Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Should James Hird be given a second chance at coaching an AFL club?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There's only one of us rushing to use emotive language here...

Nice to know you care so much about the topic though.
Yep, I have been mainly talking about Hird and Essendon and what they did to the players, you on the other hand have mainly talked about other clubs and drug use worldwide.

I think you are trying to justify his actions in your mind, he is your god.

Now I may be wrong, I give you that, but that is what I think

you on the other hand have mainly talked about other clubs

Half the clubs in the AFL were doing similar sh*t. Ya’ll aren’t ready for that conversation yet though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funnily enough, that was the comment chain I replied in to. So yes, that's exactly what I was intending to comment on. Amusingly, Yoda even pre-empted how this discussion would go.

I think you are trying to justify his actions in your mind

You'd be wrong.

he is your god

You'd be wrong again.

I may be wrong

You are.

Funnily enough, that was the comment chain I replied in to. So yes, that's exactly what I was intending to comment on. Amusingly, Yoda even pre-empted how this discussion would go.

You'd be wrong.

You'd be wrong again.

You are.
Great, you think I am naive and I think you try to justify Hirds actions because he is your god.

We got no-where in this thread except for those 2 thoughts, we did great.

See ya.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hirdy doesn't need the stress of it and certainly doesn't need the money.

he will eventually fall into a senior management gig at Essendon anyway.

But he was going to return to coaching he'd need to start from scratch, get his training and earn/work his way up.

Most of what you say I agree with.

The one thing I don't agree with is, you said "similar" to Essendon.

So you can rant and rave all you want, but we are talking about James Hird.
The evidence we know about points to him knowing what went on, players were treated like guinea pigs, no other club has been shown to do this, before or after.
You say the AFL is not about the exact same thing, well thank christ it's not, hows those financials going?

you should probably tread carefully, you are talking out your arse. There is no evidence of what you are claiming and actually there is evidence to the contrary.

Just remember Collingwood has produced more positive banned drug tests for players than Essendon has.

Last edited:
Great, you think I am naive and I think you try to justify Hirds actions because he is your god.

We got no-where in this thread except for those 2 thoughts, we did great.

See ya.

Well yes, I told you pages ago you wanted to remain naive.

I haven't justified Hird's actions nor called him a god, you made that up. Along with a few other things.

Well yes, I told you pages ago you wanted to remain naive.

I haven't justified Hird's actions nor called him a god, you made that up. Along with a few other things.
Except that's what I believe, it's a thread about James Hird and all you talk about is what other clubs do, so it sounds to me I am right.

You can say, not true all you like, but I have had words with you before, you have shown you don't believe much I say, so I will just do the same thank you very much.

Ok, that's it for me now, you can have the last word now, I am done.

hirdy doesn't need the stress of it and certainly doesn't need the money.

he will eventually fall into a senior management gig at Essendon anyway.

But he was going to return to coaching he'd need to start from scratch, get his training and earn/work his way up.

you should probably tread carefully, you are talking out your arse. There is no evidence of what you are claiming and actually there is evidence to the contrary.

Just remember Collingwood has produced more positive banned drug tests for players than Essendon has.
Another who wants to bring up Collingwoods drug tests, is this supposed to clear something up?

How are those financials going mate?

Except that's what I believe, it's a thread about James Hird and all you talk about is what other clubs do, so it sounds to me I am right.

You can say, not true all you like, but I have had words with you before, you have shown you don't believe much I say, so I will just do the same thank you very much.

Ok, that's it for me now, you can have the last word now, I am done.

As I said, I commented on a chain that related to the post I quoted from Yoda for you. It wasn't about Hird, despite being in the thread about Hird. Confusing I know, sometimes there's discussions that move beyond the thread title.

I don't know why you would think that when they were the only club being investigated.

Like the ACC were not investigating other clubs, so who else was going to "fall into their lap"?
Dunno mate, we’ll have to suffer a bloody underbelly “tell all” one day.

Yep, I have been mainly talking about Hird and Essendon and what they did to the players, you on the other hand have mainly talked about other clubs and drug use worldwide.

I think you are trying to justify his actions in your mind, he is your god.

Now I may be wrong, I give you that, but that is what I think
It might be worth remembering that, at first instance, an independent tribunal, applying the relevant standard of proof to the same facts in the same jurisdiction as the events you're referring to, found allegations unproven. Sure, a Swiss sports tribunal later reached a different conclusion. But the divergent decisions suggest the question of wrongdoing wasn't as straightforward as is often made out to justify the vitriol that’s followed.

Last edited:
Back