Game Day 2021 AFL Draft & AFL Rookie Draft

Arkhitect

Bleeding Purple
Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
A dedicated thread for conversations in the lead up to and during the live events over the next few days.

It'll be interesting to discuss the machinations of pick 19 and what we intend to do with it, once we actually know who is left on the board after the first round concludes later this evening.

Last edited:

gungho

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
The latest from the AFL site has us taking Hobbs at 8!! Even stranger is that the eagles will overlook both Erasmus and Johnson for Chesser at 12. (A guy the draft “guru” knightmare hasn’t even put in his top 70 players this year).
shits about to get real people.

CapitalA

Club Legend
Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
The latest from the AFL site has us taking Hobbs at 8!! Even stranger is that the eagles will overlook both Erasmus and Johnson for Chesser at 12. (A guy the draft “guru” knightmare hasn’t even put in his top 70 players this year).
shits about to get real people.
That wasn't AFL that was fox footy, and I don't think it is accurate at all. Cal Twomey will be the closest predictor no doubt in my mind.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Best at or above 6'6" available please

If Freo draft Hobbs there will be a Ryan Daniels article with the headline Hobbs a Shaw Thing. Which will be clever but uuuggghhhh.

If our future with him is that we never lose a clearance and play three rebounding running defenders who run past for a handball every stoppage then that's lovely.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
If Freo draft Hobbs there will be a Ryan Daniels article with the headline Hobbs a Shaw Thing. Which will be clever but uuuggghhhh.

If our future with him is that we never lose a clearance and play three rebounding running defenders who run past for a handball every stoppage then that's lovely.
Is Hobbs in another league to Johnson at clearances?

Is Hobbs in another league to Johnson at clearances?
Very different league, Hobbs would destroy Johnson at the stoppages currently.

I'd look at Johnson how Walsh was played at Carlton, one handball off the contest and running around to offer an option for a kick. Except Johnson can kick the ball himself.

We need a player who can play that inside/outside role and use the ball well. Johnson can do that.

OK everyone, I've had a word with the club and they've promised* not to make you lot melt too much over the next day or so.

* promise not actually binding but please don't be dicks

Back