Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
As Awakening has asked here, it's a good question. It seems to be taking a longer time than usual to make charges.

With the arrest of Greg Lynn is there a chance David & Greg knew each other? Both in high level careers, both lived in Melbourne's west, both hunted and camped, both around the same age.

If he was there the same weekend as the Prideaux disapperance im sure it will be leaked shortly as there will be evidence (phone pings, images taken etc). But doubt it, seems a stretch too far.

If he was there the same weekend as the Prideaux disapperance im sure it will be leaked shortly as there will be evidence (phone pings, images taken etc). But doubt it, seems a stretch too far.

Yeah, agree it's a stretch. I posted a link to the ABC article earlier about how Hill/Clay, Becker and Whitlock all disappeared in the same larger geographical area, plus Prideaux before them, but if the Hill/Clay perp is responsible for all of them, there's a much bigger cause for concern!

Rumor his first wife past away in mysterious circumstances … unconfirmed source.
He also enjoyed solo camping …

Uh-oh. If police come out and say a different coloured Patrol was in the vicinity each time one of the other 'disappearances' from this article occurred, Kurve needs to go back to Google street view and post more photos!

Yeah, agree it's a stretch. I posted a link to the ABC article earlier about how Hill/Clay, Becker and Whitlock all disappeared in the same larger geographical area, plus Prideaux before them, but if the Hill/Clay perp is responsible for all of them, there's a much bigger cause for concern!

Stranger things .... Robert Hansen a respectable citizen and a serial killer, owned a bakery and was an expert pilot who hunted down and killed 17 in the wilderness before he was caught. Nobody knows how many Israel Keyes picked off in the bush.

Cold blooded killer definitely firming in the market...

Got me stuffed how Neil's Becker just vanished into thin air 6 months earlier. There are so many walkers out there walking these tracks, but nothing has been seen of him

Also, what sort of evidence would the perpetrator be trying to cover up by burning the campsite?

If the campsite was left untouched, it would be more than likely that it would be assumed that Russell and Carol were lost. Provided you disposed of the bodies well enough, it would be likely that murder wouldn't be the assumption.

Stranger things .... Robert Hansen a respectable citizen and a serial killer, owned a bakery and was an expert pilot who hunted down and killed 17 in the wilderness before he was caught. Nobody knows how many Israel Keyes picked off in the bush.

Thanks, looked them up - truly disturbing. Hope that's not what we're facing here. :(

Also, what sort of evidence would the perpetrator be trying to cover up by burning the campsite?

If the campsite was left untouched, it would be more than likely that it would be assumed that Russell and Carol were lost. Provided you disposed of the bodies well enough, it would be likely that murder wouldn't be the assumption.

That's a critical question isn't it. That tent must have had something incriminating, and incriminating enough to burn all of the tent, contents and other items like camp chairs, gas bottle, etc - or maybe he was just paranoid? Or somewhere in between.

That's a critical question isn't it. That tent must have had something incriminating, and incriminating enough to burn all of the tent, contents and other items like camp chairs, gas bottle, etc - or maybe he was just paranoid? Or somewhere in between.

I think it goes against the idea of a serial killer. A serial killer would likely be more calculated and pick a more opportune time where they don't have to leave a trace. Nothing about this seems premeditated to me or the work of an experienced killer. It's way too clumsy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The image of the vehicle evening was supposedly early Sunday morning after dawn heading down GAR. Couple radioed at 6.30pm the night before, all was good. Vehicle was seen turning around at Abbeyard gate around midnight, a 1 hour drive approximately from the campsite, putting departure time around 10.30 to 11pm.

Could be something in your theory, may have ran them over in the dark by accident or due to being pissed. That would put time of the incident at somewhere after 8pm. Now what would he be doing between 8pm and departing camp at around 10.30 to 11pm other than throwing everything in a pile and burning it (must have taken all of 5-10 mins)?

This could be the period where he went into panic mode and hid the bodies somewhere. Either using his own vehicle or the couple's vehicle.
There problem is with the theory of being run over is there would have been tyre tracks or some physical evidence left afterwards. I am sure that the Police have already covered that one.

I agree it's a stretch but still curious if there's a connection. Were they friends on Facebook were they members of the same gun club. Not that Lynn would have to know Prideaux to kill him. I think there's a 2 year age difference between them.

The thing that's niggled me about this case is that 2 people were allegedly killed in an altercation. I can buy the altercation scenario.

But it's one thing to "accidentally" kill one person and then go whoops, now I'm going to have kill you too and take a second person out. That seems to fit more with someone who is comfortable with killing, who may have done it before and got away with it so is confident he can get away with it again.

And Lynn has resprayed his car twice? I'm not a car person but I didn't think respraying your car was common. I would of thought most people never have a car resprayed let alone do it twice in 20 years.

He was in their tent ratting around to make sure he had all their devices? Anything that might contain images. Their sleeping bags were missing as well so he must have been in there. Burning it all would fry any DNA/prints he may have left behind and made it difficult for investigators to work out what else was missing as well.

As Awakening has asked here, it's a good question. It seems to be taking a longer time than usual to make charges.

With the arrest of Greg Lynn is there a chance David & Greg knew each other? Both in high level careers, both lived in Melbourne's west, both hunted and camped, both around the same age.
When did he paint his patrol from White to Blue...

The latest article on The Age mentions that the trailer is still unnacounted for, not surprising that it's not at his house which looks like a townhouse with limited off-street parking.
Probably has off-site storage and/or destroyed it if it was used for anything nefarious.

So according to reports "It is understood police had spoken to Greg Lynn last year after identifying his vehicle had been in the area at the time the pair went missing"

So that's some serious cat and mouse these last few weeks with all the "unknown patrol" business. Most of us had already suspected they had blurred the rego, but not that they had talked.

Yeh I'm an avid firearms owner/collector and hunter and do take light offence at how firearms ownership can be thrown around by the news media as some sort of indictment of something dodgy. I might just be overly sensitive to it.

I’m a very casual sporting shooter and it pisses me off to no end.

If any incident happened at the site and there was blood of the victims at the scene then they’d suspect they hadn’t got lost.

Back