snagbreac

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man City, BHAFC, Washington FT
I thought he was 1 of our Better Players in 2nd Half of last Year
Yeah I like him as well and I think he was good but he's under the pump from fans and possibly internally if they decide to go with youth. Don't get me wrong, the hyphen is one of my favourite players but I think the whippers will increase their whipping intensity. My comment probably wasn't worded all that great. WHE, I like, but the floggers, now without JT (who also picked up) will increase their intensity.

Krueger is a big boy. But takes some guts to rock up day 1 of pre-season WITH your personal training, and spend half the session working on the program you have had with him in the off season.
He did part of the session with the boys, then did running on the AAMI park side with his trainer and a bunch of other things. Then afterward re-joined the last part of the session.

Do we know his injury history? Maybe it’s part of some injury management / prevention program that he’s on?

I’d imagine that kind of thing would happen with the full knowledge, understanding and blessing of the club. Especially when transitioning between football programs. Would hope so anyway!!

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Do we know his injury history? Maybe it’s part of some injury management / prevention program that he’s on?

I’d imagine that kind of thing would happen with the full knowledge, understanding and blessing of the club. Especially when transitioning between football programs. Would hope so anyway!!

It would. None of these guys get into the system without having a team around them which is sustained as the player progresses. The curious part for me was the involvement whilst at the club. I’ve never seen that before and I have no issue with it whatsoever. I have first hand experience of just how much these people here so you might as well bring them into the fold if they’re adding to the mix.

watt price tully

Team Captain
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Looking forward to seeing the development of McMahon and Johnston (not sure if there’s a t in his surname). McMahon might still be a year away and needs more development but looked pretty good in the few VFL matches I saw.

Looking forward to seeing the development of McMahon and Johnson (not sure if there’s a t in his surname). McMahon might still be a year away and needs more development but looked pretty good in the few VFL matches I saw.
No ‘t’ for Johno…he’s a coffee man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah I just got to those bits.

The ball movement stuff really stood out for me. It was really the running in waves at full pelt that made my heart flutter.

That’s what I have come to expect with Richmond.

You could even hear McRae shouting ‘hold’ and then once the ball even just looked to be won yelling ‘go go go’.

It’s certainly going to be a refreshing change if that is the game style from the slow stagnant kick mark game we have been used to.

Edit- I actually think he might have been yelling ‘goal goal goal’

The Lions of 01 to 04 had a similar style too. Forward movement at all costs, ran in waves and were physical at man and contest.

watt price tully

Team Captain
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I had to enlarge the photo to see the bicep the size of an overgrown pimple

His arm is extended and the last time I looked football is not particularly about biceps. One of the best (ever) footballers was the late Robbie Flower who to misattribute Lou Richards would be “lucky to get wet if he ran around in a shower”

Absolutely he needs luck , but been stronger does not lessen the likelihood of injury
Physiotherapy is literally built around the concept of building strength in order to recover from, and reduce the likelihood of injury. The only thing rubbish here is your comment.

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Physiotherapy is literally built around the concept of building strength in order to recover from, and reduce the likelihood of injury. The only thing rubbish here is your comment.
. Yeah right , come and see me when he pops his shoulder (fingers crossed he doesn’t ) and tell me how that so called strength worked out for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back