VolgaBoatman

All Australian
Apr 4, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
I called the club today to sort out the GF upgrade...all good..find out in February. What was interesting was how long it took to go through. I hate people jumping on the bandwagon but so glad our club is growing! :)
So I think you're in a pretty good position to get an upgrade package given 20 years of membership this year - I wouldn't have thought everyone will renew. Given I'm only at 11 years of membership, I might have to wait a bit.

Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, The Abbotsford Anglers
So I think you're in a pretty good position to get an upgrade package given 20 years of membership this year - I wouldn't have thought everyone will renew. Given I'm only at 11 years of membership, I might have to wait a bit.
yes, but we skipped the year our son was born because we had nobody to look after him, so there's a gap in there...think it puts us at 13 yrs, but still better than some

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
Apologies for the ancient pump. I've had the GF upgrade since 2013. I live in Hobart and have an interstate membership. I got an email from the club today saying that from 2023 I must upgrade my membership to a minimum 11 game general admission membership (which obviously I'll never use) or lose the GF upgrade component of my membership. I'm pretty annoyed to say the least. I haven't spoken with the club yet.
I'm a member because I like being a member, I get nothing from being a member bar a sticker and a pen, and don't really expect any more. I just want to put my money where my mouth is. But I do have the GF upgrade which is a good reason to keep my membership year to year. I hope to one day watch a winning GF sitting next to my family who have had memberships and upgrades since forever. Now I can't guarantee that due to some new rule.
I've gone to every game I can in Tassie (I've seen some thrashings) and would be a full game member if I lived in Perth.
I think this is pretty bullsh1t.
What do others think?

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
How much does a Tassie membership set you back?

The only thing I can think of is that people are loopholing and buying Tassie memberships + upgrades for way cheaper then 11 game memberships just to lock in their GF tix possibilities?

Otherwise why would they punish members paying money to the club

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
How much does a Tassie membership set you back?

The only thing I can think of is that people are loopholing and buying Tassie memberships + upgrades for way cheaper then 11 game memberships just to lock in their GF tix possibilities?

Otherwise why would they punish members paying money to the club
I think about $130 + the upgrade. Comes with 0 benefits apart from said sticker and pen. I've had a look at the memberpackages and I don't think they know where I am. It has an interstpackage with GF upgrade on there. I'll call the club today and find out.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I think about $130 + the upgrade. Comes with 0 benefits apart from said sticker and pen. I've had a look at the memberpackages and I don't think they know where I am. It has an interstpackage with GF upgrade on there. I'll call the club today and find out.
It's not cheap enough for people to justify buying that for a gf upgrade over the cheapest 11 seat ticket IMO

Club hopefully comes to their senses and reinstates it for you, totally unfair for interstate members, we should be trying to grow our interstate members, not chastise them

ignoramus

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Apologies for the ancient pump. I've had the GF upgrade since 2013. I live in Hobart and have an interstate membership. I got an email from the club today saying that from 2023 I must upgrade my membership to a minimum 11 game general admission membership (which obviously I'll never use) or lose the GF upgrade component of my membership. I'm pretty annoyed to say the least. I haven't spoken with the club yet.
I'm a member because I like being a member, I get nothing from being a member bar a sticker and a pen, and don't really expect any more. I just want to put my money where my mouth is. But I do have the GF upgrade which is a good reason to keep my membership year to year. I hope to one day watch a winning GF sitting next to my family who have had memberships and upgrades since forever. Now I can't guarantee that due to some new rule.
I've gone to every game I can in Tassie (I've seen some thrashings) and would be a full game member if I lived in Perth.
I think this is pretty bullsh1t.
What do others think?
Looks like it must've been a utensil-up:

Picture-2.png

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Looks like it must've been a utensil-up:

View attachment 1286496
That's as it stands now. Definitely changing.
I called the club and and got it sorted so well done to the club for doing that. I had to up my membership slightly but that's fine.
Does seem to be GF upgrades available to anyone that wants one ATM but from 2023 they will only be available of you have an 11 game membership as a minimum.
I argued member loyalty, we're asked to be loyal to them but get not much loyalty back.
I'm allowed to keep it so I'm happy.

Back