Player Watch #28 Josh Gibcus

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised, not surprised.

Absolutely elite potential. And given our tall stocks he fills a need. If Miller comes on the he and Gibcus totally free up Balta. Sort of a KPF by default. Like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome Josh

North are building from the inside out
We’re building from the backline up. I actually love that.

Defense wins premierships
Noting the fact he can go forward as I posted a while back in the draft forum. He Used to ruck and play forward as a junior and was always too athletic for everyone else

Going to be a star ⭐

Would be stoked to have him paired with Balta down back for the next decade, but if the club want to try him up forward too I trust their judgement

So happy we got this guy. Best defender in the draft. AFL and the numpty commentators still have not figured out how we won 3 flags. Our defence is so damn good that the mids can run forward with confidence. If they stuff up and turn the ball over, it will be OK cos Grimes et al will ensure no goal is kicked on the turnover.
Hobbs etc would be nice but those guys don’t really move the needle. This guy can.

Club definitely pick him as forward. Natural attack of the ball in the air that the very best forwards have, very Naughton like in that regard.

Not sure what his goal kicking is like but kicking is the overall knock on his game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back