Roast DeGoey Arrested in NYC

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys and gals
Please help your Pies mods by not quoting and replying to trolls, just use the report button and it will make cleaning up and removing them much easier.
Thanks.

The court is deciding if he has committed a legal offence.

That is not the same thing as determining if he has broken team rules, or broken undertakings he has made.

The club banned him for lying to them. Where was the legal judgement on that?

The club has banned players for drinking during the week. Where was the legal judgement on that?

As I said ‘doing something wrong’ has wider scope than just a legal ruling.
This matter is a legal issue so it’s the courts place to punish him or not and not the clubs. If the club bans him it’s a bad look for us that is of course if there is a not guilty verdict

Banning someone from having a drink nor for having a drink

In Swamy’s case, the reason he was banned for having a drink was because he was banned from having a drink. The whole team were. They imposed it on themselves.

It’s not unreasonable that players make undertakings “I’m not going to drink”, “I’m not going to let my skinfolds go below …”, “I’m not going to post on social media”, “I’m not going to get arrested again” and if they break those undertakings then it follows that there would be consequences.

In Swamy’s case, the reason he was banned for having a drink was because he was banned from having a drink. The whole team were. They imposed it on themselves.

It’s not unreasonable that players make undertakings “I’m not going to drink”, “I’m not going to let my skinfolds go below …”, “I’m not going to post on social media”, and if they break those undertakings then it follows that there would be consequences.
You know you are preaching to the inflexible don't you?

It’s not unreasonable that players make undertakings “I’m not going to drink”, “I’m not going to let my skinfolds go below …”, “I’m not going to post on social media”, “I’m not going to get arrested again” and if they break those undertakings then it follows that there would be consequences.
It’s not unreasonable that players in their time off are allowed to enjoy themselves either

How many times do you think that’s already been done?

It reminds me of that old joke about English bobbies chasing after a suspected criminal, yelling out “Stop, or I’ll yell ‘stop‘ again!!!”

He got suspended by the club after his 21 for lying to the club about how he broke his hand. I doubt that received a final warning. He hasn't be suspended by the club for the driving offences. What would he have received a final warning for?

He got suspended by the club after his 21 for lying to the club about how he broke his hand. I doubt that received a final warning. He hasn't be suspended by the club for the driving offences. What would he have received a final warning for?
Turns 26 soon and hasn’t been in trouble since he was 21. We don’t even know if he did anything wrong. Also all these people in the footy department who would have issued this “final warning” are no longer at the club

You tell me sr if after 7 years of very sub standard behavior off field and off season just how many mulligans would you give him?

How many get out of goal free cards does his not yet properly realized talents entitle him to in your book?

I think before he's allowed back at the Club he should be made to...
A/ read this thread in full
B/ have open dialogue via a dedicated thread along the lines of the Board nominees.

PS: Great work with those threads Pie eyed

You tell me sr if after 7 years of very sub standard behavior off field and off season just how many mulligans would you give him?

How many get out of goal free cards does his not yet properly realized talents entitle him to in your book?

Same as the rest of us. He's just a footballer, not one of the few professions that is a custodian of law abiding morality.

I don't know of anything, or an accumulation of things, that would result in people getting sacked from the majority of professions. So I don't see why he should be sacked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B/ have open dialogue via a dedicated thread along the lines of the Board nominees.

If he had shown one shred of responsibility in the past option A might have worked.

Option B would be along similar lines.

This is not a young man who has shown any sign of maturing so why would either A or B make any difference to his displayed attitude?

Same as the rest of us. He's just a footballer, not one of the few professions that is a custodian of law abiding morality.

I don't know of anything, or an accumulation of things, that would result in people getting sacked from the majority of professions. So I don't see why he should be sacked.
I haven't advocated his sacking so you are jumping the gun in the first place.

I HAVE advocated meaningful disciplinary action - otherwise what's the point of having him on the list?

He needs to understand that the club will take strong action to enforce the club rules otherwise he will just make more meaningless promises he has no intention of following through with.

Maybe Cwood could get innovative - appoint a player representative to the Board? - JDG could be the one - attended an "elite" school, has an influential network - inc NYPD - imagine them as sponsors :)

Please stop, you are applying some common sense to the situation. That doesn’t belong here. You are far better off being irrational like everyone else

The midfielder is facing serious assault and harassment charges after a nightclub fight that will require him to appear in a New York court next month, but tech multi-millionaire and Boost Mobile founder Peter Adderton said De Goey is the “most misunderstood person” and described him as a “gentle giant”.

“I was vocal because I don’t normally stand up for everybody, but I was just like ‘give this kid a chance’ he’s working his arse off over there to be a better player,” the director and executive chairman of Boost Mobile Australia told News Corp Australia.

“I’ll stand by that kid because he’s the most misunderstood kid.

“I know Jordie. Jordie’s been at my house, I’ve got teenage daughters and we were having a barbecue … he’s the most respectful young kid.

“He goes out and has fun. But that doesn’t mean he’s a bad person. And he is not the person some are making him out to be.”

Mr Adderton also accused the Collingwood club of being “cowards” for not calling De Goey first to hear his side of the story before he was stood down over the alleged incident.

The pair trained together at the elite W Facility for athletes for two hours a day over two to three months this year while Mr Adderton was in the US.

Mr Adderton, who is friends with the facility’s owner Johnny Louch, said he still gets videos of De Goey regularly to see his progress.

“When Jordie came across and he started training, the cardio, we were kicking him,” he said.

“And just seeing the change over the last week when I left about a week ago, the change in his performance — his cardio and endurance was just massive.

“He had a run with another AFL player and he outsprinted him, and he should be allowed to come back and play.

“Obviously, we will see what happens with the legal system.

“He’s ready to come back and play. I will be very vocal if they don’t put him back on the field next year. Let me tell you that.”

Mr Adderton said De Goey was a “decent, good guy” who wants to get back on the field.

“He’s a football player. He loves the game. He loves the fans and he just wants to be back on doing what he was doing,” he said.

“So I think that that’s where his focus is and he’s not distracted.”

Mr Adderton claimed Collingwood went into a “protect mode” when the alleged incident first made world headlines, without speaking to De Goey first to get his side of the story.

“We live in this world where everyone’s so concerned that an accusation is basically a guilty plea,” he said.

What they should’ve said was ‘we’re going to look into this, we’re going to see what the story is, and then we’ll make a decision based on the facts.”

“I just keep telling people. Imagine it’s your son. Would you stand your son down before talking to him?

“Would you tell him he can’t come around the family? He can’t come into the house. He can’t play with his brothers and sisters. You would never do that, but that’s what they did.”

New Collingwood coach Craig McRae said on Monday De Goey was set to return home by the end of November.

He said he wanted to ensure De Goey felt supported by the club.

“At the moment I’m making sure that when the opportunity presents, if it presents, that Jordie will feel that he is well supported,” he said.

If he had shown one shred of responsibility in the past option A might have worked.

Option B would be along similar lines.

This is not a young man who has shown any sign of maturing so why would either A or B make any difference to his displayed attitude?

156 pages later and you're still in here pushing your own opinions as fact.

agreed he should have to read all this dribble... and if it turns out he likes pineapple on pizzas, well.. his cards are marked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back