The Manager Merry-go-Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I am not going around in circles with you like everyone else does. You can figure this one out for yourself.

Huh?

You realise I'm not arguing with you, right?

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Huh?

You realise I'm not arguing with you, right?

I know you are not. Sorry, it was a shitty response.

What I mean is that Poch might be more inclined to manage in the UK if it meant his family re-locating to another city in the UK. For whatever reason his wife hasn’t moved to Paris with their child. That could be because of school and various other factors. It probably won’t mean a whole lot anyway as I don’t imagine PSG would change managers mid-season.

I know you are not. Sorry, it was a shitty response.

What I mean is that Poch might be more inclined to manage in the UK if it meant his family re-locating to another city in the UK. For whatever reason his wife hasn’t moved to Paris with their child. That could be because of school and various other factors. It probably won’t mean a whole lot anyway as I don’t imagine PSG would change managers mid-season.

Yeah for sure, I'm just curious about where he'd live given their reluctance to move to Paris, whether they'd move to Manchester with him or if he'd live in London with them like (I think) Mourinho did.

I think I saw they'd want 10m compensation and have sounded out Zidane, so could well happen.

Yeah for sure, I'm just curious about where he'd live given their reluctance to move to Paris, whether they'd move to Manchester with him or if he'd live in London with them like (I think) Mourinho did.

I think I saw they'd want 10m compensation and have sounded out Zidane, so could well happen.

Mou lived at the Lowry.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Yeah, I read about the 10m compensation.

How old are pochs kids?

That'll probably decide where his wife stays.
Well, damn. I thought they were children but they are both over 20 and one of his sons happens to be a fitness coach at PSG (was also at Spurs with his dad). The other one plays for Watford.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Poch should just hold out until Feb. He'll have the Ligue 1 title won by then.

Seriously though dumb move to go mid season. He won't get a massive boost since pre seasons are massive for his staff.

Poch should just hold out until Feb. He'll have the Ligue 1 title won by then.

Seriously though dumb move to go mid season. He won't get a massive boost since pre seasons are massive for his staff.

So basically like Conte?

Poch has a club already where he will have a easy league title

Plus I'm sure many saw it as dumb move for Conte going to Tottenham

Sure, but he did it.

PSG may be cruising in the league but doesn't seem a happy place to be.

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
I can’t imagine winning a trophy just to stop social media idiots making jokes about him never winning anything will be a big factor in Poch’s decision.

He certainly doesn’t seem happy at PSG, and it’s not like he’d be accepting a job in non-league to leave. As much of a joke they’ve been Manchester United is still a massive job.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
I can’t imagine winning a trophy just to stop social media idiots making jokes about him never winning anything will be a big factor in Poch’s decision.

He certainly doesn’t seem happy at PSG, and it’s not like he’d be accepting a job in non-league to leave. As much of a joke they’ve been Manchester United is still a massive job.
Setting himself up for fail. When results aren't immediate by 2023 the English press will wheel out the Poch hasn't won a trophy is he fit for this job. Something that even being a league title winner in France can avoid so quickly. If united aren't right up there with the top 3 in his first season he'll rightly be in the firing line.

As bad as it may be in Paris just grin and bear it for 5 months. Collect a league title with ease and a healthy pay packet. His time at United won't be helped greatly going in December 2021 over May 2022

Setting himself up for fail. When results aren't immediate by 2023 the English press will wheel out the Poch hasn't won a trophy is he fit for this job. Something that even being a league title winner in France can avoid so quickly. If united aren't right up there with the top 3 in his first season he'll rightly be in the firing line.

As bad as it may be in Paris just grin and bear it for 5 months. Collect a league title with ease and a healthy pay packet. His time at United won't be helped greatly going in December 2021 over May 2022

If anyone tries to beat him over the head because he hasn't won a trophy, but wouldn't make a similar point just because he's won the French league, they aren't fit to have their opinion listened to.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs

Mammoth job, no one post SAF has been able to do anything really, all struggled.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

If Poch’s next 5-6 years are at United, it might benefit him to come in December 2021 to get a feel of the squad, lay the foundations of his system and see which players he wants to try to sell and positions in the squad he wants to buy. He might not have that knowledge next May/June.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs

We could use him coming right now thanks. Besides, if Poch is unhappy at PSG and really wants the United job (reports say he does), why not come now? He might not be that hell bent on collecting a Ligue 1 trophy, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back