mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
All four out of contract end of this season, got some sh*t to sort out in a hurry.

You play 3atb with whilst your 4 best cbs are coming out of contract? How does a team manage that?

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
You play 3atb with whilst your 4 best cbs are coming out of contract? How does a team manage that?
I guess they were expecting Christensen and Rudiger to be tied up by now, but they are proving difficult to come to a agreement with.

Azpi will extended. Can't see him leaving.

Silva I think will stay until the WC.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Christensen is the most vital of the four given his upside.

It would be a great shame to lose little Rudiger, but he'd be nearing 30 by then and is something of a system player anyway (hence his very variable seasons for Chelsea). He'd be frustrating to lose, but IMO he isn't irreplaceable and is operating at around his maximum potential. I'd certainly rate him above the likes of Cahill/Alex, but he's definitely closer to their level than the Terry/Desailly/Gallas/Carvalho level.

It'd be great if Silva would sign an extension, but I wouldn't begrudge him if he wanted one last hurrah back home.

Azpi should stay, but more to mentor the younger players ala Paulo Ferreira or some such as his minutes slowly reduce. He's played all over the back four and in his prime he was impeccable defensively, so he'd have a lot to teach them.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I guess they were expecting Christensen and Rudiger to be tied up by now, but they are proving difficult to come to a agreement with.

Azpi will extended. Can't see him leaving.

Silva I think will stay until the WC.
It's not often contracts get this low though and then they extend is it? I cant think of too many with just 6-7 months left on deal actually signing on. When it's gotten that low then there has been a real wide chasm between player and club as to the contract.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
It's not often contracts get this low though and then they extend is it? I cant think of too many with just 6-7 months left on deal actually signing on. When it's gotten that low then there has been a real wide chasm between player and club as to the contract.
Yeah its a bit worrying but of the 4 I only think Rudiger will leave. We arent getting anywhere near the money he wants. Sounds like we'll move on Kounde again and they'll be his replacement.

As much as I'm loving this version of Rudiger he is a perfect system CB for our set up, anyone looking to bring him into a back 4 is a bit crazy imo.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Yeah its a bit worrying but of the 4 I only think Rudiger will leave. We arent getting anywhere near the money he wants. Sounds like we'll move on Kounde again and they'll be his replacement.

As much as I'm loving this version of Rudiger he is a perfect system CB for our set up, anyone looking to bring him into a back 4 is a bit crazy imo.
Weren't Chelsea fans saying he was world class 5 minutes ago?

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
You think Maguire in mufc/cfc or what about trading Maguire for any player between mufc and cfc????

1637622922061.gif

Feel

Draftee
Nov 19, 2021
Europa
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United
Favor CB:

1. Varane
2. Maguire
3. Bailly
4. Jones
5. Tuanzebe
6. Lindelöf

Understands new trainer want sell one CB and Maguire one possibility in trade carousel.

Top CB:

1. Maguire
2. Varane
3. Bailly
4. Lindelöf
5. Tuanzebe
6. Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back