Scandal Collingwood star Jordan De Goey charged with indecent assault - NO sexual jokes or inappropriate comments.

NOTE: No jokes about sexual assault or the alleged victim. Keep it clean, civil and remember Jordan De Goey has only been charged at this stage and NOT found guilty of anything.

Last edited:

Occidental

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
apparently sexual assault being extremely difficult to prove, leading to many going unreported or unpunished, is apparently funny.

guess we know what kind of person he is now.
There is absolutely nothing funny about sexual assault. I wholeheartedly agree.

It was your post that I found hilarious.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
There is absolutely nothing funny about sexual assault. I wholeheartedly agree.

It was your post that I found hilarious.
so you admit you think its funny that sexual assault is incredibly difficult to prove in court meaning that many cases are dropped simply because of the inability to provide such evidence, and that people get let off even with high levels of evidence such as video.

Occidental

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
so you admit you think its funny that sexual assault is incredibly difficult to prove in court meaning that many cases are dropped simply because of the inability to provide such evidence, and that people get let off even with high levels of evidence such as video.
No. It’s not funny that sexual assault is incredibly difficult to prove in court.

What I found hilarious was your statement “I absolutely believe the sexual assault happened”.
You have no knowledge, information or evidence by which you could make such a definitive statement.
Your belief is absolute. That is hilarious. Or if you prefer - ludicrous, ridiculous, shortsighted, ignorant, biased, conflated, exaggerated et al.

TakingThePies

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
So share with us what actually happened, if you know.

Why all this hint hint, nudge-nudge-wink-wink, "I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin' " stuff?
I literally did share what happened... Woman was stealing, had warnings already about stealing. She wanted to party with the boys, they said no, as she wanted the drinks. Cracked the shits, told blokes that De Goey and mate had done s**t to her, brawl ensued.

De Goey wouldn't be coming back next week if this was serious.

TakingThePies

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is it just me or the comments McRae spoke the other day about JDG suggests he won't play for Collingwood again, no matter what happens in court in a couple of weeks ?
Complete opposite... He called out the morons that had no idea of the situation who tried to hunt De Goey. Turns out he didn't do anything wrong bar self defence.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Complete opposite... He called out the morons that had no idea of the situation who tried to hunt De Goey. Turns out he didn't do anything wrong bar self defence.
Did he not just say "I have learned over time to see how the person is doing first."?

Is it just me or the comments McRae spoke the other day about JDG suggests he won't play for Collingwood again, no matter what happens in court in a couple of weeks ?

No.

If that were the case then when asked “Is JDG welcome back at Collingwood?” then wouldn’t he have simply answered “No”?

The outcome of the case will provide input into the club sanction (as it should) but that doesn’t necessarily mean that if he gets off then there’ll be no sanction.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
No.

If that were the case then when asked “Is JDG welcome back at Collingwood?” then wouldn’t he have simply answered “No”?

The outcome of the case will provide input into the club sanction (as it should) but that doesn’t necessarily mean that if he gets off then there’ll be no sanction.

Taking aside what might have occurred in the bar, I’m guessing that Collingwood are internally furious with JDG for the fact that just as the perception in the media was that he had matured and was getting his act together, he went out and got blind (after receiving an exemption for “special training”) while documenting it on social media.* Regardless of whether or not he is guilty I do wonder if this might be the straw that breaks the camel’s back here.

*Before anyone jumps in I have absolutely no problems with players getting drunk/high. Just that when you’ve got his history you have to be extra careful about how you behave, and how that behaviour is perceived.

Taking aside what might have occurred in the bar, I’m guessing that Collingwood are internally furious with JDG for the fact that just as the perception in the media was that he had matured and was getting his act together, he went out and got blind (after receiving an exemption for “special training”) while documenting it on social media.* Regardless of whether or not he is guilty I do wonder if this might be the straw that breaks the camel’s back here.

*Before anyone jumps in I have absolutely no problems with players getting drunk/high. Just that when you’ve got his history you have to be extra careful about how you behave, and how that behaviour is perceived.

- I reckon the club would be more furious that JDG has drawn undesirable attention on himself yet again.

- It was JDG’s mate who put all this on social media, but JDG did seem to be a willing participant. If they hadn’t gotten arrested and put in the lockup overnight then nobody would have cared much about JDG having a big night out in the off-season.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
JDG should be charged by Victorian Police for theft from Collingwood Football Club.

Dude has fraudulently pretended to be a "star" for five years and dishonestly relieved CFC about $600k a year over fair market value

Should pay back CFC $3 million.
Reckon Isaac Heeney's been earning even more to put up similarly disappointing results despite overwhelming fanfare

Crashy

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2018
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adelaide Strikers
JDG should be charged by Victorian Police for theft from Collingwood Football Club.

Dude has fraudulently pretended to be a "star" for five years and dishonestly relieved CFC about $600k a year over fair market value

Should pay back CFC $3 million.

Mitch McGovern should be on death row then

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Reckon Isaac Heeney's been earning even more to put up similarly disappointing results despite overwhelming fanfare

There wouldnt be a club without a few. I'll personally put in a complaint to WAPOL to recoup most of Gov's $ from last season.

Reckon Jack Darling owes a few $ too

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
There wouldnt be a club without a few. I'll personally put in a complaint to WAPOL to recoup most of Gov's $ from last season.

Reckon Jack Darling owes a few $ too
WillHayward loves a collingwood s**t stir... I reckon they account for 90% of his posts

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Which people have been videoed sexually assaulting someone and then been let off?

Back