Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
FB_IMG_1637480796745.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
So, it's looking like the pic was originally consensual. The lady in question is now being sacked for stealing, and has decided to burn the place to the ground on her way out. Nobody is coming out of this looking good.

Paine is now known to have been having an affair (even if it was only a one-night-stand), while his newly married wife was pregnant.
Cricket Australia covered the whole thing up, appointing one problematic Captain to replace another they'd just sacked.
The female in question is now revealed to be gutter trash - a thief, who has decided to smear Paine for something she happily consented to 4 years ago.

Moral of the story: photos can hang around a lot longer than relationships, so when it comes to that kind of picks - just don't.

Why is the woman involved “gutter trash”, looking through your post it seems you are forming a pretty strong opinion of this woman based on orchestrated media releases?

How would you describe TP in all this? Unlucky? Silly? What type of trash is he?

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Why is the woman involved “gutter trash”, looking through your post it seems you are forming a pretty strong opinion of this woman based on orchestrated media releases?

How would you describe TP in all this? Unlucky? Silly? What type of trash is he?
Similar IMO.

She's pulled this out after he was about to get sacked from her job.

He did it while his wife was at home nursing a newborn.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows

Thief, who knowingly conducts an affair with a married man - and then tries to blackmail Cricket Tasmania/Cricket Australia, when she's on the way out.

How else are we expected to see her?

*** In no way am I seeking to excuse Tim Paine, whose own behaviour was appallingly bad. Playing around while your wife is pregnant with your baby is just plain disgusting.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Both parties behaviour was abhorrent. However, being three years has passed by, surely we owe it to the innocent party to not hyperventilate over an issue they long since moved past. No laws were broken, it's just a marriage issue.

I don't think this issue warranted him giving up test captaincy either. Man, if social media was around in the playboy days of the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s many captains would be undone.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Watching today I'm worried about Lloyd Pope's progression, or lack of it.

This pitch is spinning. Swepson is going to be a real handful. But he's struggling to have an impact and his control has been poor.

He simply doesn't land enough of his stock balls in the right spot. A few good ones mixed in with full tosses, short balls, wide balls outside off stump and stuff down leg side.

Can't build pressure. The captain can't keep him on because runs just flow. And it doesn't appear as if his control is improving. He's still young (especially for a spinner) but the question is should he be playing Shield cricket now or should he be honing his craft at 2nd XI and club level? I've been a supporter and thought he'd improve with game time but it doesn't seem to be happening.

I remember watching Murali in the nets land ball after ball after ball within a handkerchief of a leaf that he'd put down. Pope would be missing a beach towel. I know Murali is almost world's best but there's a gulf between Pope's control and what it needs to be in order to be competitive at Shield level.

Back