Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben King 202cm, 85kg at draft time

Tbh I wouldn’t be against picking up josh Rachele

some more fire power alongside Rankine and king

be a dangerous 1-2 small combo those 2

think Toby green and Rankine 😍

anyway won’t happen… carry on 🙌🏼

Was thinking that very thing the other day. Would give opposition coaches plenty to think about when deciding on a matchup for their best small defender, and possibly help Izak out a bit.

But yeah, that would likely be our Tambling / Franklin moment. Not even our football department could stuff it up that badly… or could they?

It's fine for a few people to say let's not get Mac Andrews but how about offering up an alternative as to who you would rather pick?

This isn't the 2017 or 2018 drafts where there are guaranteed guns throughout the top 10. The drop off happens right after Callaghan so we are picking the best of the rest. We don't need another inside mid or a small forward. We need key position players.

Andrews has special talent that will take time to develop, but there doesn't appear to be an obvious difference maker that we are passing up to do so.

Not many key forwards contribute significantly early in their careers. It's only now Lukosius and King bodies start looking decent.

After two pre-seasons Andrew could be 85+kg. Why not to debut as forward in 2nd season? He is fast, will be difficult to stop on lead. Jeffrey debuted while on 80kg.

BTW, Chol is 94kg.

If we pick up Andrew and can resign King and Lukosius we should have a good spread of young talls coming through.

Rucks - Moyle and Andrew
Forwards - Jeffrey, Lukosius and King
Defence - Block (Hope he makes it)

All 22 and under. Exciting times ahead if they develop into A-B grade players

Not many key forwards contribute significantly early in their careers. It's only now Lukosius and King bodies start looking decent.

After two pre-seasons Andrew could be 85+kg. Why not to debut as forward in 2nd season? He is fast, will be difficult to stop on lead. Jeffrey debuted while on 80kg.

BTW, Chol is 94kg.
Jack Martin & Wil Powell were drafted as sticks and played like sticks. Weight is not that hard to put on, he'll be fine. Luko & King both stacked it on easily

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy draft day.

One way or another, the outcome will be known tonight. Whomever it may be. If its Andrew, good luck to him. He'll be a sun and thats that.

I Dono how competitive teams supporters do it.
Im Nervous and we always have a top 5 pick

unlike having your first pick in the 40s or whatever…
Eff that.

I Dono how competitive teams supporters do it.
Im Nervous and we always have a top 5 pick

unlike having your first pick in the 40s or whatever…
Eff that.
Yeah, I remember in 2019 I had to wait til pick 40 to get the pies first pick.

I think its easier when you're challenging because you feel you have a good enough time that any player you get is just added bonus. I've only paid attention to the draft since 2017. I think it can be nerve wrecking for anyone, whether you are a top pick or a bottom pick, new blood always brings so much excitement to the club.

Today I like to call it Nick Daicos day, but other people may call it draft day haha.

Time to head to training. Enjoy the day people!

I heard rumours of a red headed cross sports athlete shooting up the Suns draft board 😉

Maybe if it was 2011 when I was draft age and able to be molded into something resembling a football player... Now my sciatica gives me hell for half a week after I go karting, I'll stick to my almost-a-sport sports thanks :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back