Players you are surprised are still on an AFL list

Remove this Banner Ad

Steven Motlop

David Swallow played 21 games this year.

That blows my mind.

Josh Walker. Funny part is he's been a pretty decent stop gap at both North and Brisbane. Just the epitome of forgettable and he'll probably play pretty much every game next year.

He's been extremely lucky to play for a club that hasn't been able to keep its KPD or KPF stocks healthy for any extended period of time. I believe he's only missed one game in the past two years, but with everyone fit he would never be best 22. He's mostly been playing KPD to cover for Corr and Tarrant, and a couple of times as a forward with disastrous results. Occasionally he looks like a decent defender in a 1 on 1 contest, the biggest problem for him is that sometimes he takes a mark or wins a free. Invariably, he elects to wait 20 seconds for the opposition to set up their defense and then bomb it long down the line to no one in particular. One can only assume he found a copy of Brad Scott's gameplan in a drawer somewhere at Arden St.

I was looking through the GC17 list after the Greenwood debacle and couldn't believe David Swallow was still playing!
If ever there was a case for the Mandella Effect, this is it.

Retired some time around 2016 yet somehow slipped into this universe where he played 100 more games of footy.

I was looking through the GC17 list after the Greenwood debacle and couldn't believe David Swallow was still playing!
he's the reigning "World's Okayest Football"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone mentioned Dean Kent?

Attachments

• images (2) (22).jpeg
    images (2) (22).jpeg
    13.2 KB · Views: 65
  • images (2) (23).jpeg
    images (2) (23).jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 69
Ryan Clarke is that forgotten that he hasn’t even been mentioned in this thread

Rory Atkins. Couldn't Believe when the Gold Coast gave him 2 year Contract when he couldn't get a game in a bad Adelaide side

Ryan Clarke is that forgotten that he hasn’t even been mentioned in this thread
So forgettable that my brain read this as Raph Clarke and I immediately thought to myself “surely not…”

Rory Atkins. Couldn't Believe when the Gold Coast gave him 2 year Contract when he couldn't get a game in a bad Adelaide side

5 year deal actually.

Mason Cox, Jack Newnes, Tom Campbell.
More but they a few off top of my head.

Majak Daw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back