FTA-TV The Wheel Of Time (WoT) *NO BOOK SPOILERS*

Remove this Banner Ad

His character is pretty underwritten in the books anyway. That will be the challenge for this show, adding layers of character-driven drama that aren't really there in the source material.
Rand is actually up there with Mat, Nynaeve and Logain as one of my favourite characters, I agree he is underwritten in the first three books, however I disagree he’s underwritten from about book 4 onwards. Granted another character takes centre stage for book 4, however I don’t find Rand a no-personality character.

Rand is actually up there with Mat, Nynaeve and Logain as one of my favourite characters, I agree he is underwritten in the first three books, however I disagree he’s underwritten from about book 4 onwards. Granted another character takes centre stage for book 4, however I don’t find Rand a no-personality character.
Blank canvas.

Watched second episode and have some thoughts.

They have to fit a lot of stuff in, and keep the story moving, so they have missed opportunities to provide further context on stuff, that's ok if they can circle back and flesh out things later.

Actor i'm most worried about is Rand, besides his hair color which is off putting, his acting is very clunky, hasn't shown anything close to emotion yet

The acting in general isn't great... the trouble with having a young and inexperienced cast which form the core of the story.

Watched second episode and have some thoughts.

They have to fit a lot of stuff in, and keep the story moving, so they have missed opportunities to provide further context on stuff, that's ok if they can circle back and flesh out things later.

Actor i'm most worried about is Rand, besides his hair color which is off putting, his acting is very clunky, hasn't shown anything close to emotion yet

The acting in general isn't great... the trouble with having a young and inexperienced cast which form the core of the story.

Have you read the books?

i'm guessing mental health, he also deleted all his social media etc.

he plays a good disreputable Mat and has some good banter with Rand so it disappointing but the new guy might nail it anyway. TBH i think Mat will be an easy character to play.
I was sad to hear they are getting a new actor to play Mat.

Mat was the one character I was hoping they nailed.

From the first 3 epsodes, I am not sure they got it right though. (not the actors fault) - They made him out to be a criminal type character, when really he was more michevious and a lout of a boy, in a fun rascal way.

Watched the first three episodes now. Still not sure how I feel about the series in general.

Don't get me wrong I'll watch it, and it's got enjoyable parts, but it's not quite clicking for me at this point. Maybe I'm judging it too harshly.

Watched the first three episodes now. Still not sure how I feel about the series in general.

Don't get me wrong I'll watch it, and it's got enjoyable parts, but it's not quite clicking for me at this point. Maybe I'm judging it too harshly.
I'm A bit the same, I actually fast forwarded once or twice, which isn't a good sign.

I am literally 200 pages into the last book - can I watch this without getting hit by spoilers or do i need to just power through it?
???

The TV show has (to date) only shown events from The Eye of the World (book 1), and quite a few from the fetid reaches of the producers' minds. There's not a snowball's chance in Hell that the show (season 1) will "spoil" anything in the last 200 pages of book 14.

???

The TV show has (to date) only shown events from The Eye of the World (book 1), and quite a few from the fetid reaches of the producers' minds. There's not a snowball's chance in Hell that the show (season 1) will "spoil" anything in the last 200 pages of book 14.

Thought so but felt it best to double check to be safe :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

episode 4 is excellent
I’ve been watching social media…I was going to be good since I can’t watch it til tonight, but from what social media is saying…I’m going to love this episode, a lot!

Looks like Ep 4 is extremely divisive.

Non-book readers seem to think it's great.

Book readers think it's an unmitigated pile of horse s**t, which destroys and takes a dump on the entire Aes Sedai lore that Robert Jordan created.

Interesting that one single episode could have such divided opinions.

Book readers think it's an unmitigated pile of horse sh*t, which destroys and takes a dump on the entire Aes Sedai lore that Robert Jordan created.

not sure how book readers can think that. I’ve read the books more than most. It was fine. A few liberties taken that’s about it. I loved the way they gave Logain more personality.

not sure how book readers can think that. I’ve read the books more than most. It was fine. A few liberties taken that’s about it. I loved the way they gave Logain more personality.
The Perrin/Egwene & Rand/Matt/Thom storylines were fine. The Nynaeve/Moiraine/Lan storyline was horrendous, and would have had Robert Jordan spinning in his grave. However, this is a debate for the book readers' thread.

Book readers think it's an unmitigated pile of horse sh*t, which destroys and takes a dump on the entire Aes Sedai lore that Robert Jordan created.

I’m a book reader, I enjoyed it, a lot. There’s going to be changes, Rafe has never kept secret his desire to give Logain a bigger role in the television series. There is one thing I do agree with a lot of people that hated the Logain storyline, however I won’t mention it here cause spoilers for the books.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back