The Manager Merry-go-Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Setting himself up for fail. When results aren't immediate by 2023 the English press will wheel out the Poch hasn't won a trophy is he fit for this job. Something that even being a league title winner in France can avoid so quickly. If united aren't right up there with the top 3 in his first season he'll rightly be in the firing line.

As bad as it may be in Paris just grin and bear it for 5 months. Collect a league title with ease and a healthy pay packet. His time at United won't be helped greatly going in December 2021 over May 2022
He’s coached Espanyol, Saints and Spurs …not exactly places to win titles. You’re overthinking it.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
We could use him coming right now thanks. Besides, if Poch is unhappy at PSG and really wants the United job (reports say he does), why not come now? He might not be that hell bent on collecting a Ligue 1 trophy, who knows.
Why walk away from a league title? It would have to be seriously ****ed to in Paris to consider that. There'd never be an easier league title for him to win. And would waiting really cost him the United job? His main competitor for the role ten hag also would want to wait until end of season so it's not like he'd be put under pressure by you guys to make an instant move

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
But this is Poch we are talking about who even after being treated like s**t by Levy, continually talks up his love for the club. The man is a little nuts and emotional. So logic doesnt always apply

Why walk away from a league title? It would have to be seriously f’ed to in Paris to consider that. There'd never be an easier league title for him to win. And would waiting really cost him the United job? His main competitor for the role ten hag also would want to wait until end of season so it's not like he'd be put under pressure by you guys to make an instant move

Probably why it's so meaningless to him..

Maybe he should take over at Fulham for 6 months and win that title.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why walk away from a league title? There'd never be an easier league title for him to win.

You answered your own question. No PSG manager gets credit for winning the league, so why stick around if he’s unhappy? Just so he can say to his critics that he’s won a league? I suspect he’s someone who doesn’t live his life based on what his critics say about him.

The Man United job is better than the PSG job, if he can go there now then there’s no reason to wait.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
You answered your own question. No PSG manager gets credit for winning the league, so why stick around if he’s unhappy? Just so he can say to his critics that he’s won a league? I suspect he’s someone who doesn’t live his life based on what his critics say about him.

The Man United job is better than the PSG job, if he can go there now then there’s no reason to wait.
My point is he can get the United job regardless at the end of the season. And with a pretty free ride to a league title. I doubt United put it to him that it is now or never. Different case if they did because long term the United job suits him better. But for now it seems a bit pointless to go try and get 4th with United vs compete for the CL and win his first ever league title when he can just do both if he waits it out.

My point is he can get the United job regardless at the end of the season. And with a pretty free ride to a league title. I doubt United put it to him that it is now or never. Different case if they did because long term the United job suits him better. But for now it seems a bit pointless to go try and get 4th with United vs compete for the CL and win his first ever league title when he can just do both if he waits it out.

At the end of the season United might give it to Ten Hag, especially if Poch has passed them over to win a Ligue 1 title.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
At the end of the season United might give it to Ten Hag, especially if Poch has passed them over to win a Ligue 1 title.
ETH would only get the job because they see him as the better option now and by then. They're both likely to say wait until then and if they go with ten hag it's because that's who they really wanted. Is it really a good idea going in early as 2nd choice and getting the job just because you agreed to jump ship quicker?

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Or he can join United now, make sure they do get 4th which may not happen with an interim, and give himself essentially a 9 month pre-season to get his ideas across and be primed for a title challenge next season. All the while being closer to his family and in a less toxic environment, which is what it apparently is at PSG.

Pochettino has repeatedly said that he prefers a project, he’s even said it while at PSG which hasn’t gone down well with the fans and media over there. He’s probably licking his lips at the prospect of managing United.

Last edited:
ETH would only get the job because they see him as the better option now and by then. They're both likely to say wait until then and if they go with ten hag it's because that's who they really wanted. Is it really a good idea going in early as 2nd choice and getting the job just because you agreed to jump ship quicker?

Why would he be going in early as the 2nd choice?

Again, overthinking it.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Why walk away from a league title? It would have to be seriously f’ed to in Paris to consider that. There'd never be an easier league title for him to win. And would waiting really cost him the United job? His main competitor for the role ten hag also would want to wait until end of season so it's not like he'd be put under pressure by you guys to make an instant move
Last time he waited
He has wanted the job for years and missed out to Mou and Ole previously. He doesn't want to miss out again. Waiting until the end of the season relies on Woodward not making any stupid decisions / changing his mind.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Last time he waited
He has wanted the job for years and missed out to Mou and Ole previously. He doesn't want to miss out again. Waiting until the end of the season relies on Woodward not making any stupid decisions / changing his mind.
Relying on Woodward not doing something stupid in the next 5 months isn't really a good reason to sign up and work with Woodward straight away. I get that Leonardo and Paris is toxic but going to Woodward and the Glazers early is hardly a massive upgrade. Not to mention the difference in quality in playing groups. The project at Untied long term is perfect for Poch but if Woodward has any clue he'd make it work around whatever Poch wants rather than giving him the ultimatum of now or never.

I just don't see massive benefits that Poch gets in results instantly this season, or see too much in 5 months that him and his staff couldn't work out in a few weeks on who should stay or go in a couple weeks of pre-season. Your 22/23 campaign with Poch will be the same whether he comes now or in May. You'll be favourites for that 4th spot but nothing more than that, unless the top 3 completely blow up in the summer. It's the 23/24 seasons and beyond that is when you'll push for titles under Poch and joining in Dec 2021 or May 2022 isn't going to push that out.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Relying on Woodward not doing something stupid in the next 5 months isn't really a good reason to sign up and work with Woodward straight away. I get that Leonardo and Paris is toxic but going to Woodward and the Glazers early is hardly a massive upgrade. Not to mention the difference in quality in playing groups. The project at Untied long term is perfect for Poch but if Woodward has any clue he'd make it work around whatever Poch wants rather than giving him the ultimatum of now or never.

I just don't see massive benefits that Poch gets in results instantly this season, or see too much in 5 months that him and his staff couldn't work out in a few weeks on who should stay or go in a couple weeks of pre-season. Your 22/23 campaign with Poch will be the same whether he comes now or in May. You'll be favourites for that 4th spot but nothing more than that, unless the top 3 completely blow up in the summer. It's the 23/24 seasons and beyond that is when you'll push for titles under Poch and joining in Dec 2021 or May 2022 isn't going to push that out.
Poch wants it now though.

sh*t must be seriously bad to want that considering that lead and playing group that he is walking away from

I just don't think Poch cares about the French title as much as you seem to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back