Banter TRTT Part 12: Get Your Bowels Checked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walkabout - an early Nicholas Roeg fillum with Jenny Agutter as 'Girl', although quite a well developed one.

Walkabout, Logan's Run, American Werewolf in London - Jenny must have had a "gratuitous nudity" clause in her contract in those days.

Nowhere To Run
Sudden Death
Maximum Risk
Timecop

Bloodsport is from the 80s

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Not having the best one:

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Mostly before implants existed too. An absolute golden age for knockers
And body hair.

So weird that in the early 00s Pierce Brosnan was still considered a sex symbol with an average body and a chest that had never seen any sort of grooming whilst bedding Halle Berry. Not long later and it's all smooth as baby with the kind of body that Arnold Schwarzenegger would find it difficult to stand out amongst and it's been that way ever since, that's the minimum to even get a role in a comedy or drama film.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And body hair.

So weird that in the early 00s Pierce Brosnan was still considered a sex symbol with an average body and a chest that had never seen any sort of grooming whilst bedding Halle Berry. Not long later and it's all smooth as baby with the kind of body that Arnold Schwarzenegger would find it difficult to stand out amongst and it's been that way ever since, that's the minimum to even get a role in a comedy or drama film.

You look at 50’s - 70’s action stars and they’d be lucky to get roles as average joe extras. I have no problem with action stars/ superhero’s now having to look the part, but Romcoms and any really non action/super hero movie, why can’t more ordinary guys be the lead? (Obviously given movies they’d need to be good looking, but why the need to be all buff)?

GoPorts

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Screenshot_20211124-184242_Chrome.jpg

this ad seems like it's for a reputable health insurance company

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
You look at 50’s - 70’s action stars and they’d be lucky to get roles as average joe extras. I have no problem with action stars/ superhero’s now having to look the part, but Romcoms and any really non action/super hero movie, why can’t more ordinary guys be the lead? (Obviously given movies they’d need to be good looking, but why the need to be all buff)?
How many comedies has the rock been in? Like * off. * right off.

Sleezy

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How many comedies has the rock been in? Like fu** off. fu** right off.

The Rock is both legitimately funny, and also has the charisma needed to anchor big dumb action movies.

Dave Bautista on the other hand... was actually really good in a Blade Runner 2049.

What was I saying again?

So today I was accused of misogyny in the workplace for using the word "missus", full context I said "the missus isn't sleeping well as she's 30 weeks pregnant."

Pretty upset to be labelled that way to be honest.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So today I was accused of misogyny in the workplace for using the word "missus", full context I said "the missus isn't sleeping well as she's 30 weeks pregnant."

Pretty upset to be labelled that way to be honest.
Clearly you should have said the unborn human carrying partner isn't sleeping well. Are you still working in the public sector? They are certainly more actively looking for reasons to be offended, but the race for most hard done by seems to be spreading beyond those cosy confines unfortunately.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually not minding Tiger King season 2 so far, nothing will match the first but it's interesting learning more about Joe and the whole culture cult of personality thing in the early episodes.

It's not directionless cash grab... Yet

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Rock is both legitimately funny, and also has the charisma needed to anchor big dumb action movies.

Dave Bautista on the other hand... was actually really good in a Blade Runner 2049.

What was I saying again?
Dave Bautista is good in everything.

I agree Rock has charisma but seeing a person that size and that ripped in some of the roles he is in, is immersion breaking. Not realistic, not necessary. It makes sense in Ballers, that could be it.

Sleezy

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dave Bautista is good in everything.

I agree Rock has charisma but seeing a person that size and that ripped in some of the roles he is in, is immersion breaking. Not realistic, not necessary. It makes sense in Ballers, that could be it.

Jumanji

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back