called exposure therapy and it’s the best way to overcome it. The more you do it the less fear and anxiety you’ll feel. On ya Ligs.
Thanks Val.

I’m still extremely awkward asking people “hey how are you” lol

I know One Nation are pretty much irrelevant but Hanson is like a cockroach that just can’t be killed (I mean that figuratively but because of the current death threats MP’s are facing just thought I had to write that). I wonder how many of her supporters are aware of how tight she was with Valmae Beck when they were in jail together. A woman who abducted and murdered a young girl with her husband to play out some sick fantasy. Hanson literally highlighted he friendship with Beck as a positive of her jail time. Unforgivable.

Thanks Val.

I’m still extremely awkward asking people “hey how are you” lol

Lol. That’s pretty much how I say hi to everyone. “Hey mate how are ya”. Im good with strangers but my social anxiety only starts after I have met someone a few times and I don’t know how familiar to act and I’m terrible with names.

I know One Nation are pretty much irrelevant but Hanson is like a cockroach that just can’t be killed (I mean that figuratively but because of the current death threats MP’s are facing just thought I had to write that). I wonder how many of her supporters are aware of how tight she was with Valmae Beck when they were in jail together. A woman who abducted and murdered a young girl with her husband to play out some sick fantasy. Hanson literally highlighted he friendship with Beck as a positive of her jail time. Unforgivable.

Lol. That’s pretty much how I say hi to everyone. “Hey mate how are ya”. Im good with strangers but my social anxiety only starts after I have met someone a few times and I don’t know how familiar to act and I’m terrible with names.
I like how Lambie calls out the bullshit as she sees it, then throws down the gauntlet and dares others to come at her.

I just saw video of a pretty nasty incident in Wisconsin.

Its pretty bad.
Yeah not good. Last i heard 12 adults and 11 kids sent to hospital. Not sure how many deaths but apparently there are some.

An Australian woman hasn't covered herself in glory...tweeted about it and said why couldn't it have been during a trump rally :drunk: social media is a plague.

Yeah not good. Last i heard 12 adults and 11 kids sent to hospital. Not sure how many deaths but apparently there are some.

An Australian woman hasn't covered herself in glory...tweeted about it and said why couldn't it have been during a trump rally :drunk: social media is a plague.
Why couldn't it have just not happened.

Just saw Moulin Rouge at The Regent. Absolutely brilliant, theatre 95% full, felt like Melbourne is on the way back. Had front row seats as booked months ago. Highly recommend.

IMG_3879.JPG

Interesting. There’s a bit of talk that electric vehicle manufacturers, well Tesla to be more accurate are trying to develop a EV where instead of recharging, the batteries are exchangeable, kind of like what we do with gas bottles for the bbq.

Musk has hinted at it a few times. It’s a much better option. Rather then spending ages recharging the battery, drivers will pull into a garage/servo and they just change out the battery with a fully charged one.

It’s probably a few years away because apparently it’s pretty hard to get the design right for a quick swap out but when they do that, petrol engines will just be for car enthusiasts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. I don't think we've ever had a better or more timely AOTY. It's incredible that she's experienced what she has and still come out of it with as much wit and grace (sorry) as she has. An extraordinary human being.

The closing arguments have started in the trial of the 3 dudes that killed Arbery. They’re claiming self defence. How the * can they claim self defence when they hunted him down and shot him?

They’re going away. Three days ago their defence asked the prosecutor for a plea deal, the prosecutor told them no chance. Cooked. I just hope they get adequate sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back