Society/Culture Kyle Rittenhouse

Remove this Banner Ad

The video (and the fact they sang the theme song for him) doesn't speak for itself?
It started as 4chan taking the piss and the media and twitter idiots loosing their collective minds over it. Whatever it has become was their creation.

I suppose it sells print though.

Just so you understand.

He didn't take a gun across state lines, he isn't a white supremacist and no black people where killed (despite what the media is still trying to make people believe).

Why does it matter if he took it across state lines or not in the grand scheme of things? I mean apart from legal technicalities?

If I live in Tweed Heads and shoot some people in Twwed Heads how is that materially different to going to the Gold Coast and shooting people?

Forest/trees.

If you're standing with the Proud Boys doing that sign with others it looks like a signal for white supremacy.

Blame the white supremacists for co-opting it

Yeah it's context, like the Swastika is ok in patterns outside a Balinese hotel, but painted on a flag carried by a skinhead it's kinda different.

FFS a normal person who took the lives of others in self defence would need a bit of time to deal it with mentally I would have thought. Appears not to be the case. Looking more and more like he is a bad person.
He is being given the red carpet treatment by those that have been telling him he had done nothing wrong. The cult of the celebrity is too hard to pass up for him and his family.

Not sure I would mark him for life for this photo or the media campaign.

It started as 4chan taking the piss and the media and twitter idiots loosing their collective minds over it. Whatever it has become was their creation.

I suppose it sells print though.

You didn't really answer the question.

They sung him the song, then posed for the photo while they all flashed the sign. Nothing to do with the trial, but I reckon most on this board would be able to see that for what it is without any help from 4chan or the media. I hadn't heard about it until a few days ago, for example.

Last edited:
He is being given the red carpet treatment by those that have been telling him he had done nothing wrong. The cult of the celebrity is too hard to pass up for him and his family.

True - he is only 18 after all. All this s**t may be doing damage for all we know. He is just being used unfortunately.

On this day in 1859, Charles Darwin, published "On the Origin of Species."
In it he explained his theory of evolution through the process of natural selection. While it illustrated the astonishing diversity of life and gave explanation for how it came about, it also emphasised the connectedness of all things including us, humans, with each other and other life forms. Our connectedness may be getting lost in this thread, as it is elsewhere, via easy characterizations and dismissiveness of the other. It is then a short distance to other behaviours the 20th Century is infamous for. I offer you in celebration of our connectedness, a nice little sermon from Stephen Fry.

FFS a normal person who took the lives of others in self defence would need a bit of time to deal it with mentally I would have thought. Appears not to be the case. Looking more and more like he is a bad person.

It would be bloody hard to resist as an 18 year old, not just the cash from stuff like the Tucker interview but the 15 mins of fame generally.

But yeah probably not doing his image any favours. Although I suspect it doesn't move the needle one iota PR wise, it's not like either side of the argument would hold much different an opinion of him was he not doing that stuff.

it's not like either side of the argument would hold much different an opinion of him was he not doing that stuff
If he really did come out and say he supports people protesting for better treatment of black populations, and publicly rejected advances to appear on the worst of the alt-right shows, picked a balanced, professional news organisation to talk to, that would probably get many people to at least listen to his own side of the story.

I know I would more readily accept that he isn’t revelling in the notoriety as it looks like he is now.

If the shoe was on the other foot, and it was say an Africa or Asian American who went to one of those nutjob Proud Boys rallies/protests and shot up/killed a couple of crazy loons who attended that protest, do you think most of the people happy Rittenhouse got off.

Think you are being a bit naive if you think Race has not clouded many people's biases in this case, at least in the US.

I don’t quite understand your point but in your scenario I’d say the right would support the shooters being convicted and the left would support the shooters.

I’d tend to agree. The photo ops are becoming really distasteful for mine, I don’t blame him for meeting Trump and getting a photo that’s for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d tend to agree. The photo ops are becoming really distasteful for mine, I don’t blame him for meeting Trump and getting a photo that’s for sure.
If he were a sensible kid with a good head on his shoulders, he wouldn't have travelled to Kenosha with an AR-15. But everyone has to remember he is still young and being easily led by the talking heads on the tele. If anything, hope he gets paid by the Fox News of the world to pay for his education. He has done a s**t thing (lawful or not lawful, it is still taking 2 lives) and no doubt it will weigh on him as he gets older.

If he really did come out and say he supports people protesting for better treatment of black populations, and publicly rejected advances to appear on the worst of the alt-right shows, picked a balanced, professional news organisation to talk to, that would probably get many people to at least listen to his own side of the story.

I know I would more readily accept that he isn’t revelling in the notoriety as it looks like he is now.

Hmm, maybe.

Thats more an active image rehabilitation effort, a bit different from simply taking some time to yourself, shutting up and going away.

If he were a sensible kid with a good head on his shoulders, he wouldn't have travelled to Kenosha with an AR-15. But everyone has to remember he is still young and being easily led by the talking heads on the tele. If anything, hope he gets paid by the Fox News of the world to pay for his education. He has done a sh*t thing (lawful or not lawful, it is still taking 2 lives) and no doubt it will weigh on him as he gets older.
Prime candidate for being found dead from an od in a mid western motel in twenty odd
years time.

If he were a sensible kid with a good head on his shoulders, he wouldn't have travelled to Kenosha with an AR-15. But everyone has to remember he is still young and being easily led by the talking heads on the tele. If anything, hope he gets paid by the Fox News of the world to pay for his education. He has done a sh*t thing (lawful or not lawful, it is still taking 2 lives) and no doubt it will weigh on him as he gets older.

True, I mean he’ll be hassled by those bloody Proud boys, he’d be a great figure head for them. But would be a good ending for him to go to college and make something of himself.

I watched Stephen Crowder’s reaction to the verdict and he cheered like it was Warneys 700th wicket, not very classy.

True, I mean he’ll be hassled by those bloody Proud boys, he’d be a great figure head for them. But would be a good ending for him to go to college and make something of himself.

I watched Stephen Crowder’s reaction to the verdict and he cheered like it was Warneys 700th wicket, not very classy.
Classy is a rarity in the states currently

Remove this Banner Ad

Back