No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoughts go out to Ben Cunnington and his family at this time. Another reminder to check your balls fellas.

So the source of Tim Paines issues was 2017 - before Sandpapergate by a fair margin?

What’s more bizarre out of this scenario is that he’ll still get picked in the side despite his mediocre captaincy being the only thing keeping him in the side despite his average keeping and below average batting. There’s zero cause to keep a 37 year old in a side crying out for regeneration with Carey and Inglis capable of stepping up when the only reason he was being selected is no longer a factor. CA’s ability to make dumb decision after dumb decision is just utterly impressive.

What’s more bizarre out of this scenario is that he’ll still get picked in the side despite his mediocre captaincy being the only thing keeping him in the side despite his average keeping and below average batting. There’s zero cause to keep a 37 year old in a side crying out for regeneration with Carey and Inglis capable of stepping up when the only reason he was being selected is no longer a factor. CA’s ability to make dumb decision after dumb decision is just utterly impressive.
What is bizarre is the Cricket Captain is held to a higher standard than our politicians.

What is bizarre is the Cricket Captain is held to a higher standard than our politicians.

Well the Aussie cricket captain has long been said to be the second highest office in Australia after the PM. More Aussies generally like the Aussie captain also (until M Clarke's reign anyway) - so I guess the behavioural threshold becomes greater.

His batting isnt as bad as people make out .
Averages as much as quite a few of the top English top order and also covers some of our best wicket keeper bats ( Marsh/Healy ) comfortable average wise.
Gilchrist ruined keeper/batting standards for everyone .
Captaincy totally different discussion .

CA thought he would be a 12-18 month appointment , take the heat from sandpapergate then move him on when a candidate stepped up .
If it comes out after that , well not there issue .......didnt turn out that way CA and its a mess . Like most of their 'decisions'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s Tim Paine done that’s a big deal?

If you need that explained, it’s pointless explaining it.

What is interesting is Tassie Cricket saying he has been unfairly treated by Cricket Australia

I feel sorry for two people - the person receiving the picture and the supposedly lewd comments and his wife. They’ve had to deal with it then and now deal with it again.

What is interesting is Tassie Cricket saying he has been unfairly treated by Cricket Australia

I feel sorry for two people - the person receiving the picture and the supposedly lewd comments and his wife. They’ve had to deal with it then and now deal with it again.
I think tassie cricket and CA worked together to push it under the rug as they were informed 2 after he’d just been made captain. Couldn’t have a second scandal in such a short time.

Easier to pretend it didn’t happen. And now I feel Tassie cricket trying to cover themselves by sticking to the “nothing to see here” story.

If you need that explained, it’s pointless explaining it.

I feel sorry for his wife, but she has clearly accepted his apology & got on with their life together, so I think everyone should get over it
Move on

I feel sorry for his wife, but she has clearly accepted his apology & got on with their life together, so I think everyone should get over it
Move on

That was my point - they’ve been through and worked through all of this before and it’s awful that she’s having to do it again. It was obviously very low key last time and the number who knew, probably small and able to be contained, whereas this time it’s world wide. It was good to hear that she believes that supporting each other is helping.

I don’t know the details but I also thought it was he that released the information - maybe getting in first

Last edited:
What’s Tim Paine done that’s a big deal?

He’s in a leadership position and saw fit to be flirtatious with a colleague when he was married. I’m not puritanical about other people’s infidelity - but considering the position he was elevated to it does have a precedent of requiring people to be a certain type of character. Shane Warne was denied the captaincy on character grounds because he was a pants man. Also the captaincy had just been disgraced by Smith and Warner (as vice captain) so a clean skin was definitely required, Paine looked the part but clearly wasn’t.

Most of all though, flirty texts =/= consent to send someone a photo of your junk. Much like a bit of mutual flirting on a first date isn’t consent to just whip it out at the dinner table.

Overall, not a great look from someone elevated to an esteemed position that has long been more about character than it was talent.

That was my point - they’ve been through and worked through all of this before and it’s awful that she’s having to do it again. It was obviously very low key last time and the number who knew, probably small and able to be contained, whereas this time it’s world wide. It was good to hear that she believes that supporting each other is helping.

I don’t know the details but I also thought it was he that released the information - maybe getting in first
He got told a few weeks ago it was likely to go public then confirmed last week , so yeah got in first .

There has been mumerings of something behind the scenes for a few years , whats interesting is a few jorno's seemed to know while others had no idea at all eg Whately.

Another mess by CA

He’s in a leadership position and saw fit to be flirtatious with a colleague when he was married. I’m not puritanical about other people’s infidelity - but considering the position he was elevated to it does have a precedent of requiring people to be a certain type of character. Shane Warne was denied the captaincy on character grounds because he was a pants man. Also the captaincy had just been disgraced by Smith and Warner (as vice captain) so a clean skin was definitely required, Paine looked the part but clearly wasn’t.

Most of all though, flirty texts =/= consent to send someone a photo of your junk. Much like a bit of mutual flirting on a first date isn’t consent to just whip it out at the dinner table.

Overall, not a great look from someone elevated to an esteemed position that has long been more about character than it was talent.

Oh dear. Thanks. I genuinely didn’t know. So sexting scandal and d*** pic?

slight nit pick. He wasn’t in a leadership position at CA. Was he at tassie?

Oh dear. Thanks. I genuinely didn’t know. So sexting scandal and d*** pic?

Bingo! Sending a dick pic to someone he worked with goes a long way to explaining how terrible his captaincy tactics were.

slight nit pick. He wasn’t in a leadership position at CA. Was he at tassie?

You’re right, and no he wasn’t the Tassie captain at the time - however it was only a matter of months after this incident he was granted the captaincy and CA found out about it within 2 tests of his leadership. Definitely not hanging offences but CA should have relieved him of the captaincy duties.

You’re right, and no he wasn’t the Tassie captain at the time - however it was only a matter of months after this incident he was granted the captaincy and CA found out about it within 2 tests of his leadership. Definitely not hanging offences but CA should have relieved him of the captaincy duties.
It was a consensual exchange between two adults when he wasn’t employed by Cricket Australia. This should be between him and his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back