Prediction Who fills the fullback position in 2022?

Who fills the fullback role in 2022?

• Marchbank

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Young

Votes: 84 57.5%
  • McDonald

Votes: 34 23.3%
  • McGovern

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 12 8.2%

• Total voters
Why recruit Young then?

Because it's okay to have more than one 199cm key defender/second ruck?

We stated our recruiting of Young was in no way related to any feeling about Jones and a vaccine mandate. He was recruited because Jones was 30 years old and we needed to prepare for the future. Given Young is coming off an injury and we have a poor history of injuries, picking up another tall defender is the right thing to do. With Blake, he is a genuine swingman so could be handy anywhere.

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Bret Thornton or Luke Livingston for me, probably leaning towards Thornton.
What's Aisake doing these days?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Rory Thompson anyone? Pre injuries he was about the best in the league.

Just need to do a greenwood on the sun's (again)

Dec 8, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Rory Thompson anyone? Pre injuries he was about the best in the league.

Just need to do a greenwood on the sun's (again)
Hasn't been able to get on the park in 3 years. Hard 'no' for me.

One thing we need from whoever we pick up is durability. If we learnt anything from 2021, it is that our list is too brittle. We have far too many players that are injury-prone.

So no to Thompson & Talia.

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Back in Young for the second KPD spot. Would be an absolute dream come true to have already landed an 8-10 year KPD for pick 51. Weitering gets the job on the monsters like Hawkins and Lynch, he usually mauls them. Young could have a very negative role on the more athletic types that have given Weiters a bit of trouble like Max King.

Would have been good to have LJ teach Young on some things that he picked up on the 1-1 duals/intercepting.

would love to bring Michael Jamieson. One of the most underrated FB in the last 20 years

Jamo certainly punched above his height @ only 193cm FB.

would love to bring Michael Jamieson. One of the most underrated FB in the last 20 years

As I live and breathe.

Aah, feels good to wheel that one out again.

Lovers

Debutant
Aug 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't know why people have even brought Rance up. If he were to return, why would he go anywhere other than Richmond?

I think we need to grab a KPF to develop almost ahead of another KPD, as we're astoundingly even shorter those than we are KPD's. Either grab a general KPP type and develop them at both ends through the VFL (which will hopefully play more footy next year) or pick up a KPF roundabout our second and bank on developing them for either role.
because richmond just picked up robbie tarrant

Lovers

Debutant
Aug 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
you seem to be overlooking all the calls this year for better backline depth...........
how am i overlooking that? all im saying is we need more depth because i think the club got young in when they thought jones was staying, now hes gone we need a replacement to come in even more, and i mentioned those players as people ready to try fill the void

Lovers

Debutant
Aug 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
... because they couldn't talk Rance into coming back.

He's done. He might coach a bit, but even that's not necessarily sustainable with the sort of lifestyle his wife and he wanted to lead.
they couldnt talk him into coaching richmond either, yet there he is coaching essendon. I believe hes done as well, would be a huge shock if he came back but its not the first time a mind has been changed

how am i overlooking that? all im saying is we need more depth because i think the club got young in when they thought jones was staying, now hes gone we need a replacement to come in even more, and i mentioned those players as people ready to try fill the void
because you said this

"We just went out and got lewis young when we had jones in the system. Either the club had an incling about jones' vax stance and got young in as collateral. Or what im lead to believe is more likely that jones' decision has hit the club for 6 and theyll need to draft someone".

as reasons for bringing in young, when the truth was we had been calling for better depth in the backline for a long time, regardless of your jones hypothesis

Lovers

Debutant
Aug 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
nah i know we needed more depth, im saying we went for more depth before jones left, so anyone suggesting that we dont need to replace him because of marchbank OMAC etc i think is wrong. Thats why a charlie dean would be a smart move imo. We were 1-2 defenders short before jones left, now we are 2-3 short

Back