Hawthorn AFLW! WE NOW HAVE A TEAM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any indication on how we will be putting together a list?

We will just have to pick from players not already listed with other clubs (i.e. leftovers of sorts)? Will we get additional picks at the draft? Will we have some license to poach (where AFL compensates) ala Gold Coast's (men's) introduction?

Both prior rounds of expansion allowed signing of priority undrafted Free Agents as well as uncontracted AFLW players.

Beyond a certain point expansion teams have had to trade for additional players - from memory Richmond did this with either Conti or Brennan.

Nothing has been announced for this round of expansion but it would be expected that this happens within the next few months prior to State League and underage seasons starting next year.

Does anyone know if our women’s team will have a specially designed jumper ?
I’m ordering jumpers for our junior girls team.
Luckily the club I’m involved in has permission from HFC to use Hawks jumpers
Which has made my kids love playing for their junior club
Id assume they will continue to west to the brown and gold stripes similar to north Melbourne and Collingwood

Ash Browne mentioned on Hawks Insiders spaces last night that there’s a belief that quite a few women at other AFLW clubs will be keen to play under Goddard next year and that some who started at Box Hill VFLW would look to come back to Hawthorn.

Ash Browne mentioned on Hawks Insiders spaces last night that there’s a belief that quite a few women at other AFLW clubs will be keen to play under Goddard next year and that some who started at Box Hill VFLW would look to come back to Hawthorn.
Yep.

We can't underestimate what a draw card she'll be.

Interesting to see abbey Holmes continuing to train, guernsey #31. Brooksby must flying to Adelaide to play around his hawthorn job, rather than vice versa. Assuming she’ll only play where her media commitments allow. Think she only had a single game for hawthorn last year

Last edited:
Interesting to see abbey Holmes continuing to train, guernsey #31. Brooksby must flying to Adelaide to play around his hawthorn job, rather than vice Berea. Assuming she’ll only play where her media commitments allow. Think she only had a single game for hawthorn last year
Shell play a few games. She's committed to the AFLW Hawks already, but will want to put in a good performance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back