Analysis 2021 draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL, so what. I could say I model my game on the Bont doesn't mean anything does it. It was laughable on the coverage when they showed who Lohman plays like and it was some Dogs player I hadn't even heard of, here I am thinking, great, what a steal at pick 20 it was getting this kid lol

So who a player models themselves on doesn't mean anything, but their Fox Sports comparison is a reliable indication the quality of a player. Umm....

That certainly isn't a given. There has been no mention of that by Twomney prior to the draft.

It's evidently not a given. The same way Richmond being interested in a trade, or that we didn't trade to trade down, isn't a given either.

Lohman is mentioned to be "worth a look" at 22 and "another potential option" at 26.

But we have been making a habit of it over the last couple of years. Other teams are moving around the draft order with agility to suit what they want to do. We are not.
Seriously you have zero intel as to who, what & how the club selects kids in this draft yet you and several others profess to be experts in a field you really know FA about. I cant wait for this kid to lead the way in 2-3 years time but over that time your opinions in this forum would not only be forgotten, so will be your negligible relevance to the subject of drafting young afl boys into the Brisbane Lions FC.

But we have been making a habit of it over the last couple of years. Other teams are moving around the draft order with agility to suit what they want to do. We are not.
We are clearly the most stagnant club when it comes to this aspect of the draft. They might be good talent pickers but no one can say they are an good with agility at the draft order as you say its actually quiet embarrassing bc its so evidently so.

I've got no problem with the pick. What the hell would I know, these people watch the juniors for years and I just go by what the media say.
That said - have we missed a chance to have our cake and eat it too? Given Kai was likely still to be available later and we have first round picks from next year to burn, could we not have traded our way down in the second round (we may still do this) to ensure we got Kai and picked up another highly touted kid, making it 3/3?
That said, I'm sure it'll work out - current people in charge haven't done a lot wrong. Go well, Kai.

I've got no problem with the pick. What the hell would I know, these people watch the juniors for years and I just go by what the media say.
That said - have we missed a chance to have our cake and eat it too? Given Kai was likely still to be available later

Not according to Twomey. Sounds like we just pipped Hawthorn and potentially some other clubs early in the second.

That said - have we missed a chance to have our cake and eat it too? Given Kai was likely still to be available later and we have first round picks from next year to burn, could we not have traded our way down in the second round (we may still do this) to ensure we got Kai and picked up another highly touted kid, making it 3/3?
Doesn't sound like it with talk of him maybe going in the early 20s anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't make a call on our draftees until I hear from briztoon
I heard he's currently in the Brisbane watchhouse after alternatively proposing to and threatening Dom Ambroglio after a few drinks.

Anyone able to get the footage of Darcy reaction to being selected by us?
Would love to see it.
I was listening to the draft but not watching.

Unless you watch as many underage games, and personally interview as many draft prospects as our recruitment team do, criticism of draft picks at this early stage is laughable really.

The time for judgement is in 3-4 years and I am pretty happy with what our list management and recruitment team have done over recent years.

That is why we have been in the top 4 in the last three years and hopefully the next three.

Not according to Toomey.
He stated in his first round wrap up, "that Hawthorn (Picks 21 & 24) were into Lohmann, as were a couple of other clubs early in 2nd round".
Given that, if we wanted him it was 18 or not at all.
Gee be careful, talking way too much sense for the so called experts on this forum.

Bris: Future first and 41
for
Freo: Pick 21, future 2nd and 3rd
Who says no? Might be tough to get Freo's pick (next pick) with Johnson still on the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back