List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is talked about every off season, but if Clark gets first dibs at one HBF, what will the rest of the backline look like?

At least one or two players are going to have to be used in different positions.
Young and Clark are the distributors.

Pearce/Cox/Logue/Hamling/Chapman are the talls
Ryan/Walker/Wilson/ are mediums

Pearce/Cox/Ryan are IN

ONE spot to fill

I think it will be Walker but just as happy with Chapman or Logue.

One thing for sure is that we have some real depth and competition for spots! Good stuff.

That looks a bit too heavy.

Chappo up the ground, Logie to the back pocket to mind the small forwards.

Ryan Pearce Logue
Clark Cox Young

Aish Brayshaw Chappo

Does make more sense for Clark to be on the Wing, and Chappo HBF!
After he won 2 of the 4 x 1km time trials, I think Clark will need to come to grips with the fact we need him on the wing and to leave Walker and Wilson in the backline.

Clark on the half back means Darcy Tucker will be our starting wing in round 1

Not 100% on Wilson’s contract status, but if it is his last season on his contract, I can see the exit door has already been unlocked.
Nathan Wilson's situation was interesting. It was reported that the club was going to consider his contract during/after the trade period - he was out of contract, then signed for a single year not much later.

That made me think that the club offered him a deal for one year and he was expecting more money, so the club invited him to secure that contract elsewhere - and he couldn't - so signed to us quickly after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be that because of his frame he plays more of the in close defensive winger where as his fairly standard foot speed and high work rate would have him better suited to a seagull fat side winger role. Our game plan likes to send a fast forward out that way though.

I love your optimism and dearly hope you're right but Tucker hasn't torn a game up since he was 16. There must be a reason why he hasn't played much on a wing since then.
Just gotta look without blind judgement, circumstance. When he just arrived we had Hill,Hill and Langdon playing wing so learned inside craft, then we lost our hbf's and he was tried there. I feel like his best footy has been from the midfield kicking inside 50 from what I have seen.

Clark off half back is awesome news. Finally we’ll see Tucker running on the wing where he tore it up in juniors.
Tucker is basically our Chris Masten. Talked up every pre season - and played a grand total of 3 good games for the club. He’s not young anymore. If this was EPL or the NBA he would have been moved on by now. Come to think of it, if he was drafted late or as a rookie he would have suffered the same fate.

Not 100% on Wilson’s contract status, but if it is his last season on his contract, I can see the exit door has already been unlocked.
His contract ended last season. And he only signed a new one year deal after the season.

Regardless of Clark, I think the end is rapidly coming for Wilson

Just gotta look without blind judgement, circumstance. When he just arrived we had Hill,Hill and Langdon playing wing so learned inside craft, then we lost our hbf's and he was tried there. I feel like his best footy has been from the midfield kicking inside 50 from what I have seen.
Tucker can take Cerra’s role. His kicking inside 50 is elite, plus rare of any of the midfielders to take a ping 50m out. Tucker has that too. Think it’s more about what he’s confident of in his body. Has been shot ever since his hamstring injury.

Nathan Wilson's situation was interesting. It was reported that the club was going to consider his contract during/after the trade period - he was out of contract, then signed for a single year not much later.

That made me think that the club offered him a deal for one year and he was expecting more money, so the club invited him to secure that contract elsewhere - and he couldn't - so signed to us quickly after.
Doesn't help that he moved home to WA and has started his family, there was likely 0 chance he would move back across the country so we can just offer him 1 year deals now

I love your optimism and dearly hope you're right but Tucker hasn't torn a game up since he was 16. There must be a reason why he hasn't played much on a wing since then.
Never plays badly enough to feature in the “Vent” thread, rarely plays well enough for someone to bump his “Welcome” thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back