Other Teams
Sturt
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting that he singled out O'Brien and Kelly as two players he's learned from about how hard you have to work to make it. I wonder if he's recognised that they are two players perhaps not blessed with quite the abundance of talent he has, but they've still managed to put together admirable careers based on honest, uncompromising effort. It wouldn't be a bad thing for him to have players like that as role models... as long as they don't try to teach him how to kick :p

Grenville

Club Legend
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting that he singled out O'Brien and Kelly as two players he's learned from about how hard you have to work to make it. I wonder if he's recognised that they are two players perhaps not blessed with quite the abundance of talent he has, but they've still managed to put together admirable careers based on honest, uncompromising effort. It wouldn't be a bad thing for him to have players like that as role models... as long as they don't try to teach him how to kick :p

Good call & really heartening to hear.

Player ceiling at their peak is some combination of Talent + Work ethic, along with to some extent Opportunity (club, coaching, development etc) + Luck (injury etc). Elite talent players are rare enough, but elite work ethic as well and youre in Mcleod territory. Glad he's on our side.

Oct 7, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Name names.

Who was upset with TT when selected by us?
I was underwhelmed, but couldn't think of a better option. Actively wasn't interested in McDonald, Hollands would have been my ideal, but I thought he wasn't worth pick 1/2 after his injury, so by default I got to Thilthorpe.

Happy enough now, and I wasn't upset, but just... meh.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Wouldnt say upset but did like Logan's scope more. Won't know for another few years
I don't see how he has greater scope, but alas still think he'll be a very good player.

I’ll admit to having been somewhat underwhelmed by what I’d seen of him in the SANFL and wanted McDonald. Was extremely happy to be proven wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back