NSW Gladys Berejiklian in trouble. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pretty interesting research as well. Suggests Covid is quite a bit easier to control in Brisbane than Sydney and easier to control in Sydney than Melbourne due to humidity. That does check out with outbreaks being controlled easier in Brisbane than Sydney and Sydney than Melbourne. Also explains why ACT numbers kept going with such high vax rates as very low humidity there.

Given this, it adds to the case that Sydney may well have been able to deal with the outbreak had the health advice been followed in a timely way.

Pretty interesting research as well. Suggests Covid is quite a bit easier to control in Brisbane than Sydney and easier to control in Sydney than Melbourne due to humidity. That does check out with outbreaks being controlled easier in Brisbane than Sydney and Sydney than Melbourne. Also explains why ACT numbers kept going with such high vax rates as very low humidity there.

Given this, it adds to the case that Sydney may well have been able to deal with the outbreak had the health advice been followed in a timely way.

Would be a great outcome if Covid doesn't cope with warmer weather with us opening up in summer.
What's the forecast for summer temps?

I think that stopped around 10 years ago. They turned in to what news.com.au was and news.com.au turned in to News Of The World.

i dont disagree, but certain peeps here still maintain its a woke liberal promoter of daily abortions and islam. both rags have cashed out journalism for being retweeted

There are "journos" the world over who have done that. Even at our ABC.

"GOTCHA" is more important than substance.

I've said this multiple times, but hutchy and Barrett covered this on their poddy.

Rags have ditched the age old need for multiple sources. Everything is about being first, and forgiveness is preferred to permission.

When you have these two lamenting the fall in journalistic standards, you know it's ****ed

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've said this multiple times, but hutchy and Barrett covered this on their poddy.

Rags have ditched the age old need for multiple sources. Everything is about being first, and forgiveness is preferred to permission.

When you have these two lamenting the fall in journalistic standards, you know it's f’ed

Scary thought at how bad it is if its obvious even to them.

Scary thought at how bad it is if its obvious even to them.

damo in particular is scathing. they focus mainly on afl media, but have named and shamed a number of the current new gen of afl reporter for being more interested in tweeting first than verifying their facts.

the fact political and other media is now at that same level is frankly sad. I used to get the HUN delivered (used to be best sports section in the country, and it had a good spread of world news), and loved the Australian and Fin Review. Now, I honestly wouldnt pay for any of them

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
damo in particular is scathing. they focus mainly on afl media, but have named and shamed a number of the current new gen of afl reporter for being more interested in tweeting first than verifying their facts.

the fact political and other media is now at that same level is frankly sad. I used to get the HUN delivered (used to be best sports section in the country, and it had a good spread of world news), and loved the Australian and Fin Review. Now, I honestly wouldnt pay for any of them

As I said above about 10 years ago news.com.au was the leading online news site. Really was brilliant by global standards. Now every single article is clickbait with a ridiculous headline which almost never actually matches the content.

SMH and The Age are really no better.

The ABC is the only one worth looking at.

As I said above about 10 years ago news.com.au was the leading online news site. Really was brilliant by global standards. Now every single article is clickbait with a ridiculous headline which almost never actually matches the content.

SMH and The Age are really no better.

The ABC is the only one worth looking at.

im pretty much headlines only for AU media, and NPR for anything i spend time on

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Screenshot_20211122-225349_Chrome.jpg

Yes. It was picking on poor people not targeting where all the cases were...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
not sure what you mean by this

It was poorist and racist and blah blah-ist to have different levels of lockdown....

Except for the fact that the different levels of lockdown were based on where the bulk of the cases were happening, and where the bulk of the laws were being broken - requiring heavier police oversight.

It was poorist and racist and blah blah-ist to have different levels of lockdown....

Except for the fact that the different levels of lockdown were based on where the bulk of the cases were happening, and where the bulk of the laws were being broken - requiring heavier police oversight.

Ah. So it’s the bulk of the cases now. Not all of the cases. Got it.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
SMH Letters page is pretty unimpressed.

Berejiklian politicised ‘health advice’, sidelined Chant
So, the truth many suspected throughout the Sydney lockdown finally comes to light (“State was urged to not divide the city”, November 22). We were constantly told by then premier Gladys Berejiklian that all decisions were based on “health advice”. The real message from Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant to the government was actually that decisions should be based on “all health advice”. The placement of one word made an immense difference in how the lockdown was managed. Linda Holmes, Balmain

Gladys’ halo now sits where it rightfully belongs, on the head of Dr Chant. The emails obtained by the upper house show that Berejiklian misused Chant’s position for political purposes. They explain the apparent squirming by Chant at press conferences whenever “health advice” was used to justify unpopular decisions. Tony Re, Georges Hall

Dr Chant’s sage advice about imposing a curfew for its messaging effect was indeed accepted by the then premier, but not as intended. The “message” was that we impose long-term curfews on areas of least political significance regardless of any disparity in case numbers favouring those areas. Fred Jansohn, Rose Bay

The harsh lockdown of Canterbury-Bankstown was just one of the ways this area has been targeted by the NSW government. It’s an easy target, too: a place of many cultures and lower incomes. The NSW government has fast-tracked development and privatisation of public transport in this corridor. Locals are locked out of the housing market and there has been no new public housing. People here feel forgotten and outraged by political dishonesty which has left us with low-quality, over-priced development, a relative lack of open space, only 15 per cent tree canopy cover, the most polluted river in Sydney and communities devastated by job losses and business closures. Marie Healy, Hurlstone Park

Now we know why Gladys consistently said that her COVID-19 pronouncements were “based on medical advice”. It’s because she was not in fact “following” the medical advice, which, of course, we never got to see. All along, she was making political decisions while using the Chief Health Officer, and semantics, as a shield. Warwick Tudehope, Seaforth

Gladys Berejiklian had us believe that unpopular decisions like imposing harsh lockdowns in low socioeconomic areas was a thing of the “health advice”, that she had little choice. A premier once high in political capital seems to have chosen political populism over her Chief Health Officer’s advice. Jack Dikian, Mosman

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
GOTCHA and clickbait generate the views and the money, thats where professional media has fallen to.
And it’s why I’ve said on here for a while that social media will be a massive player in politics going forward. There is not many younger people that even considers watching the news anymore. Most at best have a glance at the morning shows before work.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.

Remember when Caro reported that James Hird had been sacked when he hadn't been?

A bare faced lie that she explained by saying that he was sacked but Essendon had a last minute change of heart or something like that. And she remains front and square as one of the major forces in football journalism. It beggars belief, it really does. 30 years ago she would have been instructed to clear out her office, leave her keys and computer and exit the building permanently.

What a world.

Remember when Caro reported that James Hird had been sacked when he hadn't been?

A bare faced lie that she explained by saying that he was sacked but Essendon had a last minute change of heart or something like that. And she remains front and square as one of the major forces in football journalism. It beggars belief, it really does. 30 years ago she would have been instructed to clear out her office, leave her keys and computer and exit the building permanently.

What a world.
I think Matt Doran has set a new standard for lazy journalism that will take a while to be eclipsed.

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Comes back to what I’ve been saying for a while. These premiers should have never been in a position to make these decisions. We should have had a PM that took control and steered us through the biggest crisis this country has seen since WW2. The lying gutless coward ran and abdicated all responsibility to a bunch of premiers to run the country even though that’s not what we voted them in for. Ffs I don’t remember voting for any of them at the last federal election!!

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
I think Matt Doran has set a new standard for lazy journalism that will take a while to be eclipsed.

He really should have bluffed his way through.

All of Adele’s stuff sounds pretty much the same and covers the same subject matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back